Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 11:19:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie question about BTC and BCC split...  (Read 896 times)
batt01

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:44:38 PM

Wanted to sell my BCC by Liqui, though now thinking about keeping it at least for a while. I think it will jump soon enough.

elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:45:18 PM

I sold BCC on Bittrex but what sucks the most is the fact they reduced the withdrawal limit for people without 2fa, only 0.025BTC a day.
Claim bcc is easy, but you should be extra careful not to mess things up like installing electron and electrum together or installing shady wallets that will compromise your computer
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:48:57 PM

I think this was done though. I mean it is done in bittrex, bittrex is one of the famous exchanger in this world. But I think that there is another chance for you at poloniex. Beacuse after August one they tend to welcome bitcoin cash or what is known as bcc or bch.
if you saving your Bitcoin in exchange, certainly you get BCC or can also be called BCH. example if you have Bitcoin and you save in Bittrex, i sure you get BCC for free according to your Bitcoin amount. Wink

That is right. But not in all exchanges. There are exchange platforms that did not support the copy and will not provide free BCH. For those others like Bittrex, there are free BCH given. And the next best thing you will do with your BitcoinCash is dump them while the price is still high.  Wink
Which exchanges do not provide BCC or BCH free? please tell in here so everyone knows which exchanges do not give bcc or bch for free, So they do not ask anymore. Wink
Barbarian

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:15:18 AM

As a newbie, if you want to participate in cryptocurrency and aren't sure if Bitcoin is for you, consider Litecoin. It's the silver to Bitcoin's gold, is currently priced at $42 (so it's more affordable) and it doesn't have the drama and uncertainty going on with Bitcoin right now.

Full discloser, I'm a fan of Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, but only time will tell if one or the other becomes the true "bitcoin" for the future. And it's possible that they could coexist quite well as they are now.

Good luck to you. If you have specific questions here, you'll get great responses from people.
Not trying to bring polemic to the thread but there is only one true bitcoin the one with the longest chain and that is bitcoin, bitcoin cash would not receive any attention if that coin was developed today, bitcoin cash is only trying to bring attention to itself with the airdrop and by naming itself as bitcoin.
Fatunad

Activity: 2282
Merit: 357

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:23:11 AM

Hi there I'm brand spanking new to the forum and I was wondering about something I was reading you guys discussing. I've been reading you can split BTC into BCC and make some kind of "free profit." My question is would it be worth it to a newbie like me to do such a thing or just hang tight? I've been reading mixed things that you can sell BCC and others saying you can't. Would really appreciate some clarification on all this. Thanks!
If you dont have Bitcoin held on a wallet which do have private keys before on that fork event on August 1 then its not possible to claim BCC (Bitcoin Cash) yes its really a free profits or money for those people who do have bitcoin on their wallets since they can easily import their keys on the wallet who do support BCC. Which is really great and for now seems like you are too late and dont bother on this thing.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 601

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:41:06 AM

Hi there I'm brand spanking new to the forum and I was wondering about something I was reading you guys discussing. I've been reading you can split BTC into BCC and make some kind of "free profit." My question is would it be worth it to a newbie like me to do such a thing or just hang tight?

If you do have bitcoins on your desktop wallet then it's good that you just hold now your BCH coins because there are rumors that there will be a massive pump that is about to happen. But if you want to get some profit then you can just sell it out, there's no big deal with it as it came from nothing.

I've been reading mixed things that you can sell BCC and others saying you can't. Would really appreciate some clarification on all this. Thanks!

What do you mean that you can't sell BCH? Btw, it's BCH not BCC.

Barbarian

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:51:29 PM

Wanted to sell my BCC by Liqui, though now thinking about keeping it at least for a while. I think it will jump soon enough.
This is what I’m beginning to think as well I though that bitcoin cash was going to disappear almost immediately but it seems it is holding its ground so it makes sense to hold for some time and see If the price can go even higher in the next weeks or months.
Nikola282828

Activity: 219
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 03:27:33 AM

As a newbie, if you want to participate in cryptocurrency and aren't sure if Bitcoin is for you, consider Litecoin. It's the silver to Bitcoin's gold, is currently priced at $42 (so it's more affordable) and it doesn't have the drama and uncertainty going on with Bitcoin right now.

Full discloser, I'm a fan of Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, but only time will tell if one or the other becomes the true "bitcoin" for the future. And it's possible that they could coexist quite well as they are now.

Good luck to you. If you have specific questions here, you'll get great responses from people.

Not necessarily, it could be Litecoin, you can try Etherium, Bitcoin, cash, and so on...which is better, as they say. In fact it is all silver BTC
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: