Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 09:22:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hang on install driver 7990  (Read 430 times)
crackhawk (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:49:48 AM

hello today im buying hd7990, im use windows 10 64bit, i downloaded new driver but get hang of it.. any solution?
thanks
B470

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:04:53 AM

Huh

Can you repost stating exactly what the issue is? You can't get the hang of the driver?
Ultegra134

Activity: 1610
Merit: 789

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:48:05 AM

Please, explain in further details what the problem actually is. According to what you've said, I would guess that the drivers crash. If that's the case, post here the driver version you are currently using and when the drivers crash. Do they crash under load? Do they crash using a specific software?
Be a little more specific so someone can actually help you with the issue you are facing.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
crackhawk (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:09:09 AM

i'm taking a bit of a guess as to what your problem actually is, but is your monitor plugged in to the GPU or onboard video?

plugged in to gpu

detail like this :
i have installed the amd driver at my computer, maybe 17.xx so the driver automatic install, then my computer blank.
i try uninstall using Display driver uninstaller at safe mode and download the new driver from amd site, but get error again in mid instalation, my computer get blank, i dont know why..
must i use windows 7 to use 7990?
Ultegra134

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:32:44 AM

i'm taking a bit of a guess as to what your problem actually is, but is your monitor plugged in to the GPU or onboard video?

plugged in to gpu

detail like this :
i have installed the amd driver at my computer, maybe 17.xx so the driver automatic install, then my computer blank.
i try uninstall using Display driver uninstaller at safe mode and download the new driver from amd site, but get error again in mid instalation, my computer get blank, i dont know why..
The 17.xx drivers are one of the latest ones, uninstall your current drivers using DDU software and then try to install 16.12 drivers, check if that works. Also, what PSU are you using?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
crackhawk (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 09:01:37 AM

plugged in to gpu

detail like this :
The 17.xx drivers are one of the latest ones, uninstall your current drivers using DDU software and then try to install 16.12 drivers, check if that works. Also, what PSU are you using?

im using seasonic 600w 80+ its enough?
Ultegra134

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 08:51:58 PM

plugged in to gpu

detail like this :

Haven't heard that brand before, although, I don't think your PSU is enough to handle that card, depending on what CPU you have and what other devices you have mounted. (Ram Dimms, Fans, HDDs etc)
The recommended power supply for your card is 700 Watts, I'd really advise you against using your current PSU, it's probably the reason your card is not functioning. Check the link below to see for yourself.
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 09:00:42 PM

plugged in to gpu

detail like this :

That is more than enough to run a 7990 card without problems because it is a good brand and when mining the 7990 goes up to 400-450 watt power consumption in Ethereum with a bit of undervolt. If you have overclocked your card then it is a PSU problem as this cards needs 573 watt under extreme load conditions. Try also changing drivers.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Download DDU, uninstall the drivers , restart your computer and download the latest version of Radeon Crimson driver from the official page of AMD. Everything should be fine by then.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Ultegra134

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 09:08:17 PM

plugged in to gpu

detail like this :

That is more than enough to run a 7990 card without problems because it is a good brand and when mining the 7990 goes up to 400-450 watt power consumption in Ethereum with a bit of undervolt. If you have overclocked your card then it is a PSU problem as this cards needs 573 watt under extreme load conditions. Try also changing drivers.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Download DDU, uninstall the drivers , restart your computer and download the latest version of Radeon Crimson driver from the official page of AMD. Everything should be fine by then.
AMD actually recommends a 700-750 Watt PSU, this card consumes more than 500 Watt in full load, add his CPU another 50-100 Watt, Cooling, Hard drives and you are at the limits of a 600 Watt PSU. Don't risk using that one, it's definitely not enough. You should have an average of 100 Watt allowance to be safe.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x