Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:30:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY OFFERED] Need a good solution to schedule power on and off.  (Read 939 times)
Joerii (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 03:26:53 PM

I'm offering my entire fortune of LTC ( 2.5 LTC ) to the first poster who can help me find the easiest and most reliable way to do the following :

- I want my ( Windows 7)mining rig to power off during office hours, and power back on after. That also means that in the weekend it stays on.

A little background info.

A friend of mine is offering to put the rig in his office, were I can benefin from the free power that he has available. The noise and heat my darling generates is unaccaptable, so it has to be powered off during office hours.

I can just put the .bat that starts cgminer in the startup folder, that's no problem, but the irregular schedule to power it on and off is were I need some help.

Does anyone know of software which I can use to realise this goal ? If I can do it without setting arcane rules in the Scheduler that would be great.

I'm using an ASrock extreme 6 motherboard, in case someone knows a good bios setting for this.

Looking forward to reading your replies.

J

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
grosminer

Activity: 718
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 03:39:47 PM

I think you may try  CG watcher
http://manotechnology.blogspot.ca/p/cgwatcher.html
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:24:57 PM

Tell Win7 to Shutdown every day at a certain time, say 8:00am.

Then have your BIOS automatically Startup your PC at a certain time, say 5:00pm.

Make sure you have auto-login enabled, and throw a quick batch script that starts CGMiner in the startup folder. Bam. Done.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Joerii (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 05:42:36 PM

Then have your BIOS automatically Startup your PC at a certain time, say 5:00pm.

Make sure you have auto-login enabled, and throw a quick batch script that starts CGMiner in the startup folder. Bam. Done.

The thing is... I don;t want every day to be the same, as mentioned in the OP.

Joerii (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 05:47:21 PM

Very cool. I like it. This will make it easier, but there's still the problem of the rig being turned on.

Even without the gpu's hasing away, in idle mode, it is too loud.

Can I tell windows 7 to shutdown at 8.00 on every weekday ? How ?

grosminer

Activity: 718
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:15:58 PM

Very cool. I like it. This will make it easier, but there's still the problem of the rig being turned on.

Even without the gpu's hasing away, in idle mode, it is too loud.

Can I tell windows 7 to shutdown at 8.00 on every weekday ? How ?

I guess you could  schedule a task to enter "sleep" mode and another to "wake up"
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:53:17 PM

Well that's no problem. Rather than making 1 scheduler events to shut off the PC every day, make 5 events that shut off the PC once a week.

Event 1 - Shut down the PC every Monday at 7:00am.
Event 2 - Shut down the PC every Tuesday at 8:00am.
Etc.

The BIOS alarm wakeup only works if the PC is off. If it's already on, it will just keep going.

This lets you adjust what time you want it to shut off every morning, and will also make sure it's hashing nonstop over the weekends.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Joerii (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 08:18:34 AM

Well that's no problem. Rather than making 1 scheduler events to shut off the PC every day, make 5 events that shut off the PC once a week.

Event 1 - Shut down the PC every Monday at 7:00am.
Event 2 - Shut down the PC every Tuesday at 8:00am.
Etc.

The BIOS alarm wakeup only works if the PC is off. If it's already on, it will just keep going.

This lets you adjust what time you want it to shut off every morning, and will also make sure it's hashing nonstop over the weekends.

OK, that seems like a complete solution. I'll test it out soon and let you know. If it works I'll send you the bounty ( or I can donate to your cause, up to you ).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: