Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:50:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FINALLY SOLD MY BITCOIN CASH! STEP BY STEP GUIDE  (Read 1597 times)
newguy05 (OP)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 06:41:59 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 06:54:20 AM by newguy05

First i just want to say ,,!,, to whoever created this whole bitcoin cash mess.  Although i dont agree with the hard fork just to stroke some egos i have no problem with it as long as the community supports it.  But the entire execution is a clusterfuck piss poor mess, whoever are responsible for them are fucking idiots.

1) Why would you name your coin bitcoin CASH?  instead of something more unique.  Any time anyone trying to google your coin, i.e. bitcoin cash exchange, bitcoin cash wallet, bitcoin cash whatever - instead of getting to the relevant result you get spammed with bitcoin and cash conversions/comparisons.  It's almost you dont want your coin to be found and want to promote bitcoin.  Why not call it bitcoin iamnotafuckingidiot,  so when someone googles it, they actually find results about your coin.

2) Why go production with zero planning and infrastructure in place? The official website has jackshit, absolutely no instructions on how to actually get bitcoin cash. None of the wallet linked are verified - and even worse it puts people's bitcoin at risk when they try to mess with the private keys on their own to get bitcoin cash not understanding the full picture.   Why would you not have an official bitcoin cash wallet and clear instructions on how to get the bcc coins. Another wtf moment.

3) Only 3 exchanges currently support bitcoin cash trading, so why the fuck would you list a dozen that does not, just to confuse people.

/rant off.

-----

Now on with how to get and sell your bitcoin cash.  This guide by no means is perfect nor do i claim it's elegant/ideal approach, but that's how i got it done, balancing risk vs result. I will try to keep it in simple terms so it's easy to understand.

bitcoin = BTC,  bitcoin cash = BCC

1) SAVE YOUR EXISTING BTC -  Send all your BTC to coinbase or another trusted wallet. (you can create a new local BTC wallet on a different PC to send the coins, but i prefer just dump it all to coinbase since i trust it and it makes things much simpler - less worry about security).

2) Wait until you have 6 confirms and coinbase also confirms the transaction is done.  At this point, you should have no BTC left in your old wallet.

3) FIND ALL PRIVATE KEYS -  Export all private keys that had BTC into a txt file from the now empty wallet, 1 private key per row. Quick fyi - 1 wallet can contain many public/private keys, and your BTCs were likely spread across them, so to get all the BCC you need all the private keys that had BTC in them.   Below are the exact steps if you are using bitcoin core wallet:

A) goto Help --> Debug Window --> Console
B) type: dumpwallet "C:\yourpath\wallet_pk.txt"   

At this point your entire private key list linked to the wallet is exposed as readable text file - danger! But your BTC is at coinbase or somewhere else safe correct?

4) Go through the wallet_pk.txt  file from previous step, and parse out all the private keys that had BTC linked to it.

Example below,  private keys are on the left.  You want any rows that have "label" and "change".   Ignore "reserve" as those keys had no BTC.

Code:
cTtefiUaLfXuyBXJBBywSdg8soTEkBNh9yTi1KgoHxUYxt1xZ2aA 2014-02-05T15:44:03Z label=test1 # addr=mnUbTmdAFD5EAg3348Ejmonub7JcWtrMck
cQNY9v93Gyt8KmwygFR59bDhVs3aRDkuT8pKaCBpop82TZ8ND1tH 2014-02-05T16:58:41Z reserve=1 # addr=mp4MmhTp3au21HPRz5waf6YohGumuNnsqT
cNTEPzZH9mjquFFADXe5S3BweNiHLUKD6PvEKEsHApqjX4ZddeU6 2014-02-05T16:58:41Z reserve=1 # addr=n3pdvsxveMBkktjsGJixfSbxacRUwJ9jQW
cTVNtBK7mBi2yc9syEnwbiUpnpGJKohDWzXMeF4tGKAQ7wvomr95 2014-02-05T16:58:41Z change=1 # addr=moQR7i8XM4rSGoNwEsw3h4YEuduuP6mxw7
cNCD679B4xi17jb4XeLpbRbZCbYUugptD7dCtUTfSU4KPuK2DyKT 2014-02-05T16:58:41Z reserve=1 # addr=mq8fzjxxVbAKxUGPwaSSo3C4WaUxdzfw3C

So using above example, you should now have below private keys.  (and no those are not my private keys, just samples..)

Code:
cTtefiUaLfXuyBXJBBywSdg8soTEkBNh9yTi1KgoHxUYxt1xZ2aA
cTVNtBK7mBi2yc9syEnwbiUpnpGJKohDWzXMeF4tGKAQ7wvomr95

5) GET BCC WALLET - Download and install electron cash from:  http://www.electroncash.org     

DISCLAIMER:  THIS IS NOT A VERIFIED BITCOIN CASH WALLET (THERE IS NO VERIFIED BITCOIN CASH WALLET CURRENTLY - see my rant).  SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.   

This wallet worked for me for BCC, but i am by no means vouching for it.  And if you do download, make sure you download it from the official website.

6) Upon opening the wallet, you should got the Network window.  if not goto Tools --> Network.  And choose "electrum-abc.criptolayer.net" as the Node (there is a whole another mess of the wallet defaulting to BTC network creating mass confusion, that's why you doing this to force it to this BCC node/network, read: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6qyn18/electroncash_notice_how_to_select_bitcoincash )

7) Use the default options in the setup wizard to create the wallet, on the screen that says import private key, put the private key you saved from step 4).  Alternatively, just goto Wallet --> Private Keys --> Import to put the keys.

8 ) At this point you should see your BCC balance reflected.  Double check make sure the BCC balance is as expected, if not you may missed importing 1 or more private keys. Go back to step 4) and recheck.

9) GET YOUR BCC OUT! - Now it's time to deposit the BCC to an exchange.  As of aug 3rd, i am only aware of viabtc and hitbtc exchanges that accept BCC deposits and is actually working.  I am not going into detail on which of the 2 exchanges to use, you make your own call (i used viabtc fyi)

Once the exchange is determined, send 1 BCC from your electron cash wallet to the exchange to test, set the fee bar to max - so you get your transaction in the next block.  Don't be cheap on the fees, you getting all this free coins already and given the network is still a baby - try to get your transaction confirmed asap. (at least in theory, it should help!)

10)  Check on your chosen exchange that the 1 BCC arrived and is confirmed (shouldn't take too long, took me 15 mins).  Once that's fine, then send the rest of your BCC over as well, again i recommend use max Fee to send.  Do NOT leave any BCC in your electron wallet, as it's an unapproved wallet, god knows what security holes it may have. You want to get in and get out asap, not leaving anything in that wallet.

11) GET YOUR BTC OUT! - Make the BCC->BTC trades on the exchange, then once again, get the fuck out and move the free BTCs you just got to your trusted wallet asap, not leave it on the exchange.  Those 2 exchanges that currently allow BCC deposit/trading, i wouldn't leave anything in there. Who knows what will happen given the volatility.

---- 

On a separate note, here's my thought why one should get out of BCC asap and not to listen to all those people saying keep BCC and see what happens.  Of course just like picking stocks, you make your own decision, i could be spectacularly wrong, but it's something i can live with given the below.

1) BCC network difficulty will drop significantly, it will become a small fraction of the BTC difficulty weakening it significantly and making it susceptible to 51% and other problems.

2) Every single person who has BTC now has BCC instantly (minus the dorks who stored it on coinbase before the split), it's basically free money.  BUT there is absolutely NO - NOT A SINGLE - use for BCC. What do you think is going to happen? people did not spend money buying BCC, its just there one day, with no use, and tons of uncertainty.

3) Majority of the people still have no idea how to get this thing to an exchange to sell it. Once thing settle down in a week or so, the rush for the exit will start.  Look at almost every single instant gratification alt coins, they almost ALL end in zero.  Unless some major backing or news comes for BCC, i strongly believe same will happen.  Just ask yourself, who will be buying those coins? we know everyone has them now, but who will actually spend fiat or BTC buying them?  Are you willing to spend BTC buying BCC  at 1:5? 1:10? 1:20?  there's your answer.

In my view, it's really a race against time to get BCC to an exchange, and convert to BTC, You are racing against everyone else.  Every hour counts.

----

if this helped you, please donate some btc to 19XxPAWSUmtcjcDFuUhQtbgzwt5KP1vPF1
if not, i tried.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
StevenRA

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:44:13 AM

First i just want to say ,,!,, to whoever created this whole bitcoin cash mess.  Although i dont agree with the hard fork just to stroke some egos i have no problem with it as long as the community supports it.  But the entire execution is a clusterfuck piss poor mess, whoever are responsible for them are fucking idiots.

1) Why would you name your coin bitcoin CASH?  instead of something more unique.  Any time anyone trying to google your coin, i.e. bitcoin cash exchange, bitcoin cash wallet, bitcoin cash whatever - instead of getting to the relevant result you get spammed with bitcoin and cash conversions/comparisons.  It's almost you dont want your coin to be found and want to promote bitcoin.  Why not call it bitcoin iamnotafuckingidiot,  so when someone googles it, they actually find results about your coin.

Haha, good point. No cryptocurrency should really be called "cash."
jezus

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:48:53 AM

Is that true ,coinbase support bcash?

█████████████████████████████████████████
██                                     ██
██ █████████████▄ ▀███████████████████ ██
██ ██          ▀██▄ ▀██▄            ██ ██
██ ██            ▀██▄ ▀██▄          ██ ██
██ ██              ▀██▄ ▀██▄        ██ ██
██ ██                ▀██▄ ▀██▄  ▄▄████ ██
██ ██                  ▀██▄ ▀████▀▀    ██
██ ██                    ▀██▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ██
██ ██▄                     ▀██  ██  ██ ██
██ █████▄                 ▄▄██  ██  ██ ██
██     ▀███▄        ▄▄██████▀ ▄▄ ▀████ ██
██ ████▄ ▀▀██ ▄▄██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄████▄▄    ██
██ ██  ██  ▀███▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀████ ██
██ ██  ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄           ██ ██
██ ████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄          ██ ██
██   ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀█ ██   ██ █▄         ██ ██
██ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ███████ █████████████ ██
██                                     ██
█████████████████████████████████████████
LASER ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT BORDERS

A BLOCKCHAIN-AGNOSTIC SERVICE LAYER
FOR IMPROVED SPEED, ANONYMITY, AND INTEROPERABILITY
[]
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:50:01 AM

The result of the BCC fork?

Bitcoin core looks like its backed by a bunch of juvenile ideological fanatics spitting venom

BCC looks like a practical fork of bitcoin with a surprising price stability that shows its a serious player

Bitcoin core fanatics are sweating hard because they know deep down, BCC is in a position to take over

Drop the bullshit ideology guys, its the only chance for bitcoin core

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
bitjoin

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:54:00 AM

Im not touching my cold storage for this, im worried about missing out on one of these forks becoming something.  We'll probably have a new fork every week soon it will be the new ICO judging by how it got everyones attention.  Myabe this is how your bitcoin will get to $10k very soon.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:06:03 AM

2) Why go production with zero planning and infrastructure in place? The official website has jackshit, absolutely no instructions on how to actually get bitcoin cash. None of the wallet linked are verified - and even worse it puts people's bitcoin at risk when they try to mess with the private keys on their own to get bitcoin cash not understanding the full picture.   Why would you not have an official bitcoin cash wallet and clear instructions on how to get the bcc coins. Another wtf moment.

3) Only 3 exchanges currently support bitcoin cash trading, so why the fuck would you list a dozen that does not, just to confuse people.

/rant off.

-----

Now on with how to get and sell your bitcoin cash.  This guide by no means is perfect nor do i claim it's elegant/ideal approach, but that's how i got it done, balancing risk vs result. I will try to keep it in simple terms so it's easy to understand.

bitcoin = BTC,  bitcoin cash = BCC

1) SAVE YOUR EXISTING BTC -  Send all your BTC to coinbase or another trusted wallet. (you can create a new local BTC wallet on a different PC to send the coins, but i prefer just dump it all to coinbase since i trust it and it makes things much simpler - less worry about security).

2) Wait until you have 6 confirms and coinbase also confirms the transaction is done.  At this point, you should have no BTC left in your old wallet.

3) FIND ALL PRIVATE KEYS -  Export all private keys that had BTC into a txt file from the now empty wallet, 1 private key per row. Quick fyi - 1 wallet can contain many public/private keys, and your BTCs were likely spread across them, so to get all the BCC you need all the private keys that had BTC in them.   Below are the exact steps if you are using bitcoin core wallet:

A) goto Help --> Debug Window --> Console
B) type: dumpwallet "C:\yourpath\wallet_pk.txt"   

At this point your entire private key list linked to the wallet is exposed as readable text file - danger! But your BTC is at coinbase or somewhere else safe correct?

4) Go through the wallet_pk.txt  file from previous step, and parse out all the private keys that had BTC linked to it.

Example below,  private keys are on the left.  You want any rows that have "label" and "change".   Ignore "reserve" as those keys had no BTC.

Code:
cTtefiUaLfXuyBXJBBywSdg8soTEkBNh9yTi1KgoHxUYxt1xZ2aA 2014-02-05T15:44:03Z label=test1 # addr=mnUbTmdAFD5EAg3348Ejmonub7JcWtrMck
cQNY9v93Gyt8KmwygFR59bDhVs3aRDkuT8pKaCBpop82TZ8ND1tH 2014-02-05T16:58:41Z reserve=1 # addr=mp4MmhTp3au21HPRz5waf6YohGumuNnsqT
cNTEPzZH9mjquFFADXe5S3BweNiHLUKD6PvEKEsHApqjX4ZddeU6 2014-02-05T16:58:41Z reserve=1 # addr=n3pdvsxveMBkktjsGJixfSbxacRUwJ9jQW
cTVNtBK7mBi2yc9syEnwbiUpnpGJKohDWzXMeF4tGKAQ7wvomr95 2014-02-05T16:58:41Z change=1 # addr=moQR7i8XM4rSGoNwEsw3h4YEuduuP6mxw7
cNCD679B4xi17jb4XeLpbRbZCbYUugptD7dCtUTfSU4KPuK2DyKT 2014-02-05T16:58:41Z reserve=1 # addr=mq8fzjxxVbAKxUGPwaSSo3C4WaUxdzfw3C

So using above example, you should now have below private keys.  (and no those are not my private keys, just samples..)

Code:
cTtefiUaLfXuyBXJBBywSdg8soTEkBNh9yTi1KgoHxUYxt1xZ2aA
cTVNtBK7mBi2yc9syEnwbiUpnpGJKohDWzXMeF4tGKAQ7wvomr95

5) GET BCC WALLET - Download and install electron cash from:  http://www.electroncash.org     

DISCLAIMER:  THIS IS NOT A VERIFIED BITCOIN CASH WALLET (THERE IS NO VERIFIED BITCOIN CASH WALLET CURRENTLY - see my rant).  SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.   

This wallet worked for me for BCC, but i am by no means vouching for it.  And if you do download, make sure you download it from the official website.

6) Upon opening the wallet, you should got the Network window.  if not goto Tools --> Network.  And choose "electrum-abc.criptolayer.net" as the Node (there is a whole another mess of the wallet defaulting to BTC network creating mass confusion, that's why you doing this to force it to this BCC node/network, read: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6qyn18/electroncash_notice_how_to_select_bitcoincash )

7) Use the default options in the setup wizard to create the wallet, on the screen that says import private key, put the private key you saved from step 4).  Alternatively, just goto Wallet --> Private Keys --> Import to put the keys.

8 ) At this point you should see your BCC balance reflected.  Double check make sure the BCC balance is as expected, if not you may missed importing 1 or more private keys. Go back to step 4) and recheck.

9) GET YOUR BCC OUT! - Now it's time to deposit the BCC to an exchange.  As of aug 3rd, i am only aware of viabtc and hitbtc exchanges that accept BCC deposits and is actually working.  I am not going into detail on which of the 2 exchanges to use, you make your own call (i used viabtc fyi)

Once the exchange is determined, send 1 BCC from your electron cash wallet to the exchange to test, set the fee bar to max - so you get your transaction in the next block.  Don't be cheap on the fees, you getting all this free coins already and given the network is still a baby - try to get your transaction confirmed asap. (at least in theory, it should help!)

10)  Check on your chosen exchange that the 1 BCC arrived and is confirmed (shouldn't take too long, took me 15 mins).  Once that's fine, then send the rest of your BCC over as well, again i recommend use max Fee to send.  Do NOT leave any BCC in your electron wallet, as it's an unapproved wallet, god knows what security holes it may have. You want to get in and get out asap, not leaving anything in that wallet.

11) GET YOUR BTC OUT! - Make the BCC->BTC trades on the exchange, then once again, get the fuck out and move the free BTCs you just got to your trusted wallet asap, not leave it on the exchange.  Those 2 exchanges that currently allow BCC deposit/trading, i wouldn't leave anything in there. Who knows what will happen given the volatility.

---- 

On a separate note, here's my thought why one should get out of BCC asap and not to listen to all those people saying keep BCC and see what happens.  Of course just like picking stocks, you make your own decision, i could be spectacularly wrong, but it's something i can live with given the below.

1) BCC network difficulty will drop significantly, it will become a small fraction of the BTC difficulty weakening it significantly and making it susceptible to 51% and other problems.

2) Every single person who has BTC now has BCC instantly (minus the dorks who stored it on coinbase before the split), it's basically free money.  BUT there is absolutely NO - NOT A SINGLE - use for BCC. What do you think is going to happen? people did not spend money buying BCC, its just there one day, with no use, and tons of uncertainty.

3) Majority of the people still have no idea how to get this thing to an exchange to sell it. Once thing settle down in a week or so, the rush for the exit will start.  Look at almost every single instant gratification alt coins, they almost ALL end in zero.  Unless some major backing or news comes for BCC, i strongly believe same will happen.  Just ask yourself, who will be buying those coins? we know everyone has them now, but who will actually spend fiat or BTC buying them?  Are you willing to spend BTC buying BCC  at 1:5? 1:10? 1:20?  there's your answer.

In my view, it's really a race against time to get BCC to an exchange, and convert to BTC, You are racing against everyone else.  Every hour counts.

----

if this helped you, please donate some btc to 19XxPAWSUmtcjcDFuUhQtbgzwt5KP1vPF1
if not, i tried.

Well, that's a very long process. I think the creation of BCC just created a mess. I can't see or maybe I'm just not aware of the purpose of it. A lot of people are talking a lot about BCC nowadays. Some says it's worth investing, it's a trash, a scam. So, I've no idea on what really to do. So, I guess I'll just sit and observe for a few months before making a move.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:16:03 AM

Nice info but it seems too complicated steps to follow and a long process downloading btccash wallet takes hours to fully sync my own way of collecting btc cash is very simple.
1. download coinomi wallet app on playstore it supports bcc for now
2. import your private keys
3. in coinomi add bcc on your preferred coins
4. send to exchange

JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:24:54 AM

Nice info but it seems too complicated steps to follow and a long process downloading btccash wallet takes hours to fully sync my own way of collecting btc cash is very simple.
4. send to exchange

This looks like a quite different way, has anyone else already tested that? Anyway thanks also for the thread with all detailed instructions, that is badly needed these days. And people who do either way remember to finally trash the original wallet with the then compromised private keys. Don't resend there all your BTCs Smiley

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:28:20 AM

Bitcoin core looks like its backed by a bunch of juvenile ideological fanatics spitting venom

BCC looks like a practical fork of bitcoin with a surprising price stability that shows its a serious player

Bitcoin core fanatics are sweating hard because they know deep down, BCC is in a position to take over

It seems like you don't know the reason why Bcash is worth ~$400 at the moment right!
It's because the BCash chain is barely making any blocks!!!
As soon as people are able to deposit their Bcash to an exchange, which they can't at the moment, I can assure you the price will go down pretty quick!
In the long run that altcoin may hover around 10-50 bucks with a bit of luck.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:30:45 AM

4. send to exchange

This looks like a quite different way, has anyone else already tested that? Anyway thanks also for the thread with all detailed instructions, that is badly needed these days. And people who do either way remember to finally trash the original wallet with the then compromised private keys. Don't resend there all your BTCs Smiley

Not me but there are guys here in the forum who have done so succesfully.
Just type Coinomi in the search bar and you should find some posts about it I guess.
Also try r/bitcoin for similar solutions to claim your Bcash.
mimictic

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:30:58 AM

4. send to exchange

is it valid for coinomi android users?i can`t find where to input priv key on coinomi android(v1.7.2.3)
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:44:13 AM

All caps fanatic headline... typical BTC zealot that lead to its stagnation in the first place

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
newguy05 (OP)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 05:50:38 PM

On a separate note, here's my thought why one should get out of BCC asap and not to listen to all those people saying keep BCC and see what happens.  Of course just like picking stocks, you make your own decision, i could be spectacularly wrong, but it's something i can live with given the below.

2) Every single person who has BTC now has BCC instantly (minus the dorks who stored it on coinbase before the split), it's basically free money.  BUT there is absolutely NO - NOT A SINGLE - use for BCC. What do you think is going to happen? people did not spend money buying BCC, its just there one day, with no use, and tons of uncertainty.

3) Majority of the people still have no idea how to get this thing to an exchange to sell it. Once thing settle down in a week or so, the rush for the exit will start.  Look at almost every single instant gratification alt coins, they almost ALL end in zero.  Unless some major backing or news comes for BCC, i strongly believe same will happen.  Just ask yourself, who will be buying those coins? we know everyone has them now, but who will actually spend fiat or BTC buying them?  Are you willing to spend BTC buying BCC  at 1:5? 1:10? 1:20?  there's your answer.

In my view, it's really a race against time to get BCC to an exchange, and convert to BTC, You are racing against everyone else.  Every hour counts.

Some of you can whine about my negatives toward BCC, it's your right. But the facts have proven themselves.

At the time of my original post at start of 8/3,  BCC/BTC was at 0.14 (source viabtc).   As of now 8/4 afternoon, BCC/BTC is at 0.09.

In a mere 36 hours, BCC has lost 35% of its value, meanwhile BTC (source coinbase) remained flat and did not drop (think it went up ~5% in the last 36 hours).

The facts speak for themselves. And this price action occurred despite

1) Many are still in a holding pattern not knowing how to get BCC to an exchange to sell - the floodgate has not opened fully yet

2) The difficulty adjustment for BCC hasnt happened yet.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:59:24 PM

/rant off.

1. They want to make it look like it is somehow affiliated with Bitcoin, when it obviously isn't. All it is is a crap altcoin like all the rest and the price is dumping hard as we speak.

2. Because they planned this well in advance to make money and no one even realized it. See, they told everyone to get their Bitcoin off of exchanges to stop anyone from being able to dump when said exchanges started offering BTC/BCH trading. They then proceeded to dump all their own BCH, getting top dollar while everyone else waited up to 24 hours to get their BCH back onto exchanges.

3. Again, refer to point above. They WANT to confuse people, in order to profit from their crapcoin scam. They are making millions overnight... we will look back on this as one of the big scams.
jnow

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 09:12:21 PM

2. Because they planned this well in advance to make money and no one even realized it. See, they told everyone to get their Bitcoin off of exchanges to stop anyone from being able to dump when said exchanges started offering BTC/BCH trading. They then proceeded to dump all their own BCH, getting top dollar while everyone else waited up to 24 hours to get their BCH back onto exchanges.

my only question is who were the buyers buying them?

My guess is the people who believe BCH is the next big thing.

PanneKopp

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

aka ...

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 09:48:08 PM

Hurry up all you Trolls and sell your opportunity for the future as fast as you can.

Wait until november, when Blockstream will deny the 2x-part of the NY-agreement.

What do you expect the miners will do, when they got fooled once again ?

Tongue

P.S. your so called "step by step guide" is only another proof of missing knowledge, btw.

... please make an educated guess !
Hodor7777

Activity: 615
Merit: 112

It’s easy to confuse what is with what ought to be

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 10:25:30 PM

Thank you for sharing this step-by-step guide!  I didn't have much BTC going into the fork, but nice to see I got something "free" out of it....

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:22:15 PM

lol if you can not move your coins to sell it for real $$$ you can not judge coin performance.
Once Bcash will be free traded we can talk ho it is superrior.
Today you just cloned BTC - it doesn't talk ANYthing aboutthat coin at all only time will show how it works.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Ale88
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2544

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:40:42 PM

Is it possible to deposit Bitcoin Cash to Kraken or not yet?
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:19:45 AM

If you happen to use Exodus Wallet, they released an Update that makes it easy.  Exodus is apparently not going to support BitCoin Cash any time soon, but their latest release allows you export any BitCoins you held through the split to a BitCoin Cash wallet or Exchange.  Download the latest release, and the export feature is under "Help", at the bottom of the list of Help topics.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: