Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:31:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cayman Islands start up  (Read 1369 times)
mansour (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:02:13 PM

Hello all,

My name is Toufic Mansour and similar to most member, my background is in trading. My start was prop w/a Los Angeles outfit called Assent trading equity stocks primarily. Today, I primarily deal in physical bullion, trading w/several OTC centres (Dubai, Singapore etc...) from my place of residence in Grand Cayman.

With the recent news speeding things up; I am very interested in reach out to & speaking with top level programmers &/or business operators (e.g. Bitfloor, ICBIT etc...) re partnering for Cayman presence servicing non-US residents.

My first interest is in an exchange/trading platform (i.e. Mt Gox, RTBTC) for BTC trading....& soon after integrating (physical allocated) precious metals...for example (think BTC/Silver Eagles....or BTC/Gold Kilo Bars*...or BTC/British sovereign....you get the picture).

To emphasize though, the exchange/trading platform is only the start. Other ideas w/in the ecosystem are of great interest as well. For example, a platform to launch the first offshore digital trust for legal mediation/arbitration. A bitpay/bitinstant platform for the remittance market...apps/widgets that target (cruise ship) tourists and related businesses (dive shops, tour guides et al)  

Last night news have sped things up & is primary reason I decided to post today. The plan is to turn my house* into an incubator/hackathon for the right programmers with room & board covered (& other awesome amenities!).

Serious prospects only please. Relocation IS a real possibility.  

I look forward to hearing constructive input from you.

Many thanks in advance.

-TM

* Different bars trade at different premiums. Dubai vs. Turkish vs. LBMA vs. Comex bars etc....
* Incubator pic ==> http://instagram.com/p/Yp-5yqF9se/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lexsquire

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:09:07 PM

Do you travel to New York?
scab

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:46:48 PM

Cool this sounds like a good idea
mansour (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:29:58 PM

Do you travel to New York?

Not really. Thinking about a June/July trip. nothing set in stone currently.
olliec420

Activity: 198
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 03:14:28 PM

Mr Mansour,

Are you still interested in this?  I have been thinking about the same and planning trip to the islands in the next couple months.  Please let me know if you would like to meet and confer.  I am in FL so just a hop to cayman.
Coef

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Exhausted

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 04:52:06 PM

Mr Mansour,

Are you still interested in this?  I have been thinking about the same and planning trip to the islands in the next couple months.  Please let me know if you would like to meet and confer.  I am in FL so just a hop to cayman.

Extremely unlikely. The post was created in May 2013, and he has never logged in his account ever since August 2013.
IMHO, it is more reasonable for you to create a new thread to look for business partners than to wait for OP's response.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: