Bitcoin Forum
July 21, 2024, 08:03:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get Bitcoin Cash from many wallet/software/services with Coinomi  (Read 21592 times)
Flat.E

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:54:05 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2017, 12:57:29 PM by Flat.E

I have bitcoin in a core wallet.
Can I send my bitcoin to my new Trezor wallet.
Will this affect me claiming my bitcoin cash if they are moved.
I am not technical and I'm waiting for someone to help me get
my bitcoin cash but I want to move my original bitcoin to keep them safe.
Yes, you can and have to move your BTC out before you use a tool to claim BCH from your old address, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2062488.0

and
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059111.0
Flat.E

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:09:01 PM

Hi,

I'm following the steps for Multibit HD.
When I enter my 12 letters I get lots of private keys.

Do I have to scan each QC code? to find out which private keys hold my bitcoin cash??
I've only manage to find some so far :-(
That's the idea.....
Check your addresses for  BCH here, https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin%20cash/. To speed the search on the page where you find your priv. keys up a bit, load 200 addresses and do ctrl-F (browser find function) and search for the addresses that showed coin one by one.
Flat.E

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:02:14 PM

Thanks for the reply but i still need a little more guidance.

When you say Check your addresses for  BCH here, https://bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin%20cash/

i'm not sure i understand.  i put my "receive" wallet address into the site but just got a graph??
i get the ctrl +f bit but just need to find out what addresses have BHC in them??

The bip39.html is showing me thousands of private keys.  my arms gonna fall of if i've gotta scan each of these codes.

Please help!

You have to put in addresses that had BTC before the fork of August 1, I only get a graph with addresses that don't have or ever had BCH, like addresses made and used after the fork. If addresses have or had BCH, you will see lines with input and output dates for made transactions.

About the amount of addresses, that's why I said find those addresses, in your BTC wallets, that had BTC before the fork to narrow your search.

svirby

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:52:38 PM

Flat e do you know any bch wallet for iphone wich can import a private key from a paperwallet?

itsonlikedonkeykong

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:33:44 PM

Thank you!

Very helpful info. Folks, get yer BCH!
Flat.E

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:22:29 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 07:09:39 PM by Flat.E

Flat e do you know any bch wallet for iphone wich can import a private key from a paperwallet?
No, don't know a thing about ios, seems breadwallet is working on a bch wallet for ios. Coinomi, for android, does a good job sweeping paper wallets.
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 1208

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 12:15:05 AM

I've added a little update with on Bitcoin Wallet (Android)

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
svirby

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:27:22 AM

No, don't know a thing about ios, seems breadwallet is working on a bch wallet for ios. Coinomi, for windows, does a good job sweeping paper wallets.

On the coinomi website i can only find an android version. Where do i find the windows version?

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 10533

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:09:27 AM

No, don't know a thing about ios, seems breadwallet is working on a bch wallet for ios. Coinomi, for windows, does a good job sweeping paper wallets.

Currently, I am attempting to use the breadwallet for IOS.

I had bought a ledger nano s, and I was going to use that to split my coins from my blockchain.info wallet, after reseeding the blockchain.info wallet to the ledger nano s.

For some reason the ledger nano s only showed 11 addresses out of my 57 blockchain.info addresses, so after I wrote to blockchain.info and ledger support, I was NOT able to resolve the issue. Ledger support did not even respond to my message.  Thus, I decided to try the breadwallet based on having had read the above post.

So, initially after I installed the breadwallet (version 0.6.9 which was just released yesterday) onto my iphone and input the 12 blockchain.info seed words, it is taking a real long time to sync.  It has been more than an hour, and it has only synced 55%  I am afraid to touch the Iphone during this process.. So I will see in another hour, perhaps, whether it shows all of my blockchain.info bitcoin addresses and whether I can split the coins from the bread wallet. 

Apparently, the new feature in today's release of the breadwallet was some kind of ability to split or to send BCH (still in the process of confirming)

Further, at the same time, I thought that the long sync times of the breadwallet could be helping me to troubleshoot the issue with the ledger nano s.  Therefore, I decided to erase my ledger nano s, and to attempt to sync it again.  I had been thinking that I might have done something to cut off the ledger nano s in the middle of the synchronization process and that could have been the reason why it only showed 11 out of 57 of my bitcoin addresses... O.k... as I was typing this message the ledger nano s completed syncing (a second time), and it did not show me any additional bitcoin addresses on the second attempt.  Whoo hoo, 60% synced on the breadwallet, now.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Casabrandy

Activity: 837

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:04:45 AM

Sweep is not available on mobile app of electrum, I still download the portable version in windows in able to get the private key out from my wallet seed. But this thread is great, I'm having problem on what BCH wallet to used since there are many malicious wallet on the web, I never imagine that coinomi wallet will be helpful for claiming BCH. Thumbs up to OP.  Grin

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
svirby

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:29:41 AM

I had bought a ledger nano s, and I was going to use that to split my coins from my blockchain.info wallet, after reseeding the blockchain.info wallet to the ledger nano s.

For some reason the ledger nano s only showed 11 addresses out of my 57 blockchain.info addresses, so after I wrote to blockchain.info and ledger support, I was NOT able to resolve the issue. Ledger support did not even respond to my message.  Thus, I decided to try the breadwallet based on having had read the above post.

So, initially after I installed the breadwallet (version 0.6.9 which was just released yesterday) onto my iphone and input the 12 blockchain.info seed words, it is taking a real long time to sync.  It has been more than an hour, and it has only synced 55%  I am afraid to touch the Iphone during this process.. So I will see in another hour, perhaps, whether it shows all of my blockchain.info bitcoin addresses and whether I can split the coins from the bread wallet. 

Apparently, the new feature in today's release of the breadwallet was some kind of ability to split or to send BCH (still in the process of confirming)

Further, at the same time, I thought that the long sync times of the breadwallet could be helping me to troubleshoot the issue with the ledger nano s.  Therefore, I decided to erase my ledger nano s, and to attempt to sync it again.  I had been thinking that I might have done something to cut off the ledger nano s in the middle of the synchronization process and that could have been the reason why it only showed 11 out of 57 of my bitcoin addresses... O.k... as I was typing this message the ledger nano s completed syncing (a second time), and it did not show me any additional bitcoin addresses on the second attempt.  Whoo hoo, 60% synced on the breadwallet, now.

hmmm let me know if you succeed with breadwallet Smiley

Flat.E

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:10:20 PM

On the coinomi website i can only find an android version. Where do i find the windows version?
My bad, they are still working on it.... https://coinomi.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/29000009709-is-there-a-desktop-version-of-coinomi-
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:07:56 PM

hmmm let me know if you succeed with breadwallet Smiley

Seems as if I am fucked with each thing that I try in which I am trying to save myself from exporting private keys into any of these possible BCH wallets (I wasn't considering coinomi because I don't have an android)

The bread wallet seems cool as hell, but it did not show my 57 BTC addresses from my reseeded blockchain.info wallet.

It took the breadwallet about 5 hours to sync in total, so I thought that I was going to be in luck, and I was getting excited to see all my 57 blockchain.info wallet addresses... but didn't happen.

So I am thinking that my next option is to get the Trezor, since the blockchain.info support rep said that he had used the trezor to gain access to his blockchain coins. maybe I should follow up with blockchain.info again? 

I am just trying to avoid exporting my private keys into one of those BCH wallets (and I am not sure how to do that, either - when we talk about private keys, are we talking about the 12 recovery words that blockchain.info is using or is there another way?  Of course, I would want to transfer my BTC out of those addresses first), but I might have to consider that as a possibility, if these other options are not getting me anywhere.  I have some difficulties believing that one of the BCH wallets is going to recognize all 57 bitcoin addresses, if I cannot get some of these more established wallets to recognize  - call me a skeptic. 

Maybe I am making this too complicated in my quest for easy options?   Cry Cry

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Flat.E

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:21:12 PM

Electroncash worked perfect for me, the only wallet that found my "missing" address that the stand-alone priv. key retriever never produced, even if I loaded 1000 addresses. So move your btc elsewhere and:
In electroncash: file-new/restore, pick a name-next, standard wallet-next, "I already have a seed"-next, enter seed words- under option check bip39, next etc.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:00:45 AM

Electroncash worked perfect for me, the only wallet that found my "missing" address that the stand-alone priv. key retriever never produced, even if I loaded 1000 addresses. So move your btc elsewhere and:
In electroncash: file-new/restore, pick a name-next, standard wallet-next, "I already have a seed"-next, enter seed words- under option check bip39, next etc.

O.k.  Maybe I will try this.

Remember I have 57 address in total and 24 addresses that have bitcoins on them (actually 25 now), and I will move all of the BTC from each of the 25 addresses (possibly to my ledger nano s), then after I am completely comfortable that the ledger nano s is showing all the bitcoins (maybe 6-10 confirmations), then I will create the electron cash wallet and enter in my blockchain.info wallet 12 word seed into that BCH wallet, and see if the BCH show up on there. 

That might be the easiest and quickest solution to attempt to access these mysterious BCH, and likely safe (to see the BCH that should be present on 23 of those addresses - 23 of the addresses had bitcoin on them on august 1 at the time of the forkening). 

I am juggling a few things, and I will report back once I do this.. might take me a day or so (unless I change my mind in the chickening out process... hahahahaha).

Deansss

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:12:33 PM

Warning:
Some of those operation can put your private keys at risks.
It's better if you do them on a secure computer, that you are sure that there aren't any virus/trojan.
If you aren't sure about this, you should prepare a better machine where doing all of those things.

FIRST STEP THAT YOU MUST DO BEFORE DOING ANY OF THOSE THINGS
You have to transfer your Bitcoin on a new wallet, again a new wallet not on a new address of the same wallet.
This must be done because you are going to extract your private keys, and so putting them at risks.
So, by moving your bitcoin "before" exposing your private kets, the risks is less, maybe you are only going to lose Bitcoin Cash. (if there some virus/trojan on your computer)

1) Install Coinomi on your phone (it must be v1.7.2.3 or upper)
2) Add a Bitcoin Cash wallet on it
3) Go to balance, and click the upper right 3 dots.
4) Select "Sweep wallet"
5) Be ready to do it with qrcodes

- Multibit HD (you have to abandon this wallet, because it isn't anymore developed!)
1) Download and execute this: https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39/blob/master/bip39-standalone.html (Right click and Save as...)
2) On "Derivation Path" choose "BIP32"
3) On "Client" choose "Multibit HD"
4) On "BIP39 Mnemonic" space you have to insert the seed of your wallet, the 12 words.
5) You will get the list of your addresses and their private keys.
6) By going with the cursor on a private key, the page will show the qrcode. Sweep it with Coinomi

- Blockchain.info
1) Download and execute this: https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39/blob/master/bip39-standalone.html (Right click and Save as...)
2) On "BIP39 Mnemonic" space you have to insert the seed of your wallet, the 12 words.
3) You will get the list of your addresses and their private keys.
4) By going with the cursor on a private key, the page will show the qrcode. Sweep it with Coinomi

- Multibit Classic (you have to abandon this wallet, because it isn't anymore developed!)
1) Download this https://github.com/prof7bit/wallet-key-tool/releases/tag/v1.4.2 (you need Java installed)
2) Make a backup of your wallet by from Multibit Classic backup function (try with or without password)
3) Run wallet-key-tool, click on "load" and on "files of type" try both Multibit selection to open the backup file that you generated before.
4) You should have now the private keys.
5) You can try to use this tool on Windows to make a qrcode from the text private keys: https://sourceforge.net/projects/zint/
5) Sweep them with Coinomi

- Mycelium
2) On "BIP39 Mnemonic" space you have to insert the seed of your wallet, the 12 words.
4) By going with the cursor on a private key, the page will show the qrcode. Sweep it with Coinomi

- Breadwallet
2) In "Derivation Path" choose "BIP32"
4) On "BIP39 Mnemonic" space you have to insert the seed of your wallet, the 12 words.
6) By going with the cursor on a private key, the page will show the qrcode. Sweep it with Coinomi

- Bitcoin Core (or Bitcoin-qt, Classic, XT, Unlimited ecc ...)
1) Download this https://github.com/prof7bit/wallet-key-tool/releases/tag/v1.4.2 (you need Java installed)
2) Run wallet-key-tool, click on "load" and on "files of type" choose Bitcoin-Core wallet.dat
3) Open the wallet.dat that you have on your Bitcoin Core data folder.
4) It will probably ask your wallet password.
6) Sweep them with Coinomi

- Bitcoin Core 2 (or Bitcoin-qt, Classic, XT, Unlimited ecc ...)
1) Click on "help" menu, then "debug window", then the "console" tab
2) Write here: walletpassphrase [your wallet password] 600 (600 it is the time while the wallet will remain unlocked)
3) Write: dumpprivkey [address where you have bitcoin]
4) it will show your the private key
5) Sweep it with Coinomi
6) Write on the console: walletlock (it will lock again your wallet)

- Greenaddress / Greenbits / Altana
It isn't possible to get Bitcoin Cash from this wallet. You have to ask them to support it.

- Exodus
http://support.exodus.io/knowledge_base/topics/how-do-i-claim-bitcoin-cash

- Exodus 2
1) Follow those instruction to get the private keys: http://support.exodus.io/knowledge_base/topics/how-can-i-view-my-private-keys-1
2) You can try to use this tool on Windows to make a qrcode from the text private keys: https://sourceforge.net/projects/zint/
3) Sweep them with Coinomi

- Copay/Bitpay
4) Sweep them with Coinomi

- bitaddress.org / Paper wallet
1) Sweep them with Coinomi

- Jaxx
4) Sweep them with Coinomi
They said that they want to add support to Bitcoin Cash, so maybe you can also just wait.

- Electrum
1) Open the menu "View" and click on "Show Addresses"
2) Then open the new tab "Addresses"
3) Ritgh click on the addresses that had Bitcoin before the fork, then click "Private key".
4) Click on the qrcode icon to show it.
4) Cliccare sull'icona del qrcode per mostrarlo
5) Sweep them with Coinomi

- Airbitz
1) Open Airbitz and on the left menu choose Wallets
2) Click on the wallet that you want to expert (if you have more then one)
3) After you have selected it, click on the 3 dots on the upper right and choose "export"
4) The choose "Wallet Private Seed (advanced)"
5) Insert your password and then choose the way to get the seed, it will be a long alphanumeric string.
6) Download and unzip this: https://github.com/Airbitz/airbitz-wallet-recovery/archive/master.zip
7) Go in the subfolder "src" and open "index.html"
8 ) Write your seed on "Wallet master seed" and click "load seed".
9) You will find your bitcoin addresses that you have on Airbits, click on"show key", and the qrcode icon.
10) Sweep them with Coinomi

Their solution: https://medium.com/airbitz/how-do-i-get-my-bitcoin-cash-from-airbitz-e97982e3fc4c?source=linkShare-34de885e70b5-1501813257

- Counterparty / IndieSquare wallet
1) Go on https://wallet.counterwallet.io
2) Write your seed and login.
3) On your addresses, where you have bitcoin, click on the blue button [Address actions] on the right
4) Click then on "Show private keys"
5) You can try to use this tool on Windows to make a qrcode from the text private keys: https://sourceforge.net/projects/zint/

- Omniwallet
1) Connect on https://www.omniwallet.org and login
2) Go then on https://www.omniwallet.org/wallet/overview
3) Click on "Wallet options" -> "Backup"
4) Insert your password and then download the file with extension .json
5) Open it with a text editor. You will find the private keys next to "privkey"

- Ledger Nano S
1) Upgrade the chrome extension Ledger Manager to 1.0.3 or upper
2) Upgrade the chrome extension Ledger Wallet Bitcoin to 1.8.4 or upper
3) From the ledger Bitcoin wallet you can use the same seed by clicking on [Main], or by creating a new dedicated seed for Bitcoin Cash by clicking on [Split]

- Trezor
https://trezor.io/claim-bch

- Bitcoin Wallet (Android)
1) Download OpenSSL for your operation system
2) You have to make the make the backup of your wallet (on the android app), by choosing a password and then by moving the backup file on your computer.
3) Then put the backup file in the same folder where there is the executable of OpenSSL
4) Start the command line from the folder and execute this: openssl enc -d -aes-256-cbc -a -in backup_file > result.txt
5) Open result.txt. You will find much incomprehensible text, but at the beginning, there will be a list of 12 words. Save them somewhere. It is the seed.
6) Download and execute this: https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39/blob/master/bip39-standalone.html (Right click and Save as...)
7) On "BIP39 Mnemonic" space you have to insert the seed of your wallet, the 12 words.
8 ) In "Derivation Path" choose "BIP32"
9) On "Client" choose "Multibit HD"
10) You will get the list of your addresses and their private keys.
11) Sweep them with Coinomi

Update
- you can recover the seed from v3.47 or upper with https://github.com/gurnec/decrypt_bitcoinj_seed
- Some BCH could be on the private keys on son address with those settings on the bip39-standalone.html page
Client: Custom derivation path:
BIP32 Derivation Path: m/0'/1

- Simple Bitcoin Wallet
2) On "Derivation Path" choose "BIP32"

In the android version why not just add the 12 word passphrase to coinomi ?? And then select BCH
Deansss

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:53:44 PM

I'm using openssl win32. I type command then it asks for encryption password . Doesn't seem to enter any text after this. Hit enter and get bad decrypt :crypto\evp\evp_enc.c.:535:

I have sent my wallet backup through WiFi direct from phone to laptop .

Any ideas anyone
Edouard23

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:56:28 PM

ok i have solved my problem
it was a question of private key format
the private key extract from blockchain.info is a compressed key format
i have use bitaddress.org to convert in "standard" private key format
then import it in electroncash !
and its works ! i have claim my bcc ! Smiley
good luck !

Hello Guy !
I need some help ! )
I have a BTC adress with BTC inside BEFORE the fork
I have moved my BTC AFTER the fork to another adress
Now i try to claim my BCC from my original adress
I have test adress  to Blockdozer : they contain BCC
I have created a BCC wallet with Coinomi android app
but when i try to sweeped my adress with my private key , invariablely they say : no fund on this adress

I don t know what i need to try  !

Thanks to take time for me !

Edouard23

How many addresses' private keys have you tried, I found coins at several addresses down the row. And some addresses are never found even if I load 500 of them with the option below the addresses/priv.key lines.
jzone23

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:22:52 PM

Thank you for this tutorial. This would be very helpful I admit I still having a hardtime understanding this process.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
Flat.E

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:57:14 PM

ok i have solved my problem
it was a question of private key format
the private key extract from blockchain.info is a compressed key format
i have use bitaddress.org to convert in "standard" private key format
then import it in electroncash !
and its works ! i have claim my bcc ! Smiley
good luck !

Hello Guy !
I need some help ! )
I have a BTC adress with BTC inside BEFORE the fork
I have moved my BTC AFTER the fork to another adress
Now i try to claim my BCC from my original adress
I have test adress  to Blockdozer : they contain BCC
I have created a BCC wallet with Coinomi android app
but when i try to sweeped my adress with my private key , invariablely they say : no fund on this adress

I don t know what i need to try  !

Thanks to take time for me !

Edouard23

How many addresses' private keys have you tried, I found coins at several addresses down the row. And some addresses are never found even if I load 500 of them with the option below the addresses/priv.key lines.
Do not use sites like these, there's plenty warnings going on using that site, even offline pages doing this should be used with small amounts first, and maybe even only small mounts at all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: