Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:48:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get Bitcoin Cash from many wallet/software/services with Coinomi  (Read 21573 times)
manikato

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:16:46 AM

I am using Electrum wallet with 2FA. i tried to sweep the private key with Coinomi and come up with nothing. the address starts with 3xxxxxxxxxx. is this the reason that Coinomi doesn't work? anyone has the same problem. please someone can advise.

I get the BCC from Blockchain.info using BTC.com BCC wallet, people from blockchain.info can use the to claim BCC and dont need to find their private key.
Bad news is only support blockchain.info or mycelium.
"https://blog.btc.com/how-to-recover-your-trapped-bitcoin-cash-from-other-wallets-24b929543f26"

Probably has to do with the 2FA, you can use the windows program electroncash, 2FA method here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2100925.msg21023206#msg21023206

http://www.electroncash.org

Thanks mate, i did that yesterday and works. BCC sent to Bittrex without problem

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Flat.E

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:55:27 PM

Trying the MultiBit Classic
Able to find and extract my Private Key.
Tried to sweep into Coinomi BCH account.  It accepts the Private Key but nothing happens.  No coins received.  Waited hours.  
I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  No good.

Since, I used the Private Key to transfer all the bitcoin to a different wallet without a problem.  Tried again to sweep the BCH with Coinomi, nothing.

Not sure what to do.

You used the method as seen on page 1, got the key with the tool from the backup file, right?

About the last step for bitcoin core wallet:
"Sweep them with Coinomi"
Should I try each private key? I have like 94 of them.
I installed bitcoinabc (windows) after moving all my BTC out of bitcoincore and picked the same folder to install in as core is, actually the installer did but I agreed, and it showed all my BCH right away. Same password accepted as core used.

https://www.bitcoinabc.org/
Alpha12

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:17:35 AM

Trying the MultiBit Classic
Able to find and extract my Private Key.
Tried to sweep into Coinomi BCH account.  It accepts the Private Key but nothing happens.  No coins received.  Waited hours.  
I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  No good.

Since, I used the Private Key to transfer all the bitcoin to a different wallet without a problem.  Tried again to sweep the BCH with Coinomi, nothing.

Not sure what to do.

You used the method as seen on page 1, got the key with the tool from the backup file, right?

About the last step for bitcoin core wallet:
"Sweep them with Coinomi"
Should I try each private key? I have like 94 of them.
I installed bitcoinabc (windows) after moving all my BTC out of bitcoincore and picked the same folder to install in as core is, actually the installer did but I agreed, and it showed all my BCH right away. Same password accepted as core used.

https://www.bitcoinabc.org/

Yes, I use the method as seen on page 1, got the key with the tool.  I was able to use that exact key to swee my bitcoin out of that wallet.
ozboom

Activity: 131
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:42:19 AM

I found the 20+ addresses of my BTC account on blockchain.info, checked the balances on http://blockdozer.com, then followed HostFat's procedure to find the corresponding private keys and sweep them one-by-one into Coinomi, but my BCC balance didn't budge and remained at zero the next day. I couldn't figure out what went wrong...

I then found the following detailed instructions to directly enter the blockchain.info recovery passphrase (12 words) into coinomi - just one step, no address searching & sweeping. And it worked great Cheesy
http://www.coinpurveyor.com/how-to/how-to-claim-bitcoin-cash-from-blockchain-wallet/

Note: I first emptied my blockchain.info account and, when entering the 12 word passphrase and the coinomi password, put my Android phone in airplane mode to cut off all connections, just as an extra precaution.

Thanks again to HostFat for his great work  Wink
repomies2000

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:10:04 PM

I have a Mycellium wallet that has two "HD accounts" behind one 12 word passphrase (BIP39 Mnemonic).
I used bip39-standalone, but when I went through the private keys I found only BCH of the first account. 
The question is how do I get BCH from the account number two?
Are those supposed to be in that same list of private keys or is there some other way to find them?

sir_lanka

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 10:49:56 AM

Hey. I had BTC in blockchain.info when the fork occurred. I had a small amount in my wallet and the larger amount in an imported address.

By using Coinomi I was able to get the smaller amount of BCH.

I have also used a service to receive my non compressed key connected to the imported address. When I use this key to "sweep wallet" in Coinomi I'm sent to a white page, then sent back to my wallet with small amount. (as compared with when I try the wrong key it says the address doesn't have any coins.) I have successfully used the same key to connect the address to Mycelium.

The imported address was also used to send BTC on Aug 8 and receive on Aug 10 if that matters.

What to do next? Thanks.
gango21

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 02:53:16 PM

- bitaddress.org / Paper wallet
1) Sweep them with Coinomi

Anyone tried this ?
I swept my private key from my paper wallet but it shows 0.00 BCH. I verified the public key on the blockchain and the adress is not empty.
Is there something I'm missing ?
faitaccompli

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 07:18:29 PM

Hey. I had BTC in blockchain.info when the fork occurred. I had a small amount in my wallet and the larger amount in an imported address.

I have also used a service to receive my non compressed key connected to the imported address. When I use this key to "sweep wallet" in Coinomi I'm sent to a white page, then sent back to my wallet with small amount. (as compared with when I try the wrong key it says the address doesn't have any coins.) I have successfully used the same key to connect the address to Mycelium.

The imported address was also used to send BTC on Aug 8 and receive on Aug 10 if that matters.

What to do next? Thanks.

I'm wondering the same. I've successfully claimed all my bitcoin cash that I had in my blockchain.info wallet EXCEPT for the ones that were on an imported address. Had the same issue where Coinomi would sweep the private key but no BCC would appear in the wallet. I'm wondering if there's some issue with imported addresses. I know that the imported addresses in my b.info wallet aren't backed up with the recovery phrase so any bcc wallet that needs the seed won't work.

sexy susie

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 07:53:48 PM

I thought Coinomi was a very trusted piece of software. Why send the BTC to another address before using Coinomi if Coinomi is trustworthy? I don't understand why you would allow an application to see your private key for BCH yet not for BTC. I know Bitcoin is worth a lot more, but there is tremendous incentive to steal BCH as well.
faitaccompli

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 08:56:35 PM

I thought Coinomi was a very trusted piece of software. Why send the BTC to another address before using Coinomi if Coinomi is trustworthy? I don't understand why you would allow an application to see your private key for BCH yet not for BTC. I know Bitcoin is worth a lot more, but there is tremendous incentive to steal BCH as well.

Are they trustworthy? I guess. But everyone is trustworthy until they aren't. Right?

Not sure why you wouldn't send the BTC to another address though. It's just an extra precaution that doesn't really cost you anything (well except for the transaction fee of course). Why take an unnecessary risk?

Also, you ARE letting the application see your private key for BTC because the BCC and the BTC share the same address. That is why you're moving your BTC in the first place.

sir_lanka

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 09:10:23 PM

What to do next? Thanks.

I'm wondering the same. I've successfully claimed all my bitcoin cash that I had in my blockchain.info wallet EXCEPT for the ones that were on an imported address. Had the same issue where Coinomi would sweep the private key but no BCC would appear in the wallet. I'm wondering if there's some issue with imported addresses. I know that the imported addresses in my b.info wallet aren't backed up with the recovery phrase so any bcc wallet that needs the seed won't work.
I guess we just can wait unless you need it fast https://news.bitcoin.com/blockchain-info-to-support-bitcoin-cash/
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:36:29 AM

I like your guide. It looks like everything comes from github so I assume that it's all open-sourced but I just want to tell people that they should be careful before they download and run any software, not this specific software, but anything that you download especially when it has to do with your finances. I am not saying anything against the Opie, or the developers that are listed here just that you need to be careful because someone could slip a lake in there and next thing you know your private keys are being sent off to them.
sexy susie

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:28:25 AM

Are they trustworthy? I guess. But everyone is trustworthy until they aren't. Right?

Not sure why you wouldn't send the BTC to another address though. It's just an extra precaution that doesn't really cost you anything (well except for the transaction fee of course). Why take an unnecessary risk?

Also, you ARE letting the application see your private key for BTC because the BCC and the BTC share the same address. That is why you're moving your BTC in the first place.

I was thinking more about for long term use where someone would allow access to BCH but wanted to have BTC in a different place. They would be trusting for BCH but not BTC. I know malware already on the computer was another concern.
sexy susie

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 09:16:41 AM

I am having some problems with Electrum. I got the qrcode thru desktop and transferred it to an Android device, but I can't figure out how to scan the code. I tried typing the private key due to the problems I'm having with qrcode, but it didn't get me any coins.
JelksC

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 11:06:29 PM

This is about Electrum/PC and Coinomi/Android.  I see several others here have had exactly the same problem, but I have not seen any resolution posted.

3 days ago I opened this as a support ticket with Coinomi -- no answer or reply so far:

Hello, I sent all my BTC from my Electrum wallet to Coinomi *after* the fork.  Then I tried "Sweep wallet" into my (empty) BCH Coinomi wallet using the private key of one of the old Electrum BTC wallet addresses. 

Coinomi says, "This private key does not contain any funds".  Yes, I know it doesn't contain funds any more -- I had sent those funds to my Coinomi wallet!

You can see the transaction where I sent my BTC from Electrum to Coinomi here: https://blockchain.info/tx/e4b5ab39e541b96b5db238e521faae913f098f1de260e09e3645f1ada628b452

I still have the private keys of each of those 8 pre-fork fund-containing addresses.  I know Coinomi sees there are no funds in them *now*, but is there a way to let Coinomi see that I had them *then* so the Bitcoin Cash will show up?

Did I lose all my Bitcoin Cash from my pre-fork BTC by doing "Sweep wallet" *after* I had sent the BTC to Coinomi (thus emptying my Electrum wallet)?  Is that BCH unavailable to me now forever?

I now realize I should have done the BCH "sweep wallet" with those private keys while the BTC funds were still in the Electrum wallet -- THEN I could have moved all my BTC to Coinomi.  But the damage has been done.  Does anyone reading this thread have any clue as to how I can get a hold of my Bitcoin Cash, or is it gone -- somewhere out there in limbo -- forever?
sexy susie

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:31:03 AM

This is about Electrum/PC and Coinomi/Android.  I see several others here have had exactly the same problem, but I have not seen any resolution posted.

3 days ago I opened this as a support ticket with Coinomi -- no answer or reply so far:

Hello, I sent all my BTC from my Electrum wallet to Coinomi *after* the fork.  Then I tried "Sweep wallet" into my (empty) BCH Coinomi wallet using the private key of one of the old Electrum BTC wallet addresses. 

Coinomi says, "This private key does not contain any funds".  Yes, I know it doesn't contain funds any more -- I had sent those funds to my Coinomi wallet!

You can see the transaction where I sent my BTC from Electrum to Coinomi here: https://blockchain.info/tx/e4b5ab39e541b96b5db238e521faae913f098f1de260e09e3645f1ada628b452

I still have the private keys of each of those 8 pre-fork fund-containing addresses.  I know Coinomi sees there are no funds in them *now*, but is there a way to let Coinomi see that I had them *then* so the Bitcoin Cash will show up?

Did I lose all my Bitcoin Cash from my pre-fork BTC by doing "Sweep wallet" *after* I had sent the BTC to Coinomi (thus emptying my Electrum wallet)?  Is that BCH unavailable to me now forever?

I now realize I should have done the BCH "sweep wallet" with those private keys while the BTC funds were still in the Electrum wallet -- THEN I could have moved all my BTC to Coinomi.  But the damage has been done.  Does anyone reading this thread have any clue as to how I can get a hold of my Bitcoin Cash, or is it gone -- somewhere out there in limbo -- forever?

I think you did the right thing. There are other options for BCH besides Coinomi, and transferring BTC after the fork doesn't affect BCH
sexy susie

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:17:37 AM

Did you use qrcode like the first poster recommended? Coinomi says you can type a private key, but copying and pasting the letters didn't work for me.

AirlieBeachBoy

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:41:45 AM

Coinomi seems to be having problems at the moment. I did a series of transfers a few days ago, transferring BCH from blockchain.info imported addresses to Coinomi, and from Coinomi to another wallet. It worked perfectly and quickly at that time.

Today I tried to claim the rest of the BCH using exactly the same method and immediately Coinomi started showing some really buggy behaviour:
After I scanned the private key QR code of an imported address with Coinomi, I got a white screen, then the Coinomi app went back to the 'balance' page, where it shows 0 balance.

Im checking Blockchair.com and I can see that the BCH balance in the address I was transferring from hasnt changed. The BCH are still there (at this stage... im keeping a close eye on that).

But Coinomi just seems to be not working.

The process Im using is as follows:

-login to Blockchain.info wallet > settings > addresses
-Under 'imported addresses' click on the more options at right > view private key.
-Scan the private key QR code with Coinomi.

Previously this worked flawlessly. The BCH would show up in Coinomi quickly and from there I could transfer it elsewhere.

Now Coinomi craps out when I scan a QR code of an imported address that I know has BCH funds in it.
If I scan an empty address, I get a message saying address contains 0 balance.. So that works as it should. It just seems to shit itself if it scans a wallet that has funds?
AirlieBeachBoy

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:50:52 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 02:19:23 AM by AirlieBeachBoy

I guess we just can wait unless you need it fast https://news.bitcoin.com/blockchain-info-to-support-bitcoin-cash/

I just read this! Could have just left the BCH where it was. The only reason I started messing around with Coinomi etc was because blockchain.info said they didnt plan to support BCH!  Roll Eyes

Edit
Actually. The blog post says:

"Users with balances of bitcoin in their Blockchain Wallet on August 1st will be able to access an equal balance, as of August 1st, of bitcoin cash."

It doesnt say if they will make it possible to claim BCH from imported addresses that held BTC on Aug 1st
JelksC

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:53:03 AM

I think you did the right thing. There are other options for BCH besides Coinomi, and transferring BTC after the fork doesn't affect BCH

and then ...

Did you use qrcode like the first poster recommended? Coinomi says you can type a private key, but copying and pasting the letters didn't work for me.

No, I hadn't even seen this thread before I did what I did!  What I had read elsewhere was to transfer my BTC to Coinomi, then *uninstall* Electrum, and then as an added precaution to even delete the %APPDATA%\Electrum folder.  (Of course, I still have a backup of my old Electrum wallet file, plus its BTC addresses and private keys.)  So I didn't have Electrum any more to show its QR codes.  Would snapping a QR code somehow present a different private key to Coinomi than copying and pasting it???

The advice of moving one's BTC to Coinomi *before* trying to "sweep wallet" into BCH from the old addresses -- based on the fear of some malware on one's PC (I'm anti-virused up!) or the fear that Coinomi itself might do something malicious -- seems so far to me to be ill-advised.

When Coinomi says "This private key does not contain any funds", it's telling the truth -- of course there are no funds in it, I had just moved them!

I should have swept the wallet for all my Electrum BTC addresses containing Bitcoin *first*, *then* moved my funds, and then uninstalled Electrum, whatever.

What's obvious from this thread is that Electrum as the BTC "source wallet" is not the only issue, there seem to be multiple "source wallet" problems.  I'd venture that Coinomi being the only "destination wallet" problem is not exactly correct either...

There must be a way to get one's Bitcoin Cash from pre-fork Bitcoin addresses whose funds had been moved *after* the fork!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: