Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:26:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the purpose of FBI seizure of BTC-e?  (Read 670 times)
cybersofts (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:28:23 AM

I was curious about why FBI seized BTC-e. What is the reason behind the seizure of BTC-e by FBI?

I want to invest some serious money in to BTC & ETH and I don't want to lose my hard earned money to some funks called FBI.

Is American Government and FBI against the use of bitcoins and cryptocurrency or what Huh
flekkelek

Activity: 644
Merit: 274

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:31:11 AM

I was curious about why FBI seized BTC-e. What is the reason behind the seizure of BTC-e by FBI?

I want to invest some serious money in to BTC & ETH and I don't want to lose my hard earned money to some funks called FBI.

Is American Government and FBI against the use of bitcoins and cryptocurrency or what Huh
They against money laundring not bitcoin, i guess.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:48:58 AM

they have arrested someone who has been involved in multiple crimes including money laundering. they say that someone is also involved with btc-e as in being the owner of it.
we don't have much information but that is why they've also seized btc-e
btc-e made an statement (hard to understand in Russian!) but is sounds like that someone had little to do with btc-e
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2056158.0

i fail to understand the relationship. i believe there weren't even any ETH market on btc-e!

LOL

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1349

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:55:19 AM

IMO they're stealing to finance their operations. You know all these black cars, suits, smoke grenades, and flashbangs they love to throw around needlessly. Somebody has to pay for it and the budget is not really cutting it. You could see the real purpose behind this when they auctioned off silk road money. They are just a big money laundering service. Seizing all that dirty crime $$$ and making it fine and clean, ready to go back into circulation. Tongue

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:39:52 AM

The main reason is because btc-e was trying to clean the MtGOX stolen bitcoins. They are accused for $4 BILLIONS money-laundering.
And reserve blockchain analyze shown that most of hacked coins ended in BTC-E.

They will not open anytime soon...

cybersofts (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:05:17 PM

The main reason is because btc-e was trying to clean the MtGOX stolen bitcoins. They are accused for $4 BILLIONS money-laundering.
And reserve blockchain analyze shown that most of hacked coins ended in BTC-E.

They will not open anytime soon...

Ok, nice! Smiley Now I get the clear image of what happened between the FBI & BTC-e.

I thought U.S government has started another fight with bitcoin industry in-general like what happened with Silk Road & Wikileaks.

Yesterday, I got scared because some guys here were posting about "POLONIEX SEIZURE" by U.S Government and I asked myself why?

That's why I asked the question here, and thank you for the answer. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: