Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:47:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gutted I only found out about Bitcoins now!  (Read 1047 times)
VII (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:20:30 PM

Hello I've been glued to my laptop for the past week reading anything and everything about Bitcoins, I absolutely wish I knew about them 1-2 years ago! They would have been so useful as I was previously trading virtual goods through PayPal and Western Union with horrible transaction fees!  Angry

But now the time has come, Bitcoin has a place in my heart, and I am looking forward to going on a journey with Bitcoin seeing where it can take me, and all the opportunities it will bring!

Wooooooo, and nice to meet all of you. Smiley

1 post down... 4 to go...
bito

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:27:15 PM

Welcome and congratulations on your first post!

I too wish I'd heard about bitcoin much earlier, I've been "in" for the last 6 weeks. It's been completely enthralling. The highs and lows, the good and bad, the mistakes made and lessons learnt.

I will give you a tip - try not to do market orders for normal trading, unless you're jumping on the bandwagon of either a massive sell off or buy in.
scab

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:31:57 PM

Hello I've been glued to my laptop for the past week reading anything and everything about Bitcoins, I absolutely wish I knew about them 1-2 years ago! They would have been so useful as I was previously trading virtual goods through PayPal and Western Union with horrible transaction fees!  Angry

But now the time has come, Bitcoin has a place in my heart, and I am looking forward to going on a journey with Bitcoin seeing where it can take me, and all the opportunities it will bring!

Wooooooo, and nice to meet all of you. Smiley

1 post down... 4 to go...
. Welcome to bitcoin my friend!
Chrithu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:51:37 PM

Welcome.

And rest asured you're not alone with that feeling. But according to the optimists there's still much more to come so we're still early to hop on now.

Minkink

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:56:11 PM

I am more gutted that I need to post in this subforum.

Anyways hello fellow newbies.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:37:07 PM

Welcome.

I too an a bit gutted that I hadn't heard of Bitcoin 2-3 years ago. I have lots of computers lying around here and just when Satoshi came out with Bitcoin I got the sack at my crummy tech help job and I got sick of computers as a result. Would have been fun to renew my interest in my hobby at that time.
hashkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:44:51 PM

IMO, Bitcoin is still not that viable for money remittance due to the ups and downs on exchanges. If you want to try it, be sure you buy and sell your bitcoins within the day, and that you have a sure buyer and seller already.

[WTS] 📞 Voice Call & 📩 SMS PV Services 📲 [non-US] ⏱️ Fast Service ✔️️✔️️✔️️ |
"Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you." ~ Puppet Master
TLS freedom

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:47:15 PM

Yeah a lot of us who where mining 2 years ago but gave up because we were not profiting much feel worse!!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:47:26 PM

Welcome fellow peers!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
keelba

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:18:13 PM

I'm gutted by the fact that I did initially hear about it 3 years ago but the way it was explained didn't appeal to me. It was something like, "Bitcoin is a new way of making micro-transactions (sub-pennies) across the Internet. For example, you could donate fractions of pennies to a blogger." -MEH

It wasn't until I heard about mining back in February of 2013 that I got interested. By then, it was too late in the game to get into mining but just in time to start learning about Bitcoin. I've been hooked ever since. If only I had heard about mining 3 years ago I could be a multi-millionaire today.
VII (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:36:01 PM

Yeah a lot of us who where mining 2 years ago but gave up because we were not profiting much feel worse!!

Omg, I could only imagine!
zkoynz

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 06:56:43 PM

get yo newbie on!!
BitcoinBoss

Activity: 404

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 06:59:39 PM

welcome to the forum Smiley

FREE BITCOIN ! ---> FreeBitco.in (Faucet + Multiplier) <--- FREE BITCOIN !
zippy_doo

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:00:00 PM

congrats - welcome to the world of coinage
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:00:22 PM

I'm gutted by the fact that I did initially hear about it 3 years ago but the way it was explained didn't appeal to me. It was something like, "Bitcoin is a new way of making micro-transactions (sub-pennies) across the Internet. For example, you could donate fractions of pennies to a blogger." -MEH

It wasn't until I heard about mining back in February of 2013 that I got interested. By then, it was too late in the game to get into mining but just in time to start learning about Bitcoin. I've been hooked ever since. If only I had heard about mining 3 years ago I could be a multi-millionaire today.

I have the same feeling.

Heard about it a year ago, even if I got in back then I would have had a lot more BTC.

I still hope it isn't too late for buying or investing in them.
zeeshanblc

Activity: 390

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:02:04 PM

Is still not too late. If I were you I will support new currency that has great potential like PowerCoin. Yes they are clone, but it has more advance features than bitcoin. Faster, 30 seconds confirmation, Asic mining protection, Secure code and many more.
NoStr0m0

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:10:39 PM

I first came across the word 'bitcoin' 3 weeks ago on a meme site of all places. It sounded interesting so I checked what it was all about. I've kind of been drawn into the crypto-universe since but damn! After reading through bitcoin's history and 2$ per BTC to 270-something $ per BTC and now with everybody saying ASICs are on our doorstep, I feel like I've been missing out on a lot of profitssss.
Still started mining, though as I'm optimistic and somewhat naive.
Good luck to us all and short blocks!
jruskin555

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:55:55 PM

I bought a 5850 in late 2010 but haven't found out about bitcoin and mining until almost two years later. Totally missed out on that.
ogee

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:23:09 PM

I found bitcoin when it started and thought about buying a 100dollars worth when they only cost cents per coin... I REGRET NOT BUYING IT  ...

Dang...Cheesy
scab

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:52:03 PM

Welcome my friend!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: