Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:46:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Make sure you pay your taxes to the government that spies on you!  (Read 5529 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 07:09:35 PM

You say that my beliefs are a danger to you making me a murderer and robber.
Do you deny that?

The interesting thing is that given the chance to step back from the death threats, you wriggle around looking for a way to change the subject.  Do you think no-one will notice?
Answer the question. Do you deny that your beliefs support and uphold the murderers and robbers, making you a danger to me?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Severian (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:10:19 PM

I believe in democracy, a strong state with separation of powers and that if you live in such a state, you can be compelled to pay taxes. 

So if I happen to believe that the government I live under isn't legit and refuse to pay taxes, are you saying that said government has the legitimate power to use violence on me in lieu of being paid?

Is that democracy?

Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:11:36 PM

Do you deny that?

The interesting thing is that given the chance to step back from the death threats, you wriggle around looking for a way to change the subject.  Do you think no-one will notice?
Answer the question. Do you deny that your beliefs support and uphold the murderers and robbers, making you a danger to me?

You don't have the right to act as judge, jury and executioner.  Whether or not I deny your beliefs does not give you the right to kill me.

Again, look at yourself.  You are making death threats because your argument doesn't persuade.  Its disgusting.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:13:16 PM

I believe in democracy, a strong state with separation of powers and that if you live in such a state, you can be compelled to pay taxes.  

So if I happen to believe that the government I live under isn't legit and refuse to pay taxes, are you saying that said government has the legitimate power to use violence on me in lieu of being paid?

Is that democracy?

If it is a democracy, then it does have the right to collect taxes and that means the right to use violence as a last resort.  
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 07:14:40 PM

Do you deny that?

You don't have the right to act as judge, jury and executioner.  Whether or not I deny your beliefs does not give you the right to kill me.

Again, look at yourself.  You are making death threats because your argument doesn't persuade.  Its disgusting.
The interesting thing is that when given the chance to own up to your actions, and change the evil of your ways, you wriggle around looking for a way to change the subject.  Do you think no-one will notice?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Severian (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:15:05 PM

Do you deny that your beliefs support and uphold the murderers and robbers, making you a danger to me?

Myrkul, I have great respect for your opinions but have to agree with hawker here. I can see where your argument is tending and to be honest, it'll take you down the Trotsky Road if you get my drift. Wink
Severian (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:16:07 PM

If it is a democracy, then it does have the right to collect taxes and that means the right to use violence as a last resort.  

Then its not a government of consent. Non-consent in government is tyranny.

If you believe in tyranny, just say so. Smiley
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:18:47 PM

Do you deny that?

The interesting thing is that when given the chance to own up to your actions, and change the evil of your ways, you wriggle around looking for a way to change the subject.  Do you think no-one will notice?

I live in an area where if the state failed, we would be subject to sharia law, I would be forced to pay special taxes for not being a muslim and could end up being killed.  So your "no state" argument would be a threat to my life and property if it came to pass.

Does that make you a danger to me?  Yes - anyone who spreads a dangerous idea like allowing local communities to take law into their own hands is a threat to people like me.

Does that entitle me to kill you?  No it doesn't.

And that is where we are different.  I can accept that you disagree - you have to go one step further and add death threats.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:20:02 PM

Then its not a government of consent. Non-consent in government is tyranny.

If you believe in tyranny, just say so. Smiley

Non-consent in government is not tyranny.  If it was, then every drunk who feels entitled to piss in public is subject to tyranny.
Severian (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:21:07 PM

I live in an area where if the state failed, we would be subject to sharia law, I would be forced to pay special taxes for not being a muslim and could end up being killed.

How is that any different from what you advocate - pay taxes or face imprisonment and possible death?
Severian (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:22:00 PM

Non-consent in government is not tyranny. 

We had a little argument about that on this side of the pond in the late 18th century. Maybe you remember it? Wink
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 07:22:43 PM

Do you deny that your beliefs support and uphold the murderers and robbers, making you a danger to me?

Myrkul, I have great respect for your opinions but have to agree with hawker here. I can see where your argument is tending and to be honest, it'll take you down the Trotsky Road if you get my drift. Wink
Anyone who knowingly supports tyranny is a sociopath. The kindest thing I can and should do is refuse to associate with them. As I stated before, if they choose to make an issue of it, I'll defend myself.

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:24:06 PM

I live in an area where if the state failed, we would be subject to sharia law, I would be forced to pay special taxes for not being a muslim and could end up being killed.

How is that any different from what you advocate - pay taxes or face imprisonment and possible death?

I do not advocate that myrkul be killed for disagreeing with me.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:26:06 PM

Non-consent in government is not tyranny. 

We had a little argument about that on this side of the pond in the late 18th century. Maybe you remember it? Wink

You had a taxation without representation argument.  You then went on to use your military to crush the Whiskey rebellion which was a tax dispute.  I'm sure you remember that part :-)
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:27:38 PM

Anyone who knowingly supports tyranny is a sociopath. The kindest thing I can and should do is refuse to associate with them. As I stated before, if they choose to make an issue of it, I'll defend myself.

You threaten to kill those you disagree with and then call them sociopaths? 
Severian (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:29:03 PM

Anyone who knowingly supports tyranny is a sociopath. The kindest thing I can and should do is refuse to associate with them.

That's the point I've reached. Our culture breeds those lovely flavors of narcissism and sociopathy that it makes it more and more difficult to avoid them. There are even family members I no longer speak to because of their incredibly fucked up political beliefs that have compelled them to threaten me with violence because of what I believe.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 07:30:40 PM

Well, it's good to see that you've finally come around and agreed that payment for government services should be voluntary. In that case, I think we can end this conversation, now. You're no longer threatening me.

Severian (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:31:01 PM

This part of the conversation isn't about myrkul.

I asked you what makes the dhimmi tax different from you advocate? They both look the same to me - "pay up or we're gonna work you over."
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:32:42 PM

Well, it's good to see that you've finally come around and agreed that payment for government services should be voluntary. I think we can end this conversation, now. You're no longer threatening me.

I never have threatened you.  And I have never said that payment for government services should be voluntary.  If you owe tax, you have to pay it.  
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:35:19 PM

This part of the conversation isn't about myrkul.

I asked you what makes the dhimmi tax different from you advocate? They both look the same to me - "pay up or we're gonna work you over."

Oh I agree.  There is no such thing as a society without violence so the best we can do is have an institution that has a monopoly on violence and then have the servants of that institution tied up in rules that limit their scope for violence.  That institution is the democratic state.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: