Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:10:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will we ever get rid of those people who...  (Read 207 times)
barkinos98 (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:08:59 PM

who actively support bitcoin as a day to day currency today (3rd Aug 2017)?

I mean, I see why and how people would do that but is there anyone actually using BTC to buy daily items like coffee or groceries, basically using it as normal currency and not a investment tool?

I know this is a very unpopular option as BTC came out with hopes of "anonimty" and shit but wouldn't it be better for everyone (in terms of value at least) if we all saw BTC as a commodity almost and stopped using it day to day? I'm obviously excluding the paralegal usage such as gambling and contraband purchases.

Whether its people who shill against BCH because they missed out and are happy to see it "flop" or those who still support the idea of buying a cup of coffee, with a set value, with a very volatile "currency", wouldn't it be better for everyone if we all just saw it as an investment tool and try to capitalize on it?

time flies when you invest well
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:24:07 PM

BTC is not intended for very time sensitive transactions like your coffee with its 10 minute blocktimes - regardless of fees. Same goes for BCH.

And regardless of the blocksize, if enough people and services use the network, a fee market is unavoidable so microtransactions will get expensive.

And that's perfectly fine, there are hundreds of altcoins for your coffee.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: