Bitcoin Forum
October 18, 2024, 10:06:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spreadcoin most profitable coin to mine with Nvidia Pascal Cards  (Read 4062 times)
hughson (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:56:16 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2017, 12:47:06 AM by hughson

Spreadcoin is not only one of the most profitable coins to mine(with Pascal Cards) at the moment, it could get a bump in price this month when more people find out about the snapshot/fork which will give you free Helium coins. Similar to Bitcoin Cash.

1080 ti gives you close to 6 bucks a day
https://bitmakler.net/SpreadCoin___mining

https://steemit.com/bitcoincash/@thomas.hughson/you-got-your-free-bitcoin-cash-here-s-how-another-upcoming-snapshot-of-spreadcoin-will-get-you-more-free-coins
johny78

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:55:36 PM

is there any good free spreadcoin miner?
hughson (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

is there any good free spreadcoin miner?

for Nvidia
https://github.com/tsiv/spreadminer

but Revenue is lower (4$/day/per 1080 ti)

but Spreadcoins Price should rise in anticipation of the fork and people chasing free helium coins.
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:50:26 PM

I'd caution against speculation of a LARGE price bump from helium.  They pushed the snapshot date out very last minute, and on aug 1st (original date) it hadn't accumulated more than 20% in the preceding days.  That said with everyone's spec BTC freed up now after the fork i expect to see bigger swings across the board for a while.
hughson (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:58:48 PM

I'd caution against speculation of a LARGE price bump from helium.  They pushed the snapshot date out very last minute, and on aug 1st (original date) it hadn't accumulated more than 20% in the preceding days.  That said with everyone's spec BTC freed up now after the fork i expect to see bigger swings across the board for a while.

I'll reply just once...(want to keep this thread mainly about mining SPR for now and not speculation. (Sorry I know I started it))

The snapshot push back was announced last week. Most likely due to the sudden new developement Bitcoin Cash.
Last week I think a lot of traders who were counting on SPR/HLM got the news the snapshot got delayed and move out to get free Bitcoin Cash. Before the news of Bitcoin SPR was outperforming market in general and in my guess it was because of the free Helium up for graps.
Xeonus

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:40:33 PM

After reading your post I though to give this a go on my Ubuntu rig (16.04 LTS) but ran into multiple issues.

The wallet on the official site seems out of date and does not sync with the blockchain.
Any attempt on building the latest github build fails as I cannot obtain some dependencies for the QT5 compilation.
Anybody more lucky in setting up the Ubuntu wallet?
hughson (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:45:48 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2017, 12:47:38 AM by hughson

After reading your post I though to give this a go on my Ubuntu rig (16.04 LTS) but ran into multiple issues.

The wallet on the official site seems out of date and does not sync with the blockchain.
Any attempt on building the latest github build fails as I cannot obtain some dependencies for the QT5 compilation.
Anybody more lucky in setting up the Ubuntu wallet?

I'm on windows here.

Hopefully someone will be able to answer you.
Xeonus

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:50:30 PM

Thanks, if I don't manage to compile or sync on Ubuntu I will set up a wallet on Windows and mine on Ubuntu Wink. Thanks for the heads-up on Helium  Grin
hughson (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:07:09 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 09:19:48 PM by hughson

Thanks, if I don't manage to compile or sync on Ubuntu I will set up a wallet on Windows and mine on Ubuntu Wink. Thanks for the heads-up on Helium  Grin

The sync could take 16 hours. I'm thinking of uploading the current blockchain to my mega account to save others some time.
Meteorite777

Activity: 68
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:45:47 AM

This uses the X11 algorithm which means GPU's will be competing against ASIC miners, correct?
hughson (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:02:26 AM

(to the best of my knowledge:)

Spreadcoin has its own Algo. I don't think there are any ASIC miners for Spreadcoin. otherwise my Nvidia PASCAL GPUs wouldn't be able to compete.

Helium Algo will most likely start off with X11
but I heard they might change.

I also heard that some miners were planning on mining Helium with the new ASIC Dash Miner that came out.

)
(myself I have no experience with ASIC mining
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:25:29 AM

The issue i keep getting is a missing .dll notice when I start spreadminer.  I've (re)installed the vcredist x86 and x64 and still, same message.  Anyone familiar with this?  I can't remote to that rig at the moment to check the exact dll but i think it was mvc100.
Xeonus

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:58:07 AM

Thanks, if I don't manage to compile or sync on Ubuntu I will set up a wallet on Windows and mine on Ubuntu Wink. Thanks for the heads-up on Helium  Grin

The sync could take 16 hours. I'm thinking of uploading the current blockchain to my mega account to save others some time.

For Ubuntu users: the pre-compiled wallet from the website worked afterall. Took a while until the daemon found the network. So make sure to let it run and sync e.g. overnight.

I can confirm that syncing takes at least 16 hours Tongue
Would be nice to get a backup from mega Smiley
hughson (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:07:34 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2017, 02:32:03 PM by hughson

The issue i keep getting is a missing .dll notice when I start spreadminer.  I've (re)installed the vcredist x86 and x64 and still, same message.  Anyone familiar with this?  I can't remote to that rig at the moment to check the exact dll but i think it was mvc100.

I had that issue as well on two of my rigs, I took four files missing (msvcr100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll) from a rig that didn't have that issue. PM msg me if you need some help with that.
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 09:49:23 PM

Wath can expect on hashrate a 1070GTX ?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
hughson (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 10:36:29 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2017, 11:47:16 PM by hughson

I'm not sure.The newest drivers don't work with the old miner.

but you should get between 800-9300 Kh/s Sp_mod
maybe more with some tweaking

I switch back to mining signatum today.

Still buying spread with the revenue.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 10:59:04 PM

Wath can expect on hashrate a 1070GTX ?

When I checked it this morning, I was getting 5.8MH/s with a 1070.

sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:13:25 PM

my code is turning the 1060 3gb into a 1070

sp-mod private kernel (0.05btc) pm me

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW EVRPROGPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
mystere_miner

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:17:33 PM

I can't seem to get the spreadcoin miner to work on my 1080Ti's, is there any free miner that works? 

I get "nonce xxxx can't be validated on CPU".  I thought maybe this was just a spurious warning, but after hours I see nothing in the wallet.

Is it correct that we still want to do solo mining? 
hughson (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:44:45 AM

I can't seem to get the spreadcoin miner to work on my 1080Ti's, is there any free miner that works? 

I get "nonce xxxx can't be validated on CPU".  I thought maybe this was just a spurious warning, but after hours I see nothing in the wallet.

Is it correct that we still want to do solo mining? 

The latest drivers only work SP_ latest sreadminer mod(#12)
If you mined with anything else try older 382.xx driver.

I was solo mining spreadcoin until yesterday switch to signatum pool mining so I don't have to worry about the luck factor.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: