Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:40:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use a super computer remotely?  (Read 209 times)
ImHash (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:49:31 PM

Hello people, I wanted to know if there is anything like a super computer or at least a powerful computer that could do whatever I could usually do with my own desktop computer but this time I only receive the end results on my screen.
Imagine if you could render graphical frames with the most highest quality impossible for your own PC to handle but you could use a remote PC to do the hard work and all you'd need would be a fast internet connection, so why you guys instead of creating so many useless ICOs and projects, why don't you make this idea of mine to happen?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Erelas

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 04:26:38 PM

If you've the inclination to do it, then take a look at BOINC.  Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing, there is a project already on it that handles large-scale graphical computing.  There was even a project that mined BTC for a while.  Oh, and there is also an altcoin associated with some of the projects, Gridcoin, GRC.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:38:56 PM

Hello people, I wanted to know if there is anything like a super computer or at least a powerful computer that could do whatever I could usually do with my own desktop computer but this time I only receive the end results on my screen.
Imagine if you could render graphical frames with the most highest quality impossible for your own PC to handle but you could use a remote PC to do the hard work and all you'd need would be a fast internet connection, so why you guys instead of creating so many useless ICOs and projects, why don't you make this idea of mine to happen?
So you want "us guys" to spend millions building a (centralized) supercomputer that has uptime running costs in the thousands, in the hopes that we can offset these costs by selling graphical rendering services?

If you are rendering anything worthwhile, it means that you are making money from it and should have the money to buy a rendering server by yourself.
It seems as though your idea was a shower thought, without any actual thinking going into it, no one will make it happen because it's terrible.
EDIT: It's important to add that even if such a thing was possible/existed, the amount of money that you'd pay for an internet connection and network infrastructure to support it would far exceed the amount of money for a rendering machine in a few months. Of course, that depends on the project, but 4K video rendering would require at least a 1Gbps connection for a seamless experience.
ImHash (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:23:27 PM

What I want is a giant super play station 4-5 or maybe 10 of them in different countries and then we all could connect to the nearest station and play multiplayer games.
When you download a video file from the internet you are downloading some data which will turn back to the video once you receive them. but what if we could project the video by sending it through fiber lines with the speed of light? we can gather light particles which are coming from millions and billions years away traveling through space and yet we turn that light into images showing stars and galaxies, why not sending light in a narrow fiber tube and just project it on a screen at the receiving end of the line?
I'm a stupid person, I know nothing about technology but I know this much though, they're denying us the best available technologies. for e,g: we're still using 100 years old radio waves to connect either WiFi or other so called new 4/5 generations. they are sending data to Mars and back to earth with the speed of light and with a bandwidth of 8GBps while they only recently started to provide barely 1GBps for their own citizens.
Long story short, I just wanted to throw some ideas, who knows we might as well see very soon an ICO providing such services but them being poor coders they'd need our money first Cheesy
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:30:36 PM

You are looking for cloud gaming.
Some projects were started but i cant remember them being really successful.

I think the main cause is that majority of paying gamers have actually good gaming hardware.

Who doesnt wont have enough money for cloud gaming either.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
cncr04s

Activity: 70
Merit: 19

Owner of MiningRigRentals

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 06:05:19 PM

Don't know if this helps, but AWS (Amazon Web Services) has massive compute capability. You can put together a supercomputer that could be listed on the top 500 in an hour.
It costs a bunch though.
I used up to 500 of these servers when BTC was surging in 2013 to make a little bit of profit, until everyone else started doing the same thing bumping up the spot prices.

--
Owner & Developer | MiningRigRentals
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: