Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:38:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama was the best thing that ever happened to the USA in a long time...  (Read 5153 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:13:16 PM

Bush helped making the republican party somewhat weaker. Obama helped destroying the big government loving liberals mindset.

Now I hope both conservatives and liberals will be more skeptical than ever about letting "elected citizen" do whatever they want without any questions once in post of power.

Now I hope the Media will understand they are tools when they stop being critical about the power that be.

Eating cheddar flavored popcorn right now. What a week!
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 05:23:52 PM

I agree completely. Obama got elected on a platform of "hope" and "change," and his administration has shown that it's hopeless, the only change you'll get is for the worse.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 06:37:33 PM

Bush helped making the republican party somewhat weaker. Obama helped destroying the big government loving liberals mindset.

Now I hope both conservatives and liberals will be more skeptical than ever about letting "elected citizen" do whatever they want without any questions once in post of power.

Now I hope the Media will understand they are tools when they stop being critical about the power that be.

Eating cheddar flavored popcorn right now. What a week!

Hmm... I don't know. Bush may have made the Republican party somewhat weaker (debatable), but he sure as hell made government MUCH stronger and bigger. Obama just demonstrated that Democrats aren't much better than Republicans when it comes to screwing with civil liberties and continuing pointless wars. I do agree that maybe both of them will have pushed more democrats and republicans into libertarians though, but I would suspect that number is rather small.

As for the media, they know they are tools. They don't care. It's what they get paid for. By the stupid people who keep voting Democrat and Republican.

One way in which I do think both of them have helped is by making government just a little bit more intolerable. As it squeezes harder, people tend to look for ways to get around it, and technologies like encryption, Bitcoin, 3D printers, Tor, P2P filesharing, and mesh networking, which are more liberating than anything else, will see wider adoption. "The more they squeeze, the more runs through their fingers" kinda thing.
AzureEngineer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:24:27 PM

Both dominant political parties in the US are so close together on a political scale that they are indecipherable from each other.

My name was simply a play on "Blue Engineer" from Team Fortress. I am not affiliated with Microsoft or the Azure project.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 09:28:27 PM

Both dominant political parties in the US are so close together on a political scale that they are indecipherable from each other.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 09:30:25 PM

I like to call them the Imperialist parties.
kidcudi09

Activity: 84

God

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:34:13 PM

Obama is a lying sack of shit.This is coming from a person who supported Obama at first but at the time didnt know a damn thing about him(Like most people who support him).Everything he does is a lie.Everything democrats do is a lie.(Same can be said about the republicans too).But the thing that makes me the most angry is the fact is they are lying to your face.Looking you straight in the eye and telling you a lie.Honestly tell me something he did while he was a president??Cant name a damn thing.And that was his first term so tell me why would he get reelected again?Thats like saying you getting to keep your job while your doing nothing thats in your job description/what you getting paid for.Being a president is a job,and he should be fired same thing goes for all the rest in the government.Like I always said.What you know about Obama is what they want you to know about him.Nobody knows a damn thing about him.He didn't do anything major while he was working in the senate so tell me how is he qualified to become a President?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 09:35:46 PM

Obama is a lying sack of shit.This is coming from a person who support Obama but at the time didnt know a damn thing about him(Like most people who support him).Everything he does is a lie.Everything democrats do is a lie.(Same can be said about the republicans too).But the thing that makes me the most angry is the fact is they are lying to your face.Looking you straight in the eye and telling you a lie.Honestly tell me something he did while he was a president??Cant name a damn thing.And that was his first term so tell me why would he get reelected again?Thats like saying you getting keeping your job while your doing nothing thats in your job description/what you getting paid for.Being a president is a job,and he should be fired same thing goes for all the rest in the government.Like I always said.What you know about Obama is what they want you to know about him.Nobody knows a damn thing about him.He didn't do anything major while he was working in the senate so tell me how is he qualified to become a President?
You are a prime example of what the OP meant. Smiley Good morning.

kidcudi09

God

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:43:58 PM

Obama is a lying sack of shit.This is coming from a person who support Obama but at the time didnt know a damn thing about him(Like most people who support him).Everything he does is a lie.Everything democrats do is a lie.(Same can be said about the republicans too).But the thing that makes me the most angry is the fact is they are lying to your face.Looking you straight in the eye and telling you a lie.Honestly tell me something he did while he was a president??Cant name a damn thing.And that was his first term so tell me why would he get reelected again?Thats like saying you getting keeping your job while your doing nothing thats in your job description/what you getting paid for.Being a president is a job,and he should be fired same thing goes for all the rest in the government.Like I always said.What you know about Obama is what they want you to know about him.Nobody knows a damn thing about him.He didn't do anything major while he was working in the senate so tell me how is he qualified to become a President?
You are a prime example of what the OP meant. Smiley Good morning.

I read the first post I understand now.Sorry for being rude.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 09:48:46 PM

No, no... Don't apologize! Those things need to be said, and better they are said by a former supporter than anyone else. Smiley

kidcudi09

God

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:23:32 PM

No, no... Don't apologize! Those things need to be said, and better they are said by a former supporter than anyone else. Smiley

Smiley lol

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 11:20:16 PM

The fact that those same people keep getting elected has changed my mindset from thinking I should be helping Americans to be more free to realizing that they do not want to be free. It was not so much Obama winning as Ron Paul losing, twice...when people actually heard a voice of liberty and turned their back on it, or worse...openly attacked it.

That the best approach is to foster those things which allow the few among us who actually crave freedom to have a vehicle to do so.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 12:16:09 AM

Honestly tell me something he did while he was a president??Cant name a damn thing.

How's this? http://whattheheckhasobamadonesofar.com
Not all of it is good. Like the slew of regulations. But the student loan thing, the nuclear reduction thing, the pro-gay things and pro-women's rights things, and the pro-science things were good. There are definitely a lot of things that he did. That's likely part of the reason he got reelected.
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 01:11:22 AM

Honestly tell me something he did while he was a president??Cant name a damn thing.

Not all of it is good. Like the slew of regulations. But the student loan thing, the nuclear reduction thing, the pro-gay things and pro-women's rights things, and the pro-science things were good. There are definitely a lot of things that he did. That's likely part of the reason he got reelected.

spending, spending, spending, regulation, spending, spending...

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 02:32:08 AM

Here are some
Lifted restrictions granting Cuban Americans unrestricted rights to visit family and send remittances to the island
Eliminated subsidies to private lender middlemen of student loans
Expanded hate crime law in the US to include sexual orientation
Extended Benefits to same-sex partners of federal employees
Reversed 'global gag rule', allowing US aid to go to organizations regardless of whether they provide abortions
Signed New START Treaty - nuclear arms reduction pact with Russia
First president to endorse same-sex marriage equality
Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women
Reversed the policy of barring media coverage during the return of fallen soldiers to Dover Air Force Base
Signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act to stop fraud and wasteful spending in the defense procurement and contracting system
Ended Bush administration's CIA program of 'enhanced interrogation methods'
Tax cuts for up to 3.5 million small businesses to help pay for employee health care coverage

Don't really have a problem with any of that..
Elwar
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 02:20:17 AM

Lifted restrictions granting Cuban Americans unrestricted rights to visit family and send remittances to the island
A good start.

Eliminated subsidies to private lender middlemen of student loans
Ending subsidies is always good.

More thought crimes.  Roll Eyes

More money to equalize bad policy.

Reversed 'global gag rule', allowing US aid to go to organizations regardless of whether they provide abortions
More money to equalize bad spending.

Signed New START Treaty - nuclear arms reduction pact with Russia
A good start.

First president to endorse same-sex marriage equality
More regulation to equalize bad government intervention.

Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women
Pay control regulation.

Reversed the policy of barring media coverage during the return of fallen soldiers to Dover Air Force Base
I hope the media respects the families of those soldiers.

Signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act to stop fraud and wasteful spending in the defense procurement and contracting system
Signed in 2009...I have not noticed any changes in oversight as a defense contractor...I hope it helps, I notice that the law had plenty of mulit-billion dollar projects that were excluded.

Ended Bush administration's CIA program of 'enhanced interrogation methods'
I hope so

Tax cuts for up to 3.5 million small businesses to help pay for employee health care coverage
I am sure those businesses are overjoyed by those small tax cuts to help pay for a business killing health care system while large companies are getting waivers

FenixRD

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:35:44 AM

One thing that is being UN-changed that I am hopeful about: Obamacare repeal passed congress today, maybe senate will agree and toss the 2000-page shit out

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:09:55 AM

Well, now.

That about sums it up.

"Give them bread and circuses!"
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 04:14:06 AM

Agreed.  Both are bought and paid for, just by slightly different groups of people. 

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 02:58:29 PM

More thought crimes.  Roll Eyes

I wonder, if someone accidentally plows down and kills a pedestrian, or accidentally walks out with something in their hand forgetting to pay for it, do you think they are as guilty and should be punished the same as someone who committed planned deliberate murder or robbery?

More money to equalize bad policy.

What is the bad policy? Government recognition and protection of marriage contracts?

One thing that is being UN-changed that I am hopeful about: Obamacare repeal passed congress today, maybe senate will agree and toss the 2000-page shit out

Lol!
No. They pass a repeal every few months. Senate is majority Democrats (it only seems Republican controlled because filibusters made 60%+ votes a requirement), and obviously Obama will veto any attempts to get rid of his signature legislation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: