Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:11:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bash Bitcoin Cash? It might be the future of Bitcoin.  (Read 990 times)
cashodler (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:26:45 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 04:46:30 PM by cashodler

Seriously, I've been following everything related to bitcoin and its forks for quite a long time. When it comes to specification of Bitcoin Cash, it seems like the future of Bitcoin to me, no dangerous Segwit, thus more secure, no centralization like with Bitcoin Core, adjustable blocksize cap, less fees. The most dangerous thing about the current bitcoin is the segwit that might hurt the currency really hard and also November hard fork that might not even happen. It's backed by Chinese miners that can push it anytime and they won't let it crash. Bitcoin Core devs have basically diverged from Satoshi's description of the Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash and are pushing it in the way it wasn't intended.

I'm even playing with an idea just to change all BTC to BCC when it hits low, because I see the future in Bitcoin Cash, because in my opinion it's technically better and the current Bitcoin won't be able to become a mainstream currency anytime soon, but everything is mostly solved already in Bitcoin Cash.

To be clear, I've invested in Bitcoin in the past and been holding BTC and BCC in 1:1 ratio since the fork and never even thought about selling BCC. It was really laughable how everyone was saying that they had been going to sell it at the earliest opportunity. It seems more like people here are AFRAID of Bitcoin Cash SUCCESS for some reason. And remember the ideology BS between developers of Bitcoin Core and people standing behind Bitcoin Cash.

I'd like to hear others' opinion on this matter, why do you think that currency X wins or what could possibly happen in the future?
williamuk

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:03:44 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 05:18:12 PM by williamuk

Seriously, I've been following everything related to bitcoin and its forks for quite a long time. When it comes to specification of Bitcoin Cash, it seems like the future of Bitcoin to me, no dangerous Segwit, thus more secure, no centralization like with Bitcoin Core, adjustable blocksize cap, less fees. The most dangerous thing about the current bitcoin is the segwit that might hurt the currency really hard and also November hard fork that might not even happen. It's backed by Chinese miners that can push it anytime and they won't let it crash. Bitcoin Core devs have basically diverged from Satoshi's description of the Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash and are pushing it in the way it wasn't intended.

I'm even playing with an idea just to change all BTC to BCC when it hits low, because I see the future in Bitcoin Cash, because in my opinion it's technically better and the current Bitcoin won't be able to become a mainstream currency anytime soon, but everything is mostly solved already in Bitcoin Cash.

To be clear, I've invested in Bitcoin in the past and been holding BTC and BCC in 1:1 ratio since the fork and never even thought about selling BCC. It was really laughable how everyone was saying that they had been going to sell it at the earliest opportunity. It seems more like people here are AFRAID of Bitcoin Cash SUCCESS for some reason. And remember the ideology BS between developers of Bitcoin Core and people standing behind Bitcoin Cash.

I'd like to hear others' opinion on this matter, why do you think that currency X wins or what could possibly happen in the future?

Many people (some good, some bad) have invested too much emotional capital in supporting the line fed to them by Blockstream. Even when confronted with facts it will be hard for them to accept they were wrong and used all this time.

Egos aside, that first 4.7Mb BCC block was a thing of beauty. Even crippled as it was, that network managed to process all waiting transactions in one fell swoop. Woooosh :-)
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:40:05 PM

Just look at how bitcoincash's marketcap is decreasing in last few days or even hours, this shows how much price can dump in near future. This is not just because people have got so much free BCC but also because not many miners support this forked coin so mining BCC is much easier than mining bitcoin so price of BCC will remain under 10% of BTC price in long term.

Bitcoincash can't be future of bitcoin, there will be no any block size issue when lightening network will be activated after segwit on bitcoin.

rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:45:10 PM

Just look at how bitcoincash's marketcap is decreasing in last few days or even hours, this shows how much price can dump in near future. This is not just because people have got so much free BCC but also because not many miners support this forked coin so mining BCC is much easier than mining bitcoin so price of BCC will remain under 10% of BTC price in long term.

Bitcoincash can't be future of bitcoin, there will be no any block size issue when lightening network will be activated after segwit on bitcoin.

When is lightning scheduled to be implemented?
ChainSmoker

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:14:32 PM

LOL Op you should have posted with your original account unless you wanted to create FUD Grin
Mark my words,History will repeat itself.BCC will be dumped so hard you won't think of purchasing it.Tomorrow anyone will again fork the chain so what?You will say that is the future of bitcoin?Bitcoin ain't going anywhere.There is only 1 bitcoin all other are ALTS  Grin
I would DUMP BCC any chance i get

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hacknoid

Activity: 418
Merit: 252

Proud Canuck

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 06:16:07 PM

Bitcoin will  be whatever chain has the most hash power.  It may indeed be BCC/BCH, especially if something fucks up and the 2x part of Segwit2x doesn't happen.  We already know some Core developers are against it at all costs, so it's not a done deal.

IMO, we need ALL scaling options, including side chains and SW.  However, the most important of all is the larger blocks.  Long term, "Bitcoin" (the concept, and the recognized currency) will have larger blocks; so if the Core side never adopts it, or pushes it off too long, BCC/BCH will take over.

The short term price means nothing for the longer terms.  Expect fluctuations, especially as people shore up their respective positions based on beliefs.  In any case, it's not going away permanently.  I think there will always be people that support it,

BitcoinRunner : Side scroller game powered entirely by Bitcoin! 
Game (alpha): http://hacknoid.ca/bitcoinrunner
Discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=907618.0
ChainSmoker

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:32:00 PM

Bitcoin will  be whatever chain has the most hash power.  It may indeed be BCC/BCH, especially if something fucks up and the 2x part of Segwit2x doesn't happen.  We already know some Core developers are against it at all costs, so it's not a done deal.

IMO, we need ALL scaling options, including side chains and SW.  However, the most important of all is the larger blocks.  Long term, "Bitcoin" (the concept, and the recognized currency) will have larger blocks; so if the Core side never adopts it, or pushes it off too long, BCC/BCH will take over.

The short term price means nothing for the longer terms.  Expect fluctuations, especially as people shore up their respective positions based on beliefs.  In any case, it's not going away permanently.  I think there will always be people that support it,
It will still be an altcoin. BCC will die in 1 month

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:13:05 PM

Because "Bitcoin Cash" is a rip off from the real Bitcoin. Their developers never did anything notable. It's another takeover attempt like XT, Classic, Unlimited, and so on.

Nobody trusts these coders long term with their money. You will find out soon enough.

The legacy chain continues being the real Bitcoin. There hasn't been a valid hardfork and there will not be any for the time being, so enjoy losing your BTC for fake bitcoins.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:22:13 PM

it's the tool of the big blockers to push their agenda further. they have money and mining power. you'd be ill advised to believe that.

unless the 2mb fork is in the bag in november, and core and others will go all out to discredit it, they'll be pumping this and flashing mining power in an attempt to scare people.

before that they had blockchain spamming and fake signalling. now they have a coin of their own. you can bet they're gonna squeeze as much as possible out of it.
ChainSmoker

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:29:46 PM

it's the tool of the big blockers to push their agenda further. they have money and mining power. you'd be ill advised to believe that.

unless the 2mb fork is in the bag in november, and core and others will go all out to discredit it, they'll be pumping this and flashing mining power in an attempt to scare people.

before that they had blockchain spamming and fake signalling. now they have a coin of their own. you can bet they're gonna squeeze as much as possible out of it.
Let them do it.Bcash will be dumped soon when all exchanges allow deposit.I am glad i sold all my 48BCH for 0.15btc/BCH and No regrets Grin
Bcash can never gain the respect of people as bitcoin do and also acceptance.

megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:29:59 PM

People are just afraid BCH will ruin the value of their BTC holdings and will do anything to resist it. But if they can see the whole picture they will understand BCH is good for BTC and their holdings.

Just hold your BTC and BCH and you will come out on top.

ChainSmoker

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:31:37 PM

People are just afraid BCH will ruin the value of their BTC holdings and will do anything to resist it. But if they can see the whole picture they will understand BCH is good for BTC and their holdings.

No you will miss the opportunity to dump fake bitcoins  Grin

European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:33:15 PM

Let them do it.Bcash will be dumped soon when all exchanges allow deposit.I am glad i sold all my 48BCH for 0.15btc/BCH and No regrets Grin

only an honorable minority actually care about the principles behind bitcoin. everyone else wants more dollars and they'll head where they're pointed to if there are more dollars there.
ChainSmoker

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:38:50 PM

only an honorable minority actually care about the principles behind bitcoin. everyone else wants more dollars and they'll head where they're pointed to if there are more dollars there.
And more dollars will always behind bitcoin.It took bitcoin 8 years to reach at this point and BCH can not overtake it.Bitcoin will always be more widely accepted and recognized then some overnight shitcoin.

European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:49:56 PM

And more dollars will always behind bitcoin.

i really hope that's the case. i'm not completely sure i actually believe it any more. all the alt ridiculousness highlights how shameless everyone is.

crypto desperately needs bitcoin to be strong. i'm starting to get the feeling that not enough people will realise that until it's too late and that includes 2x being forced prematurely by the wrong people, let alone this bcash stuff.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 08:16:45 PM

I agree with you but the million dollar question is when would it be advisable to start selling BTC for BCH? When hash power directed at BCH is greater than say 25%? There should be a metric to follow that is a leading indicator of future success of BCH.

williamuk

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:20:43 PM

Wise words
cashodler (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:35:17 PM

Any good charts with miners and their performance (hashrates) to watch? I've seen one really good showing current performance of miners and day hashrate difference percentage or something but can't find it.

This can be quite a good indicator when to move from BTC and also as you said pool.viabtc.com.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:45:01 AM

Essentially nothing wrong with BCC or BCH at least select a constant name for it, I still don't know which one is it BCC or BCH, they couldn't even come up with a proper name for it and you ask why bashing it? having thousands of asicboost enabled miners ready and now start mining the most of the coins. nothing wrong with that, having almost $4 billions out of no where extra money, nothing wrong with that.
Even Bitcoin now consumes electricity more than a country, instead of creating another copy of it, better to think about a more green mining algo, but asicboost is for the win. lets see how the mining becomes profitable while price is dumping.

🖤😏
jnow

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:36:50 AM

BCH doesn't solve the shortcomings of BTC.

At this moment BTH is a $6,000,000,000+ USD bubble that was blown out overnight. How can it be worth anything is beyond any reasonable explanation.

It is my personal belief that ultimately BCH will self destruct while dragging down BTC along the way.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: