Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:34:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex to credit BCH = BTC (Based on fork time)  (Read 646 times)
shade_wrath (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:13:48 AM

BITCOIN CASH UPDATE

We've received several inquiries about Bitcoin Cash (BCH) since the fork on 8/1/2017. Our hesitation to immediately support BCH or any other Bitcoin (BTC) derivative was and is born out of the desire to ensure the security of network operations and the safety of our users' tokens.

We will be crediting users who had BTC in their account balance at the time of the fork with matching BCH. We expect this to occur on or before 8/14/17. Keep in mind that we have not yet determined if we will be listing BCH as a market on Poloniex nor can we commit to supporting BCH withdrawals right away. The ability to withdraw BCH will depend on network stability which is completely outside of our control.

We appreciate everyone's patience on the matter.

- The Poloniex Team

https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.08.03-Bitcoin-Cash-Update/

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:23:03 AM

It doesn't really make sense:

1. We will be crediting users who had BTC in their account balance at the time of the fork with matching BCH.
2. We have not yet determined if we will be listing BCH as a market on Poloniex nor can we commit to supporting BCH withdrawals right away.

If I get BCH but can't trade it (on a trading platform..) and can't withdraw it (on a trading platform..) then what can I do with my BCH?
Skol600ml

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:26:35 AM

1. We will be crediting users who had BTC in their account balance at the time of the fork with matching BCH.
2. We have not yet determined if we will be listing BCH as a market on Poloniex nor can we commit to supporting BCH withdrawals right away.

If I get BCH but can't trade it (on a trading platform..) and can't withdraw it (on a trading platform..) then what can I do with my BCH?

BCH withdrawals "right away"
"right away"
"right away"
"right away"
"right away"
"right away"
shade_wrath (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:27:26 AM

As they mentioned "nor can we commit to supporting BCH withdrawals right away", which means initially it will be disable for a while like for most exchanges and once they have the stability and confidence in network they will enable withdrawals.
I expect they will definitely list BCH in markets as well, something which all major exchanges will do sooner or later.

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
coolsai

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:28:25 AM

I assume it means they will EVENTUALLY decide to either allow both trade and withdrawals or they will allow only withdrawals. How long it will be before they decide is unknown but the point to make is they aren't just keeping peoples coins for themselves.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 03:08:10 AM

"right away"
"right away"
"right away"
"right away"
"right away"

I think what he is trying to point out is that it is poor planning on poloniex's end to release something that has no purpose. A better move on poloniex's part to keep things simple would be to only release BCH when they are actually really ready to have it traded/withdrawn.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Skol600ml

Activity: 158

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:14:29 AM

"right away"
"right away"
"right away"
"right away"
"right away"

I think what he is trying to point out is that it is poor planning on poloniex's end to release something that has no purpose. A better move on poloniex's part to keep things simple would be to only release BCH when they are actually really ready to have it traded/withdrawn.

They are saying that they can't commit to supporting BCH withdrawals right away. That means that they will, but maybe not right away. So, no. You CAN withdraw, but maybe not at the time they will list.
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:17:26 AM

Then let those BCH would sleep for awhile since you cant do anything about it,, cant trade cant withdraw. If you do have BCH and you do want to trade or sell but you cant is really a pissing situation scenario specially when you see the price have already been lowered on $400 as of now if they did this thing on earlier time and can able to withdraw or trade then lots of people will surely love it but for now. Its somehow senseless move from polo.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:33:58 AM

"right away"
"right away"
"right away"
"right away"
"right away"

Spot on.
This is exactly what I was trying to point.
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:08:18 AM

No I would rather be able to withdraw ASAP first.

Trading at Polo for BCH would be nice but nothing is more important than me being able to have access to my coins ASAP to do with as I please even if the network is unstable. Others are selling at 300...500 ... 800 dollars so far.

So as long as I can withdraw I am cool with just that alone for now.

I will say --- I am pondering holding BCH for long term as well. Since they cost me nothing at all there is nothing to lose for me.
I have a weird feeling this is part of a plan that some very big market movers are behind. And I would not be surprised to see BTC and BCH to go up at the same time.

Remains to be seen. I'll follow it minute to minute as I always do. And decide to dump or hold.....
Can always buy back as well if the game changes.
BitWhale

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:06:09 AM

Now if we can just get them to acknowledge the Stellar airdrop, then we will be set! LOL
arnbrd

Activity: 141

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 07:18:39 AM

That is cool, because I have some bitcoins at Poloniex, and thus I was starting to get worried if I could have them or not, but finally they will do the work for me and that it cool Smiley.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: