Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:20:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-08-03]University of Oxford Launches Fintech and Blockchain Programme  (Read 5373 times)
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1667

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:00:35 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2017, 11:55:12 PM by Baofeng

University of Oxford Launches Fintech and Blockchain Programme

Saïd Business School, at the University of Oxford, has announced the launch of a new digital open enrolment programme on FinTech that will cover topics ranging from Blockchain technology and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to crowdfunding and quantum computing.

According to the official announcement, the Oxford Fintech Programme, launched in collaboration with GetSmarter, examines current and emerging financial technology. The programme is being run by Nir Vulkan, Associate Professor of Business Economics at Oxford Saïd and David Shrier, business author and CEO of Distilled Analytics - both leading authorities on fintech.

Peter Tufano, Peter Moores Dean and Professor of Finance at Saïd Business School, commented:

“Technology and the mobile revolution are rapidly transforming financial markets, institutions, and business models.  Drawing upon the expertise of leading academics and practitioners from Saïd Business School, our new digital Fintech programme, supported by GetSmarter, will provide entrepreneurs and executives with the insights and knowledge necessary to navigate this changing landscape, and adapt and progress in their careers.”

https://coinidol.com/university-of-oxford-launches-fintech/

This is really such a welcome news to see Educational Industry taking a leap and join the new wave of revolution which is Blockchain Technology. They are covering a large based of topics which will surely attracts a lot students or even professionals to enroll in this program. I'm pretty sure that it will be successful because it has the backing up of several Fintech authority person. Hope to see this another success story that we are going to hear in the future.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 08:46:38 AM

It's great to see that universities started to adopt Blockchain but from what I have read looks like they will only focus on financial part, and blockchain technology could be used for much more.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 10:26:09 AM

Great news we need more recognized institutions to adopt the blockchain technology for other countries/institutions to follow suit, but the only downside of the rapidly changing technology is some jobs will be phased out along the way all in the bid of improving productivity,efficiency and profits.
realdeanz

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:33:45 PM

Really good news, I hope other universities follow suit. Blockchain technology is here to stay and if there were any courses where one could learn the fundamentals of how it actually works i.e the technical side then it's a positive thing!
IdVerification

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 02:00:03 AM

I'm optimistic about the future of bitcoin and blockchain. But, universities like Stanford, UC Berkeley and MIT are adding blockchain course offerings and content--they're 'voting' on blockchain technology to stick around for a while.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: