Bitcoin Forum
September 06, 2024, 07:18:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins Per Person = 0.00155571  (Read 1270 times)
the founder (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 08:07:42 PM

Bitcoins Per Person = 0.00155571 | I took the population of Earth (updated in real time) and the total number of bitcoins created (updated in real time) .. and you'll see just how many bitcoins to people there really is.  ...  http://www.ounce.me

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 4667

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:38:53 PM

its a nice number to know, but not a relevant number to keep an eye on..

if you want to be known as the smart guy that done the maths. here is a challenge for you.

find the amount of miners on average per day.

then divide that by 3600 (coins mined per day)

then you will have a magic number worthy of people keeping an eye on. because this magic number is the average income per person. which people can then use to base the price of bread, milk, utility bills off of.

that way we can slowly step away from relying on gox for speculation, and begin to start viewing bitcoin using an actual indicator of value.

much like the living wage calculator's that governments use to compare economic growth, and set minimum wage and taxes etc etc

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:43:36 PM

I think at least 1 million of the Bitcoins are already lost, so the number would be even smaller.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: