Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:52:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLDcoin slowly gaining  (Read 2287 times)
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 09:31:39 PM

I think the name gldcoin and symbol GLD are very attractive.  So, it seems like anyone who has GLD should hold on to it for later.  You never know, it might get picked up by an exchange.

I don't think "GLDcoin" is an attractive name.

I do.
BitshireHashaway

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 09:32:01 PM

Now that World coin has been launched and more people jumped to it, it seems these are the current coins of the day, what is your opinion? which is the better investment of time and resources, will any of them even manage to trade on the forums?

GLD's first 2 million coins(around 1/3rd of all coins out right now) were mined in the first 200 blocks.  Add on that the coin wasn't even posted in this section of the forums when it launched, giving the dev the opportunity to scoop up those huge bonus blocks, and you have a pretty scammy start imo.  Worldcoin looks a bit more professional in it's presentation, which gives me more hope for it's potential for long term success.  It could easily fail as well however as more coins will be released daily.

That's true but a lot of those 2,000,000 coins were given away as part of sharing the wealth which makes it not as bad as it could have been.
AZIZ1977

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:05:57 PM

I think the name gldcoin and symbol GLD are very attractive.  So, it seems like anyone who has GLD should hold on to it for later.  You never know, it might get picked up by an exchange.

Only the name Goldcoin is more worth than FTC+CNC together. I really think Goldcoin has a huge potential to get really populair within a few weeks. I seeing more and more people talk about Goldcoin.
kr4x

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:09:03 PM

it is definitely gaining popularity
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 10:14:58 PM

I think this coin could manage to take of, mainly because as was already posted in this thread, the wealth was spread around a lot which helped make the launch more successful because people are more interested in a coin they actually have.

+1

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
btceic

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 10:16:09 PM

btw, the new logo looks really nice, kudos to the designer

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
AZIZ1977

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 10:36:39 PM

Yes he did a good job. I also really like the logo.
BitshireHashaway

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 11:20:57 PM

Agreed I'll have to switch to it.
BitshireHashaway

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 11:21:17 PM

it is definitely gaining popularity

Agreed, lets hope it continues.
BitshireHashaway

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 11:21:54 PM

Only the name Goldcoin is more worth than FTC+CNC together. I really think Goldcoin has a huge potential to get really populair within a few weeks. I seeing more and more people talk about Goldcoin.

That's what I always say to those people making alternate currencies who say the name is useless, the name is one of the most important parts!
fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:26:18 PM

I hope the developer is giving away coins 10k at a time took him about 8 ms to mine that.  First 200 blocks were 10,000 coin reward.  The exact OPPOSITE of what should be done to avoid a premine scam
1Peter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:31:31 PM

Thanks, appreciate that!
afroman1131

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 11:35:51 PM

I hope the developer is giving away coins 10k at a time took him about 8 ms to mine that.  First 200 blocks were 10,000 coin reward.  The exact OPPOSITE of what should be done to avoid a premine scam
the dev didnt get that many of those blocks and plus what he got he gave away.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
BitshireHashaway

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 12:57:49 AM

Dev didn't get too many, in fact he gave away a lot of what he got in chunks of 5k to 10k. Plus other people who got blocks gave them out in chunks of 500 -> I'm giving them out in chunks of 5 now to support the price of 100GLD/1LTC. Also a lot of giveaways in the 10k+ for various things supporting the coin (pools, guides, ect.)
ssshhh

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:59:25 AM

I think this coin could manage to take of, mainly because as was already posted in this thread, the wealth was spread around a lot which helped make the launch more successful because people are more interested in a coin they actually have.

+1

BitcoinBoard

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 01:52:14 AM

This coin indeed is one of the better ones launched this week, and I think it will become a big succes if looking at the support from the Dev's and users alone:D

Bitcoin (BTC) Adress: 1EJMCFdJMsNmp9jtSztnwu9yErRj1KAATc
Litecoin (LTC) Adress: LiTakTnY9Qv71GqQbpGpEbN39e5aQyqLGX
btceic

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 02:23:10 AM

I think the name gldcoin and symbol GLD are very attractive.  So, it seems like anyone who has GLD should hold on to it for later.  You never know, it might get picked up by an exchange.

I do.

Gold Coin as a name is much better than feathercoin or mincoin or bitbar or any of the other recent alt coins that have cropped up recently.

zero3112

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 04:36:34 AM

Whats the official logo for GLDcoin?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: