Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:11:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLDcoin slowly gaining  (Read 2287 times)
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:42:40 PM

GLDcoin looked like a scam, maybe it is, but it looks like a lot more people are paying it attention now that the other launches failed.
Giskard

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:03:08 PM

GLDcoin looked like a scam, maybe it is, but it looks like a lot more people are paying it attention now that the other launches failed.

At least a lot of noobs got coins, instead of just the usual suspects with their new-coin-instamine farms.
blastbob

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:04:55 PM

At least a lot of noobs got coins, instead of just the usual suspects with their new-coin-instamine farms.

Less orphans on this one, felt good

Bitrated user: blastbob.
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:26:38 PM

Na - GLDcoin was a really good launch.  The author was even giving out 10k and 5k GLD on the forums.  He really spread the wealth around.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:28:28 PM

O it still was more or less farmed. Few got some while slow got left out. That is okay though pool is up so I can get some now.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
syn999

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:28:38 PM

well, it started at newbie section and first. they just love brand new coins

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:33:28 PM

LOL yeah but at launch someone posted it into the alt area too. So most noobs had no chance getting solo set up to mine before the big reward blocks were gone lol

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:35:34 PM

LOL yeah but at launch someone posted it into the alt area too. So most noobs had no chance getting solo set up to mine before the big reward blocks were gone lol

Nah, it didn't get posted in AltCurr until the block-reward had gone down to 500. When I started mining I had ~70% of the network hashrate with a single Geforce 560 Ti and got most of the blocks for a little while (turned it off pretty quickly as I didn't feel this coin was going anywhere). Pretty sure the folks over in the newbie section just used the built-in miner to CPU-mine.
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:36:19 PM

There were some massive giveaways though - I actually received 5k coins. Guessing people who asked earlier got even more.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

blastbob

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:39:08 PM

I can give 30k to a giveaway pool if someone is interested in running one.

Bitrated user: blastbob.
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:52:57 PM

I think the name gldcoin and symbol GLD are very attractive.  So, it seems like anyone who has GLD should hold on to it for later.  You never know, it might get picked up by an exchange.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:52:35 AM

Now that World coin has been launched and more people jumped to it, it seems these are the current coins of the day, what is your opinion? which is the better investment of time and resources, will any of them even manage to trade on the forums?
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:23:25 AM

I think the name gldcoin and symbol GLD are very attractive.  So, it seems like anyone who has GLD should hold on to it for later.  You never know, it might get picked up by an exchange.

I don't think "GLDcoin" is an attractive name.
bitbitcoincoin

Activity: 167

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:39:19 AM

Now that World coin has been launched and more people jumped to it, it seems these are the current coins of the day, what is your opinion? which is the better investment of time and resources, will any of them even manage to trade on the forums?

GLD's first 2 million coins(around 1/3rd of all coins out right now) were mined in the first 200 blocks.  Add on that the coin wasn't even posted in this section of the forums when it launched, giving the dev the opportunity to scoop up those huge bonus blocks, and you have a pretty scammy start imo.  Worldcoin looks a bit more professional in it's presentation, which gives me more hope for it's potential for long term success.  It could easily fail as well however as more coins will be released daily.

Vikerus

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

Learning something new everyday.

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:40:44 AM

I don't think "GLDcoin" is an attractive name.
GLDcoin looks much better long term then "Power"coin

This is a currency not a comic book lol.
thekidcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:42:07 AM

GLD = Gold likely in reference to the Gold ETF or something.  Could be wrong though

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn
Vikerus

Activity: 56

Learning something new everyday.

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:45:49 AM

I can give 30k to a giveaway pool if someone is interested in running one.
I set up a thread, clicks for coins. I'm trying to get it spread out. I could use the coinage.

Dyup8xeh7MqhYRvgL4EnhRC7TQ15nTYHcE
thekidcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:48:14 AM

GLD's first 2 million coins(around 1/3rd of all coins out right now) were mined in the first 200 blocks.  Add on that the coin wasn't even posted in this section of the forums when it launched, giving the dev the opportunity to scoop up those huge bonus blocks, and you have a pretty scammy start imo.  Worldcoin looks a bit more professional in it's presentation, which gives me more hope for it's potential for long term success.  It could easily fail as well however as more coins will be released daily.

I got a few of the 10K blocks last night when it first posted but got a lot of stales and orphans.  He gave away a lot of coins today too.  He was sending people 5K just for posting their address.  But who knows.  

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 02:13:07 AM

I think this coin could manage to take of, mainly because as was already posted in this thread, the wealth was spread around a lot which helped make the launch more successful because people are more interested in a coin they actually have.
kr4x

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:15:16 AM

I think this coin could manage to take of, mainly because as was already posted in this thread, the wealth was spread around a lot which helped make the launch more successful because people are more interested in a coin they actually have.

+1
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: