Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:50:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't scan Bitaddress paper wallet with my Samsung Galaxy S2  (Read 735 times)
tinus42 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 08:45:18 PM

I tried out a paper wallet from bitaddress.org but I can't scan the QR code when it's printed out with my Samsung Galaxy S2 using either the Barcode scanner or the Android Bitcoin wallet. The QR codes don't look detailed enough.

I can retreive the bitcoins on it on my Blockchain.info account by manually entering the private key.

Are there paper wallets which have big hires QR codes and are trustworthy?
YABTCLover

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 01:35:02 AM

Try to make the QR-Code larger by zooming in to fill your screen.
Also try other QR-Apps. Sometimes zooming function on the mobile cant be used. I never had problems with zxing.
I only use normal Bitcoin Wallet on mobile with max. of 0.5BTC right now: It is enough for most cases and the problem is something else when they get stolen!
tinus42 (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 07:34:15 AM

Try to make the QR-Code larger by zooming in to fill your screen.
Also try other QR-Apps. Sometimes zooming function on the mobile cant be used. I never had problems with zxing.
I only use normal Bitcoin Wallet on mobile with max. of 0.5BTC right now: It is enough for most cases and the problem is something else when they get stolen!

I've tried that. The QR-code only gets more blurry when I zoom it and it won't scan. What's the best QR app for Android?
tinus42 (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 12:56:00 AM

I did some experimentation. Tried using a different printer. The result is the same. The QR-code is too tiny, it can't be scanned with my Samsung Android phone. Other QR-codes scan easily.

The only way to redeem bitcoins is to enter the private key manually.

Is there a paper wallet which can be scanned with a Samsung Galaxy S2?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: