Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:23:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BCC wallet question  (Read 385 times)
duke944 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 10:45:53 AM

I'm pretty confused. If I had bitcoin in a bitcoin core wallet prior to the fork, does that mean I can send those bitcoins now and still claim the bcc later? what happens if I receive new bitcoin in my core wallet now - does that change anything?
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 10:51:23 AM

I'm pretty confused. If I had bitcoin in a bitcoin core wallet prior to the fork, does that mean I can send those bitcoins now and still claim the bcc later? what happens if I receive new bitcoin in my core wallet now - does that change anything?
Yes, you can claim them any time, today, tomorrow or next year (if it survives that long).
New transactions will be ignored by BCH network.
As of now most wallets for BCH are still seeing "after fork" transactions, Im sure it will change soon.
When a correct network is set in the wallet configs, those incompatible TX's are gone.
Make sure to follow the procedure as stated by theymos in the upper "news bar".

VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:46:48 AM

It seems you can't receive your bitcoin cash in your bitcoin core wallet. you must move your bitcoin to another wallet that has supported the bitcoin cash or fork coin of bitcoin. and you can claim your bitcoin csah.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: