Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:02:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: couple questions regarding bitcoin cash  (Read 221 times)
feh (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:59:12 AM

Hello folks.

The first question is pretty straight forward: if I wanted to determine the value of my bitcoin holdings (which were obtained before the 8/1 fork), the answer is (number of bitcoins) * (bitcoin value) + (number of bitcoins) * (bitcoin cash value), correct?

Second - are people making an effort to sell their bitcoin cash before the price falls? For argument's sake, let's say bitcoin cash is at its highest value right now. If I have access to the private keys of my bitcoin wallet, should I be making an effort to sell the associated bitcoin cash?

Thanks.
investinator

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:00:57 PM

Hello folks.

The first question is pretty straight forward: if I wanted to determine the value of my bitcoin holdings (which were obtained before the 8/1 fork), the answer is (number of bitcoins) * (bitcoin value) + (number of bitcoins) * (bitcoin cash value), correct?

Second - are people making an effort to sell their bitcoin cash before the price falls? For argument's sake, let's say bitcoin cash is at its highest value right now. If I have access to the private keys of my bitcoin wallet, should I be making an effort to sell the associated bitcoin cash?

Thanks.

First question: Yes that is correct

Second question: it's a matter of opinion but we already see on bittrex it topped out at 0.48 btc per bcc and now its under 0.1 and has been dropping steadily since it hit the top. You may believe it has hit bottom or nearing it though but I think it's currently too risky personally.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:07:15 PM

Hello folks.

yes but you should remember 2 things
- value or price is fluctuating a lot so it may be worth something now and another an hour from now, specially talking about BCC
- again about BCC you should know that it has value only if you can sell it otherwise it is not that valuable and currently there aren't any decent exchanges with open deposits so you can not sell it!

Thanks.
that is the second point above.
some people moved their coins to exchanges or had them there already before the fork so they have already gotten their BCC coins and many have sold then already and so many of them were trading who are buying and selling still to make more profit.

should you sell? it is kind of up to you to decide. see how much you will get. is it $1? $10? ... is it worth the effort?
and then there is the problem with "where to sell it". i am using bittrex but they don't allow deposits last time i checked!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: