Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:22:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex Holding Coins! I am tired of this!  (Read 1220 times)
Lipe490 (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:15:06 PM

Why Poloniex randomly holds withdrawals and deposits? I am sick of this happenning. I have 0,4 BTC in approval for withdrawl since 5 days ago and they never answer support. Do you guys know If there is another thin I can do?
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goblin

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:22:37 PM

what is their reason of holding your bitcoins?
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:30:51 PM

Polo is having serious issues and has been having them for weeks if not months. Seriously, there are so many red flags that they are insolvent, have been hacked, or are pulling an exit scam (least likely in my opinion). There really is nothing other than to do other than wait for the withdrawal to happen. But if either a hack or they are insolvent is the case, they are most likely using / waiting new deposits or trading fees to facilitate awaiting transfers that are too big.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
Lipe490 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:35:59 PM

Polo is having serious issues and has been having them for weeks if not months. Seriously, there are so many red flags that they are insolvent, have been hacked, or are pulling an exit scam (least likely in my opinion). There really is nothing other than to do other than wait for the withdrawal to happen. But if either a hack or they are insolvent is the case, they are most likely using / waiting new deposits or trading fees to facilitate awaiting transfers that are too big.
I am moving my bitcoins to Bittrex after this. Poloniex support is a shit. I knew people that holds more than 500 BTC there, they're crazy. 
clarkgeneral86

Activity: 1043
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:52:57 PM

I am moving my bitcoins to Bittrex after this. Poloniex support is a shit. I knew people that holds more than 500 BTC there, they're crazy. 
I'm using bittrex. I out Poloniex because customer service not response. when i withdraw btc from poloniex then show as awaiting aproval and no any customer support reply on ticket.
setpsw

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:07:53 PM

I'm using bittrex. I out Poloniex because customer service not response. when i withdraw btc from poloniex then show as awaiting aproval and no any customer support reply on ticket.

Totally agree with you, I left polo few days ago. They are don't care about users that's the point. There are many exchanges in the crypto world.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 05:58:40 AM

Why Poloniex randomly holds withdrawals and deposits? I am sick of this happenning. I have 0,4 BTC in approval for withdrawl since 5 days ago and they never answer support. Do you guys know If there is another thin I can do?

Poloniex has basically been a broken site for a long while now and a lot of people, including me, have been warning people about not depositing into poloniex until all their issues are resolved. Seems like though that a lot of people have missed out on the info.

Main issue with poloniex is that they seems to randomly seize withdrawals and put them in awaiting approval, and the support is just horrible. Nobody is going to respond to you if you try to ask them what is going on with your withdrawal, absolutely no one.

Unfortunately i really don't think that there is anything you can do apart from trying to "spam" their support with requests and hoping that they do respond one day. You might end up waiting weeks or even months, though Take this as a lesson, don't use any exchanges with outstanding scam accusations.

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:05:28 AM

The thing about Poloniex is that they have an automated system that flags withdraws for several reasons. Things like having a lvl1 account, no 2FA enabled, password recently reset, going over your daily limit etc. can flag your transaction for manual approval. Their userbase exploded this year, likely resulting in a lot more submitted tickets and flagged transactions. People submit several tickets per day about the same issue, resulting in a work overload for their employees. They are under-staffed and work keeps piling up. They need to get their shit together before they lose all of their new customers.

Enable 2FA to slim down the odds of getting flagged.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:21:30 AM

The thing about Poloniex is that they have an automated system that flags withdraws for several reasons. Things like having a lvl1 account, no 2FA enabled, password recently reset, going over your daily limit etc. can flag your transaction for manual approval. Their userbase exploded this year, likely resulting in a lot more submitted tickets and flagged transactions. People submit several tickets per day about the same issue, resulting in a work overload for their employees. They are under-staffed and work keeps piling up. They need to get their shit together before they lose all of their new customers.

If this is true then that explains why some people are always getting issues with poloniex and others never seems to have any issues. And sometimes we mislabel this event as selectively scamming by poloniex.

However, even if this is *supposed* to be good for the user, it's actually doing more harm, in my opinion. If they are going to continue to offer this automated flagging system then either a) make it optional or b) hire more support crew to resolve tickets.

The thing is, they have got rid of all the moderators on chat to train them to become support. But the situation doesn't seem to be improving much.

It's probably time for people to switch to another exchange like Bittrex until all this is sorted out...
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:44:46 AM

If this is true then that explains why some people are always getting issues with poloniex and others never seems to have any issues. And sometimes we mislabel this event as selectively scamming by poloniex.

However, even if this is *supposed* to be good for the user, it's actually doing more harm, in my opinion. If they are going to continue to offer this automated flagging system then either a) make it optional or b) hire more support crew to resolve tickets.

The thing is, they have got rid of all the moderators on chat to train them to become support. But the situation doesn't seem to be improving much.

It's probably time for people to switch to another exchange like Bittrex until all this is sorted out...

I had 2 withdraws stuck for a few weeks but they did get processed. I can imagine that the process of hiring more employees is difficult. Their employees have access to a lot of personal details so they want to make sure they can be trusted.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:16:01 AM

You know to keep the solution very simple,why not just stop using the service when you're not satisfied with it ? Every week or so they have a accusation against them for not processing the withdrawals on time.Eventually after couple of weeks,they get solved but what's the point of waiting if you don't have access to your funds in time ? I've moved on from Polo a while ago.
Lipe490 (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:01:58 PM

You know to keep the solution very simple,why not just stop using the service when you're not satisfied with it ? Every week or so they have a accusation against them for not processing the withdrawals on time.Eventually after couple of weeks,they get solved but what's the point of waiting if you don't have access to your funds in time ? I've moved on from Polo a while ago.
My issue was solved. Moved to Bittrex thanks God! Poloniex never again!
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:12:12 PM

Take a look at and start supporting Supernets barterdex.

A fully decentralised, trustless exchange with atomic swaps.  Having someone else holding and controlling your coins could soon be a thing of the past.
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:28:53 AM

That seems to be the norm these days.

Should have done your due diligence before you deposited into their site. If you just browsed through the "exchanges" section and the scam accusation sections of this forum you will quickly realise that poloniex is completely unresponsive with their support.

I agree with thenewanon, i think that the problem is due to them being short handed on staff, or there is a liquidity issue. Probably both, tbh.

Nothing you can do apart from waiting patiently. It'll take some time though, trust me.
Lipe490 (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:35:52 AM

Should have done your due diligence before you deposited into their site. If you just browsed through the "exchanges" section and the scam accusation sections of this forum you will quickly realise that poloniex is completely unresponsive with their support.

I agree with thenewanon, i think that the problem is due to them being short handed on staff, or there is a liquidity issue. Probably both, tbh.

Nothing you can do apart from waiting patiently. It'll take some time though, trust me.
I don't know how but suddenly my withdrawal was approved. Maybe this thread helped, I will never know.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:43:02 AM

I don't know how but suddenly my withdrawal was approved. Maybe this thread helped, I will never know.

Most likely not. Poloniex isn't one of these companies who have an active presence on bitcointalk forum. But it's good that your withdrawal got approved - did they say anything via support, or is your ticket still answered and your withdrawal just went through without notice?

I had 2 withdraws stuck for a few weeks but they did get processed. I can imagine that the process of hiring more employees is difficult. Their employees have access to a lot of personal details so they want to make sure they can be trusted.

That's not an excuse... They've been having problems for at least since April-may, which is around a 3 month timeframe at the least for them to sort out there issues and get their shit together. The trollbox has been gone for at least 2 months as well now.

The thing is you can only hope for the best, if your withdrawal is not flagged then all is good, but it is, it all depends on luck.
krungthep

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:31:03 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2017, 05:25:19 PM by krungthep

I have 2FA enabled, but they are still holding an Eth deposit I made two weeks ago, with thousands of confirmations. No reply from support either. I can't see any reason for this other than they want to steal funds from customers. I swear never to use Poloniex again.

I found some names of managers at Poloniex:
Curtis Hale, general manager
Tristan D'Agosta, Founder
Anthony Eufemio, Founder
Mick D @MickD CXO
bxipp

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:55:17 AM

i can see many peoples on twitter claiming their withdrawal are stuck pending or whatever. they have new support twitter just for customer that have an issues with their withdrawal. you should check it out on twitter. anyway i have no problem till now using their platform. i hope it will not happen or i will leave them also.
krungthep

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:21:58 PM

i can see many peoples on twitter claiming their withdrawal are stuck pending or whatever. they have new support twitter just for customer that have an issues with their withdrawal. you should check it out on twitter. anyway i have no problem till now using their platform. i hope it will not happen or i will leave them also.

Really? I only know @poloniex that is not very active, but it is true that many people try to contact them using that Twitter account, just because their support is useless and there's no other way of contacting them. There is also @MickD (CXO at Poloniex)
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:23:48 PM

Yes i am aware of that, there are a lof of complaints about Poloniex at the moment, that is why i stopped using that exchanger. I recommend you to use cryptopia, its a nice exchanger and it has a lof ot altcoins to trade if you wanna diversify a little bit more.
By the way, poloniex is not being so safe at the moment.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: