Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:46:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Since the fork have bitcoin transaction times sped up significantly?  (Read 309 times)
keithers (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:36:51 PM

Hey everyone, I just want to throw the question out there since I don't make that many outgoing transactions from my bitcoin wallets. I am mainly long in all my wallets. Have bitcoin transactions sped up significantly since the fork? 

I just logged into one of my wallets and it said that a transaction with a "regular" fee set would take 1+ hour to confirm.  Wasn't one of the main points of  the whole point of the fork to speed help speed up transaction times?
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:10:06 PM

Hey everyone, I just want to throw the question out there since I don't make that many outgoing transactions from my bitcoin wallets. I am mainly long in all my wallets. Have bitcoin transactions sped up significantly since the fork? 

I just logged into one of my wallets and it said that a transaction with a "regular" fee set would take 1+ hour to confirm.  Wasn't one of the main points of  the whole point of the fork to speed help speed up transaction times?
For Bitcoin, the answer is No.

For Bitcoin Cash, the answer is yes. Charges on BTC are ridiculously low currently. Confirmation times will be quicker as the mining difficulty is being adjusted.
ArchtopBlues

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:00:56 PM

No

BTC - Segwit is not activated yet.

BCH - a lot less miner power
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:06:33 PM

I was expecting that the fork will bring to us the faster speed of transactions and lower fees, but as I ascertained today nothing changed. Can somebody explain me all pluses of the fork then, cause of I don't feel the difference? Thank you!
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:22:26 PM

I was expecting that the fork will bring to us the faster speed of transactions and lower fees, but as I ascertained today nothing changed. Can somebody explain me all pluses of the fork then, cause of I don't feel the difference? Thank you!

You can read about the forked coin here.

It's difficult for bitcoin to have faster transactions speeds as they have always and still are instant. Confirmation time is unchanged between forks. BCC chain has slower confirmations because they have the same difficult but less hashrate
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: