Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:12:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which coin(s) thread(s) do you think should be deleted?
YAK - 2 (2.3%)
RYC - 3 (3.5%)
ELC - 2 (2.3%)
BTB - 2 (2.3%)
FTC - 3 (3.5%)
FTC2 - 22 (25.6%)
PWC - 1 (1.2%)
GMC - 1 (1.2%)
DBC - 0 (0%)
GLD - 1 (1.2%)
MNC - 2 (2.3%)
CNC - 3 (3.5%)
SuperCoin - 5 (5.8%)
JKC - 3 (3.5%)
ANC(All New Coins) - 18 (20.9%)
WDC - 2 (2.3%)
SunRiseCoin - 3 (3.5%)
TenCoin - 0 (0%)
None - 6 (7%)
MMSC(Make More Shit Coins) - 7 (8.1%)
Total Voters: 86

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin threads that should be deleted?  (Read 1189 times)
Simran (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 09:55:28 PM

This is ridiculous, and these ignorant waste of time developers are just making these coins to make a quick buck. Have you noticed that the genesis block is the biggest fucking block in the entire chain?

Anyways, here's a poll, show me what you guys think about these new shit coins.

Vote away.

If there are any new coins I missed, please let me know so I can add it to the poll.

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:07:56 PM

Poll only allows one answer. Could you make it so it accepts multiple choices? Since I'd like to see half the crapcoins on this list purged from the face of the Earth...
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 10:08:22 PM

Poll only allows one answer. Could you make it so it accepts multiple choices? Since I'd like to see half the crapcoins on this list purged from the face of the Earth...

Sure!

*Image Removed*
zero3112

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:08:37 PM

I am already so sick of powercoin.

zerodrama

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:08:48 PM

FTC and MNC are going places.

The rest should be marked as scam or recreational.

EASY CALCULATION FOR TRADES: 1 Million is 1x10e6. 1 Satoshi is 1x10e-8. 1 M sat is 1x10e-2. 100 M sat is 1. If 1 herpcoin = 100 derptoshi then
1 M herpcoin @ 001 derptoshi = 0.01 derpcoin, 1 M herpcoin @ 100 derptoshi = 1.00 derpcoin
Post Scarcity Economics thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3773185
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 10:09:41 PM

Damn! Doesn't let me allow people to vote more than once! :\

*Image Removed*
syn999

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:09:55 PM

all new ones after RYC

Giskard

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:10:49 PM

Add an option for 'None'. Some people might want all of them to stay  Smiley
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 10:11:49 PM

Add an option for 'None'. Some people might want all of them to stay  Smiley

They don't have to vote.  But ok.

*Image Removed*
Barnacle_Ed

Activity: 271

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:12:27 PM

I am sad Barnacle Embarrassed

Anyways. My vote is for "anything that's an obvious copy of an existing branch". FTC2 is obviously the worst offender, but CNC, BTB, BTE, the original FTC, and plenty others here also fail this check. There really ought to be some sort of DRY principle for cryptocoin development.
r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:16:55 PM

TenCoin is still a discussion so I don't think it's needs to be deleted.
larkstongues

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:17:12 PM

This is ridiculous, and these ignorant waste of time developers are just making these coins to make a quick buck. Have you noticed that the genesis block is the biggest fucking block in the entire chain?

Vote away.

If there are any new coins I missed, please let me know so I can add it to the poll.

While I mostly agree with you on the general topic of last days altcoin releases; I cannot shake the impression that you are either new on the internet or just TROLLING HARD. You want to delete threads because you think they are a waste of time?

pm for tech support
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 10:18:37 PM

Vote away.

While I mostly agree with you on the general topic of last days altcoin releases; I cannot shake the impression that you are either new on the internet or just TROLLING HARD. You want to delete threads because you think they are a waste of time?

Your image didn't load, but these coins are ruining the section and ecosystem of the market simply because the developers want to make a quick buck by mining a large genesis block and then selling them off.

*Image Removed*
larkstongues

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:25:59 PM

Your image didn't load, but these coins are ruining the section and ecosystem of the market simply because the developers want to make a quick buck by mining a large genesis block and then selling them off.

Screw google images... However, so you think deleting threads will prevent "developers" from doing this kind of stuff? This is the internet. These kind of things regulate themselves. Also the ecosystem is already strong enough to endure these things, and it must be.

pm for tech support
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 10:31:16 PM

Screw google images... However, so you think deleting threads will prevent "developers" from doing this kind of stuff? This is the internet. These kind of things regulate themselves. Also the ecosystem is already strong enough to endure these things, and it must be.

The only reason why they gain traction is because of this forum. I know 3 other coins that were never posted here and never got so much attention. The section is the reason why the new coins are even mined.

*Image Removed*
efx

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:36:09 PM

I am sad Barnacle Embarrassed

Anyways. My vote is for "anything that's an obvious copy of an existing branch". FTC2 is obviously the worst offender, but CNC, BTB, BTE, the original FTC, and plenty others here also fail this check. There really ought to be some sort of DRY principle for cryptocoin development.

Agreed!
larkstongues

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:43:38 PM

The only reason why they gain traction is because of this forum. I know 3 other coins that were never posted here and never got so much attention. The section is the reason why the new coins are even mined.

This is most likely true; however, say in the future new altcoin thread submissions will be allowed only after a mod has positively reviewed them. What would that change? People would host alternative boards and the word would spread very fast. Nothing would change. After the idea of making a quick buck with a cheap bit-/litecoin copies was posted on this very board it was already too late.
Altcoins are being released now on a daily basis, but there's a limit to how long this can go on and it will eventually decrease and then stagnate.

pm for tech support
Simran (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 10:49:32 PM

This is most likely true; however, say in the future new altcoin thread submissions will only be allowed after a mod has positively reviewed them. What would that change? People would host alternative boards and the word would spread very fast. Nothing would change. After the idea of making a quick buck with a cheap bit-/litecoin copy was posted on this very board it was already too late.
Altcoins are being released now on a daily basis, but there's a limit to how long this can go on and it will eventually decrease and then stagnate.

If the coins are posted in another forum, they will never gain traction until they hit this section.

*Image Removed*
zerodrama

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:49:57 PM

I love how so many people want to hate on alts after all the hate that got poured on LTC.

There's a simple solution which is what FTC is looking to do with their alt section:
http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?topic=466.msg3725#msg3725

BTE is trying to use multiple crypto algos in case SHA256 or scrypt ever have vulns. Plus subchains which could be pretty damned cool.
FTC is the most active community I have ever SEEN. And LTC used to be that way.
CNC has no community.

I don't use coins because I think the coin is the best. This is really rather superficial. I use coins because they have the BEST COMMUNITY behind them.
LTC is GPU tweak coin.
BTC is I WANNA BE YOUR GOLD BABY coin. AKA I'm not really pushing the envelope coin.

Also keep an eye on BTC developers and cheerleaders who are starting to kowtow to the system.

EASY CALCULATION FOR TRADES: 1 Million is 1x10e6. 1 Satoshi is 1x10e-8. 1 M sat is 1x10e-2. 100 M sat is 1. If 1 herpcoin = 100 derptoshi then
1 M herpcoin @ 001 derptoshi = 0.01 derpcoin, 1 M herpcoin @ 100 derptoshi = 1.00 derpcoin
Post Scarcity Economics thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3773185
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:50:43 PM

This is most likely true; however, say in the future new altcoin thread submissions will only be allowed after a mod has positively reviewed them. What would that change? People would host alternative boards and the word would spread very fast. Nothing would change. After the idea of making a quick buck with a cheap bit-/litecoin copy was posted on this very board it was already too late.

If the coins are posted in another forum, they will never gain traction until they hit this section.

Only for you and the likes of you to post more crap threads like this.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: