Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:29:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which coin(s) thread(s) do you think should be deleted?
YAK - 2 (2.3%)
RYC - 3 (3.5%)
ELC - 2 (2.3%)
BTB - 2 (2.3%)
FTC - 3 (3.5%)
FTC2 - 22 (25.6%)
PWC - 1 (1.2%)
GMC - 1 (1.2%)
DBC - 0 (0%)
GLD - 1 (1.2%)
MNC - 2 (2.3%)
CNC - 3 (3.5%)
SuperCoin - 5 (5.8%)
JKC - 3 (3.5%)
ANC(All New Coins) - 18 (20.9%)
WDC - 2 (2.3%)
SunRiseCoin - 3 (3.5%)
TenCoin - 0 (0%)
None - 6 (7%)
MMSC(Make More Shit Coins) - 7 (8.1%)
Total Voters: 86

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin threads that should be deleted?  (Read 1189 times)
larkstongues

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:52:11 PM

If the coins are posted in another forum, they will never gain traction until they hit this section.

Okay, I surrender... Roll Eyes

pm for tech support
Simran (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 10:53:37 PM

The only reason why they gain traction is because of this forum. I know 3 other coins that were never posted here and never got so much attention. The section is the reason why the new coins are even mined.

This is most likely true; however, say in the future new altcoin thread submissions will only be allowed after a mod has positively reviewed them. What would that change? People would host alternative boards and the word would spread very fast. Nothing would change. After the idea of making a quick buck with a cheap bit-/litecoin copy was posted on this very board it was already too late.
Altcoins are being released now on a daily basis, but there's a limit to how long this can go on and it will eventually decrease and then stagnate.

If the coins are posted in another forum, they will never gain traction until they hit this section.

Only for you and the likes of you to post more crap threads like this.

Says the member that joined like 3 weeks ago. LOL. I've been around here longer than what you have mined in your entire life.

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
efx

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:53:50 PM

^ Indeed, it's mostly the idiotic new users who are getting pulled into this mess and then 1) trying to pull in others with useless spam posts and 2) crying when they get burnt.

'BTE is trying to use multiple crypto algos in case SHA256 or scrypt ever have vulns.'

BTE has no developer skill behind it.

'Trying' is the important modifier in that sentence. I promise you, anyone that is capable of implementing that feature is not going to be interested in working on bte. If you recall, RUC is currently the only coin to implemented a dual algorithm system and it took them a very long time, even with developers that are actually somewhat competent.
zerodrama

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:58:55 PM

Being a bad coder doesn't make a coin trash. Being a developer who disappears does.

USE TEH SOURCE, LOOK!

EASY CALCULATION FOR TRADES: 1 Million is 1x10e6. 1 Satoshi is 1x10e-8. 1 M sat is 1x10e-2. 100 M sat is 1. If 1 herpcoin = 100 derptoshi then
1 M herpcoin @ 001 derptoshi = 0.01 derpcoin, 1 M herpcoin @ 100 derptoshi = 1.00 derpcoin
Post Scarcity Economics thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3773185
zerodrama

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:03:09 PM

^ Indeed, it's mostly the idiotic new users who are getting pulled into this mess and then 1) trying to pull in others with useless spam posts and 2) crying when they get burnt.

'BTE is trying to use multiple crypto algos in case SHA256 or scrypt ever have vulns.'

BTE has no developer skill behind it.

'Trying' is the important modifier in that sentence. I promise you, anyone that is capable of implementing that feature is not going to be interested in working on bte. If you recall, RUC is currently the only coin to implemented a dual algorithm system and it took them a very long time, even with developers that are actually somewhat competent.

We could also argue that the failure to modularize bitcoin functionality is the real culprit. Compare bitcoin to the absolutely beautiful libbitcoin and you'll see what I mean.

Why should we need surgeons to add functions that really involve nothing more than library calls and a way of relating the work of one function to the other? How many hashes is scrypt worth versus SHA256 on the same hardware? That's the only calculation you really need. Or for that matter cryptos like tiger.

EASY CALCULATION FOR TRADES: 1 Million is 1x10e6. 1 Satoshi is 1x10e-8. 1 M sat is 1x10e-2. 100 M sat is 1. If 1 herpcoin = 100 derptoshi then
1 M herpcoin @ 001 derptoshi = 0.01 derpcoin, 1 M herpcoin @ 100 derptoshi = 1.00 derpcoin
Post Scarcity Economics thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3773185
skyhigh2004

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:48:17 PM

The only reason why they gain traction is because of this forum. I know 3 other coins that were never posted here and never got so much attention. The section is the reason why the new coins are even mined.

This is most likely true; however, say in the future new altcoin thread submissions will only be allowed after a mod has positively reviewed them. What would that change? People would host alternative boards and the word would spread very fast. Nothing would change. After the idea of making a quick buck with a cheap bit-/litecoin copy was posted on this very board it was already too late.
Altcoins are being released now on a daily basis, but there's a limit to how long this can go on and it will eventually decrease and then stagnate.

Only for you and the likes of you to post more crap threads like this.

Seriously?  Everytime I log in here I see a new coin and realize what a joke the crypto world is becoming.  I guess all you have to do now is change some lines of code, premine the shit out of said coin, then release it to the masses knowing full well you have no clue on how to further develope said new coin so after the newness is over you just leave all the newbies that bought your scam coins out to dry with a unmaintained coin.  Its turning into a joke.  Some new coins actually have some development and a decent community to back them so at least you don't mine them for nothing, just next to nothing. 

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
RustyShackleford1950

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 07:29:14 AM

YAK
RYC
ELC
FTC