Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:39:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BCH sent to BCT address- money now lost! Help!  (Read 1556 times)
FrenchBTC

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:29:00 PM

Unbelievable answer for sure in which they really confirm they could BUT they don't have enough time/ressource !...

Keep that email that could help you recover your money...

And I would also recommend to you to "make noise" about that on different forums or social websites (reddit for ex), they don't like this for sure...and it could really help them finding someone taking 15' solving your problem...

Hello ! Would like to learn more about BTC...
junaid00000

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:09:39 AM

i got the same problem with kraken, its kraken fault their system shows the option to send bch to btc address why? i did that selected the option to send bch to btc account 100% authentic of sister, but lost the coins. spoke to kraken they said talk to coinbase, wrote to coinbase but they are not interested at all, they said read FAQ..
is there complaint i can make to get my money back from these robbers
junaid00000

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:27:32 AM

i wrote to kraken again that why their system showed me to send bch to btc address and showed me the amount of btc that will be transferred after converting.
can they steal my money just like this
Oo ako to

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:36:24 AM

It's better to forget it my friend and like kraken.com said that it will be a reminder for you to never commit such mistakes again because your are fighting a battle that is already lost from the start.
DibiaVxosis

Activity: 187

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:38:58 AM

i have a mistake when Sent bitcoin to bitcoin cash address, i cant get my bitcoin back. Sorry for you, but your bitcoin is gone.

roboshark

Activity: 109

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:46:50 AM

I think I saw an ad about a group while ago which were recovering lost BTC's for some money.
Maybe should google that, maybe they can recover Cash also.

otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:53:28 AM

You may never recover your money ever! Your BCH is going! You will do yourself a lots of favour by moving. Instead of spending so much time in trying to recover it, use the same time amount of time to earn the money lost. Money can be replace, but time can not.

dangful

Activity: 210

Decentralized Jet-Stream Encrypted Multi-Media Dev

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 06:56:43 AM

You've lost it forever and next time you should be careful on every transaction. That's what Bitcoin Gold unique because you cannot send Bitcoin gold to Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash because the address format is different.

Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 06:57:59 AM

This happens lot many times that even I was scared as experienced in crypto.
So always double or even triple check addresses. I think you won't recover it, it is gone yeah.
dangful

Activity: 210

Decentralized Jet-Stream Encrypted Multi-Media Dev

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 07:04:13 AM

I think I saw an ad about a group while ago which were recovering lost BTC's for some money.
Maybe should google that, maybe they can recover Cash also.

I think nobody can retrieve coins when lost in any Cryptocurrency and that's what made Cryptocurrency unique. When you lost your wallet or private keys or any kind of Cryptocurrency access is truly disaster.

FrenchBTC

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:03:07 PM

Hi,

What I don't understand is : where are these BCH really !???

If you try a transfert a transfer from a BCH adress to a BTC one, why do u have a "success" notice transfer from Kraken !???

I really need more information to understand blockchains...If the transfer occured, then these BCH must be somewhere, no ?? These BCH are not lost for everyone...It's too easy for the receving exchange to say I can't do anything...

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:43:46 PM

Hi,

What I don't understand is : where are these BCH really !???

Exactly where you sent them.

If you try a transfert a transfer from a BCH adress to a BTC one, why do u have a "success" notice transfer from Kraken !???

Because they have successfully sent them to the address you asked them to send to.

I really need more information to understand blockchains...If the transfer occured, then these BCH must be somewhere, no ??

Yes.  They are exactly where they were sent to.

These BCH are not lost for everyone...

That depends on what you mean by "lost".

If the recipient refuses to help you, then you're going to have a difficult time accessing that money.

It's too easy for the receving exchange to say I can't do anything...

Yep.  You can try and use courts and law to force the recipient to do something. That's likely to be expensive and might not be successful.  Are you willing to risk that cost?
FrenchBTC

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:54:46 PM

Hi DannyHamilton,

And thanks for your answer.

Fortunately it did not happen yet to me (I triple, quadruple or more check adresses before I sent any coin...i does not mean it could not occur to me !...)...

But I really dislike that because from what I understand, you also confirm the receiving exchange has everything it nedds to use that amount of BCH...so finally what you say is that the receiving exchange just steals the coins if it does not decide to help his customer...

junaid00000

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:51:40 AM

yes be careful with COINBASE specially, they charge heavy fee for transaction but would not miss the opportunity to steal your money
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:02:49 AM

This problem is only going to worse with Bitcoin Gold ... and if Bitcoin 2X, Bitcoin Silver, Bitcoin Diamond ever become "a thing".  It sucks, but if it wasn't an exchange, you can probably recover the money through private keys.  Exchanges screw you over, and honestly, they probably go through occasionally and clean out these misdirected private keys....
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: