Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:37:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens after 21 Million mined BTC?  (Read 1930 times)
Giapmanhdong

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:47:02 AM

They will occupy large amounts of bitcoin
Mahanton

Activity: 2744
Merit: 633

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:50:41 AM

Here's a question I have had for a while, it might be a noob question but always wondered, tried using the search function but it would time out each time.
Currently, there are 16.5~ million BTC in circulation, with a max supply of 21 Million.
What is going to happen when all coins are mined? Not solely meaning on how the price is going to be affected.
You shouldnt really be worried at all since the last bitcoin supply would be mined would be on 2100+ year and its way to far if we do see the current year but answering your question if supply is all being mined already then the price would really be expected to be affected and lets say the 21 m do already circulate on the chain and theres a lot of demands of bitcoin then for sure value of it will surge up.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:10:49 AM

Here's a question I have had for a while, it might be a noob question but always wondered, tried using the search function but it would time out each time.
Currently, there are 16.5~ million BTC in circulation, with a max supply of 21 Million.
What is going to happen when all coins are mined? Not solely meaning on how the price is going to be affected.
Here everything will remain same even after the complete of 21 million . Because thr main factor is here the demand , if demand will increase and supply will get stopped then surely there will be only one way that is increase in the price of the bitcoin , so here most of the people will buy and sell bitcoin at high price and for thr mining industry will be better because the miners will.make direct earnings by direct fee share with the network , so surely the future of thr bitcoin with the limit of 21 millions is advantageous for everyone .
But still here a big thing that i readed in a article where it was mentioned that to reach at the 21 millions can take 40-50 years and till that new new things ( experiment ) will.be made by the team to solve this problem of limit and make morr earnings .
And also here in the market therr are some coins ( for example tcc ) which have already all the coins mined and thuer numbers are limited in the market , so you can understand how the network team owner are making money with the transaction fee .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
Katashi

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:00:45 AM

In my own opinion, i think bitcoin will rise up more than everyone could imagine. Since in basic law of supply and demand i think when it reaches the 21 million limit for mining, the demand for bitcoin will be more. So basically the price will be going up. This is why billgates and the creator of mcafee roots for the rise of the bitcoin price.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit InvestBox| 
BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY
🏆
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:03:00 AM

In my own opinion, i think bitcoin will rise up more than everyone could imagine. Since in basic law of supply and demand i think when it reaches the 21 million limit for mining, the demand for bitcoin will be more. So basically the price will be going up. This is why billgates and the creator of mcafee roots for the rise of the bitcoin price.
In fact, the structure of bitcoin itself already contains a high price for this coin. Of course, with the increase in demand, Bitcoin will rise in price unequivocally, and we see today these examples. That's just wondering what happens when the mining ends and Bitcoin is fully mined. Will this affect the stability of its price or not?
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 05:11:11 AM

Okay, essentially what will happen is that bitcoin will enter into a deflationary phase unless some sort of hard fork is imposed(however i do not think that anyone will be interested in supporting a hard fork that basically destroys bitcoin's most valuable asset - a hard cap.).

Reason being is that although technically bitcoins will never be able to reach 21 million, and the block reward will just be infinitely smaller every single halving, by the time that block rewards are smaller than, say 0.001 BTC the amount of bitcoins lost from people passing away without a will, sending to wrong addresses will far outweigh the newly generated coins. Miners will have to rely on transaction fees to make a living.

Price will go up or stabilize as supply will stagnate or even drop but demand will either stabilize or go up further.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:27:57 AM

I believe that there is a huge misconception to the idea that bitcoin needs to have a block reward to survive. But this is not the case, and in my opinion block reward is already gradually decreasing from the #1 spot for miner's earnings, and this will only accelerate.

When bitcoin gets close to 21 million then block reward is obviously under 0.01 BTC or even less. So how will miners profit? It's simple, people's transaction fees will just go to the miners, and very little newly generated coins are popping up.

This is why when say, bitcoin reaches 20 million coins i believe that the price will skyrocket. It's no longer easily created, like the good old days. Competition is going to be up, difficulty is going to be up, and price is going to be up to compensate miners.
User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:33:24 AM

Thats why the difficulty goes up, to make it harder to mine some blocks. Furthermore the reward per mined block gets halved every lets say ~4 years.

Just compare it to gold, lets say there is X amount of gold mined right now. If the demand for gold goes up a mining firm can buy some machines to dig for gold, and they will do so if it is profitable. Maby in 20 years there is new cheaper and better equipment and it gets profitable again.

I think if we come close to 21million mined btc, we have to give rewards to the nodes and the miners will be paid by only the tx fee and not the block reward anymore.

[could be your ad]
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:30:23 AM

Well... I have this doubt as well. The mining stops by 2140 (perhaps much before that, because the mining rewards are ridiculously smaller as we nears the 22nd century AD). So without the miners, how the transactions can be relayed?
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 12:48:46 PM

The mined 21 Million will be on the cycle because of the market, the market of bitcoin is an exchange site and it only do is to be the bridge for buyers and sellers, so if you want to buy and sell bitcoin then you go to that and because of that, the supply of bitcoin keeps on circulating so the demand of the buyers are being well sustain so there is no problem even the 21 Million will be mined out.
TheFriends

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:13:40 PM

Ends the inflation of the Bitcoin, will not be created any Bitcoin above the 21 million, in reality the circulation there is less, because people lose coins, and the miners are going to live with transactions fee.

If interested in high quality translations English-Portuguese please contact me via privat message or send an email to thefriendspt@gmail.com
Telegram: @thefriendspt
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:55:45 PM

After all Bitcoins be mined, will the miners continue existing? Will they continue processing the transactions doing the same job they do now? And if it becomes worthless for them what will happen with transactions, who will process it?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:03:18 PM

Nothing will happen. What happens to gold if it will become an achiever? People will only use what they have. The price on this will only grow. The same situation will happen with bitcoin. The price in the future will only grow.
Gunawan82

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:21:16 PM

Do not know what the bitcoin price is, I'm sure it will exceed everyone's expectations, but it will be very difficult to get it.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:23:23 PM

When bitcoin has finished at 21 million I think the bitcoin price will increase drastically. The need for bitcoin becomes more phenomenal and can make bitcoin beyond any valuable item. Maybe in the future 1 piece satoshi very meaningful. So that bitcoin will be used by many financial systems in the world.
webmastax

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:24:45 PM

I'm not really concerned about reaching 21M btc.. For sure i'll not be alive.
But still interesting question  Huh

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:27:20 PM

As far as i know, bitcoins can never be fully mined off. I mean, it will always be slitting half by half, which mean it can go to infinity. But if we take moment, and think like it can stop, i guess that would be it. There would be fixed amount of bitcoin out there and that would be it. Price would be set with similar standards. But i can not be sure about anything, this is just my opinion.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 05:15:07 PM

I don't think anything is going to happen after 21 million mined Bitcoin, or maybe something might happen.
But I've always believed that the mining goes on even if it reaches 21 million. And what else?...from what others are saying, miners might as well get tired of it, all because of a low fees/profits.
Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 05:38:41 PM

They never really get fully mined, the reward keeps halving and there is a smaller supply per block constantly, until it gets to something like the last satoshi/block and then all will be mined. But that's probably >120 years from now. Hypothetically the price should keep going up with the production cost, otherwise miners will have to leave as it becomes too expensive compared to the reward, the difficulty goes down and more people mine for cheap.

Blocks will just reward fees. There will be no other reward at that point iirc.

indeed the subsidies will end up.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply

I just wonder what will happens when we reach block 682500 or something ...

I was thinking about an analogy with Interrupt coalescing ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interrupt_coalescing ) ...Operating system schedulers typically define a “period” in which every program is guaranteed to run at least a little bit, with the system giving a “slice” of that period to each program.

The more programs are running, the smaller those slices become, and the more context switches are happening every period, maintaining responsiveness at the cost of throughput. (In Linux, for instance, this minimum useful slice turns out to be about three-quarters of a millisecond, but in humans it might realistically be at least several minutes.)

Roll Eyes

Patent1number: ****-****
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: