Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:19:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] [US] 3 Mining Rigs for Sale - 26 Cards - 18 RX 470 & 8 RX 580 -$10,500  (Read 531 times)
Tummler (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 07:35:18 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2017, 07:55:27 PM by Tummler

I have an extended out-of-town business trip coming up, and my wife is not quite ready to assume the responsibility of CTO. All three rigs have been rock solid running smOS, often experiencing weeks of uninterrupted up time.

This sale includes everything necessary to run the rigs, excluding the rack. The sale also includes the original boxes for all components.

3 - MSI Z170A GAMING M5 Intel Mobos
3 - Intel Core i3-6100 SkyLake 3.7 GHz LGA 1151 Processor
4 - 8GB 4GB DDR4-2133
3 - Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt 80 Plus Platinum Modular ATX Power Supply
1 - Corsair AX860 860 Watt 80 Plus Platinum ATX Power Supply
1 - Corsair RM Series RM850 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold Modular ATX Power Supply
3 - USB Thumb Drives (used as drives for the rigs)
10 - MSI Gaming RX 470 4gb
8 - Sapphire Nitro RX 470 4gb
8 - MSI Gaming RX 580 4gb
26 - PCIe powered risers plus spares (all USB type)
3 - 1:3 powered PCIe splitters
1 - network switch
All cabling used in the rigs.

All 3 rigs are currently running in my basement, using simpleminingOS. SmOS is very easy to use and is designed to enable remote management and monitoring of the rigs with a simple web interface. The attached image is a screencap of the smOS web interface for my 3 rigs immediately before I posted this listing. I will walk you through the steps of setting this up.

I purchased all of the components new (mostly from Micro Center, Amazon and NewEgg), and all of the cards have been babied since new. All cards are running their stock vBIOS.

This listing does not include any HDDs, SSDs, or OSs. As I have already noted, I am running the rigs using smOS, which uses a USB thumb drive as its drive. smOS costs $2 per rig, per month. Setup is as easy as burning an image to a USB thumb drive, editing a text file to point to your email address, and registering your email with smOS.

With respect to cabling, I will include all cabling I am currently using to operate the rigs. I make no representations as to adequacy or safety of operating the rigs with the including cables. It is entirely possible you may find the included cables and PSUs inadequate given your desired level of safety. You are responsible for making the final determination with respect to safe operation, and if the included cables fall short in your opinion, you are responsible for purchasing additional cables and PSUs.

I also note that the two rigs running RX 470 cards each draw right at the maximum of the AX1200i PSU, and the rig running RX 580 cards draws over the maximum of this PSU. To address this, I use the AX860 860 RM850 PSUs to power some of the cards, using the "paper clip method" to trigger these PSUs that are not plugged into MOBOs. If you decided to run a modified vBIOS for the cards, you may be able reduce power consumption significantly and remove the need for the extra PSUs.

I am running 9 RX 470 cards per rig, and 8 RX 580 cards on the third rig. The third rig has one free PCIe slot. I brought the first rig with RX 470 cards online in March of 2017, the second rig with RX 470 cards in April of 2017, and the third rig with RX 580 cards in May of 2017. I note that the MSI and Sapphire RX 470 cards are indistinguishable with respect to performance.

Significant gains in hash rate and reduced power consumption may be realized from flashing the cards with a modified vBIOS, which is especially true for the RX 580s, but I have a time consuming day job, so I left the stock vBIOS to avoid the potential for complications.

The following is the total hash rate per rig, using smOS and Claymore 9.7 miner::

Rig 1 (9 RX 470): 232.85 mh/s
Rig 2 (9 RX 470): 232.81 mh/s
Rig 3 (8 RX 580): 191.12 mh/s

The cards are producing these hash rates using totally stock vBIOS with a software overlclocking. All of the RX 470 cards are currently hashing within .05 of each other, and the same goes for the RX 580 cards.

Items will be shipped via UPS Ground in the continental US only. I will accept payment via wire transfer, money order, BTC, or ETH. Items will be shipped only after the wire transfer or money order has cleared and cannot be reversed or, if paying with ETH or BTC, the transfer has been confirmed. I have also listed the rigs on eBay, but I didn't include a link to the listing because I am not sure what the forum's policies are with respect to linking to eBay listings. The listing is easy enough to find, and you will see that I have a 100% positive seller feedback.

I would be willing to consider using an escrow service, at buyer's expense.

If you happen to live within driving distance of Kansas City, I'll be happy to coordinate a time for you to pick up the rigs. If I need to ship the rigs, add $300 to the price. If the actual shipping price ends up being less than $300, I'll be happy to issue a refund for the difference.

https://i.imgur.com/jvYI8ZJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HvvlIY0.jpg
Tummler (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:34:59 PM

Bump
Jdope

Activity: 747
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:51:27 PM

Offer on the full rigs only?  I'm willing to take some the items but i can't handle all.
Tummler (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:20:20 PM

Offer on the full rigs only?  I'm willing to take some the items but i can't handle all.

Follow up with me in a couple days. I would prefer to sell it all at once, but if that doesn't happen, I may be willing to consider selling individual rigs.
a29654

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:24:58 PM

Can more gpus be fitted on the mobo?
Tummler (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:54:33 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2017, 02:31:46 AM by Tummler

Can more gpus be fitted on the mobo?

One rig has an open PCIe slot. As for whether you can run more than 9 cards per rig by using additional 1:3 PCIe splitter(s), I honestly don't know because I never tried it. I'll tell you what, if we get to the point in negotiations where you are ready to buy the rigs at an agreed upon price, but you need to know if you can run in excess if 9 cards before you pull the trigger, I'll do a test run for you by switching one of 1:3 splitters over to another rig.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:52:19 PM

I would offer $9300 for the lot if your interested.  I live in Olathe, so we can pick up the units, but would you potentially be available to help set them up if we make a deal, we could include an extra charge for the assistance with smOS and cabling set up?  I have not worked with multiple PSU's per rig before, so I want to make sure there won't be any issues and we can get setup and running with no problems.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:39:45 PM

I would offer $9300 for the lot if your interested.  I live in Olathe, so we can pick up the units, but would you potentially be available to help set them up if we make a deal, we could include an extra charge for the assistance with smOS and cabling set up?  I have not worked with multiple PSU's per rig before, so I want to make sure there won't be any issues and we can get setup and running with no problems.

just make sure you power the cards before the computer...

similar to an antminer on multiple psu's

I usually run the risers on the psu hooked up to the motherboard.

If you run multiple high power cards per sata connector it might fry them... <--old amd cards are bad at this... newer nvidia not so much.

2 bits
Tummler (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:44:02 PM

I would offer $9300 for the lot if your interested.  I live in Olathe, so we can pick up the units, but would you potentially be available to help set them up if we make a deal, we could include an extra charge for the assistance with smOS and cabling set up?  I have not worked with multiple PSU's per rig before, so I want to make sure there won't be any issues and we can get setup and running with no problems.

As the helpful poster just above me noted, running dual power supplies, much to my surprise, turned out to be a non-issue. I read plenty of people recounting how it was nothing but trouble, and I originally intended it to only be a stop-gap solution. Whether it is  due to the PSUs having good voltage control or just because I am lucking, I have not had a single issue with running dual PSUs. In fact, it has turned out to be nice from the perspective of savings in not needing to buy the extra large, extra expensive PSUs.

As for your offer, I have to admit that I saw you posting in another for sale thread where you mentioned you were located in Olathe, and I was hoping you would notice my listing. Avoiding the need to package everything up and ship it sounds awfully enticing, but $9,300 is a little below where I want to be. Given the benefits your offer entails (i.e., your location) I'm willing to go a little further than meeting you halfway. How about $9,700, and I will be happy to assist with setup.

If you need any help justifying the price to yourself, I think I mentioned in listing the that it includes extra risers. I haven't counted recently how many extra risers I have, but I believe I have 5 or more risers that I will throw in with the deal.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:53:03 PM

As the helpful poster just above me noted, running dual power supplies, much to my surprise, turned out to be a non-issue. I read plenty of people recounting how it was nothing but trouble, and I originally intended it to only be a stop-gap solution. Whether it is  due to the PSUs having good voltage control or just because I am lucking, I have not had a single issue with running dual PSUs. In fact, it has turned out to be nice from the perspective of savings in not needing to buy the extra large, extra expensive PSUs.

As for your offer, I have to admit that I saw you posting in another for sale thread where you mentioned you were located in Olathe, and I was hoping you would notice my listing. Avoiding the need to package everything up and ship it sounds awfully enticing, but $9,300 is a little below where I want to be. Given the benefits your offer entails (i.e., your location) I'm willing to go a little further than meeting you halfway. How about $9,700, and I will be happy to assist with setup.

If you need any help justifying the price to yourself, I think I mentioned in listing the that it includes extra risers. I haven't counted recently how many extra risers I have, but I believe I have 5 or more risers that I will throw in with the deal.

Let me confer with my partner and I will get back to you.  We would have to figure out something on our end as our partnership has about 9500 in btc and cash currently, and we want to keep a little just in case we need something.  Would you consider 9200 and a note for the remaining 500 to be paid over 3 months at 8% interest?  Obviously we would meet up, possibly have a beer and chat, and make sure you have everything needed to trust us, but I am just spitballing some alternative ideas.  Please let me know your thoughts.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Tummler (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:12:04 PM

Let me confer with my partner and I will get back to you.  We would have to figure out something on our end as our partnership has about 9500 in btc and cash currently, and we want to keep a little just in case we need something.  Would you consider 9200 and a note for the remaining 500 to be paid over 3 months at 8% interest?  Obviously we would meet up, possibly have a beer and chat, and make sure you have everything needed to trust us, but I am just spitballing some alternative ideas.  Please let me know your thoughts.

Sent you a PM.
Tummler (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:21:26 AM

SOLD! Thanks everyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: