Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:53:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGOX claim site is up  (Read 3006 times)
duran

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 12:55:26 PM

Duran, I think you upset people because you basically just made threats along the lines of "You disagree with me? Well oh gee your family lives at 165 Lincoln Ave? It sure would be a pity if they all accidentally died."

Def not threatening anyone. i removed the specifics from my original post. maybe a mod should fix the quotes. i mean the infos public but no reason to single anyone out. but you get the idea now. also sorry for cursing and not being more "adult"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LeFBI

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 02:39:59 PM

I am publicly pointing out security issues at the fault of mtgox, that could be used to find out the identities of users, their emails, take control of their finances, bank accounts, their forum account here, their facebook, whatever someone found useful. while mtgox leaves out the hacker had to of cracked the "impossible" salted password for the account that was hijacked and attempted to be emptied.
Nobody said it's impossible to crack unix_md5(). It's a matter of time and it's highly unlikely that if you use a secure password, that someone will crack it in a short time. Read up on bruteforce again, you have already shown your lack of knowledge about that topic in multiple threads now, so please stop talking about it.

Yes MtGox's database was leaked. But you can't blame them for lazy users who used a >weak< password and even worse used the very same weak password on multiple sites.
duran

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:24:31 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2011, 03:38:38 PM by duran

I am publicly pointing out security issues at the fault of mtgox, that could be used to find out the identities of users, their emails, take control of their finances, bank accounts, their forum account here, their facebook, whatever someone found useful. while mtgox leaves out the hacker had to of cracked the "impossible" salted password for the account that was hijacked and attempted to be emptied.
Nobody said it's impossible to crack unix_md5(). It's a matter of time and it's highly unlikely that if you use a secure password, that someone will crack it in a short time. Read up on bruteforce again, you have already shown your lack of knowledge about that topic in multiple threads now, so please stop talking about it.

Yes MtGox's database was leaked. But you can't blame them for lazy users who used a >weak< password and even worse used the very same weak password on multiple sites.
LOLOLOL! YOUR SO CAUGHT ON PASSWORDS! YOU DONT NEED PASSWORDS! I JUST NEED YOUR OLDEST NIECES NAME!

searched your username on the database. got your email. went to sign in to your email. "oops forgot my password" security question one. some googling and whatnot. so blame people for weak passwords. but should we also blame your niece for saying how awesome her uncle "lefbi" is on her twitter?

Edit: also mr security expert, this is the same way people got into sarah palins email on the same email provider and everyone was like LULZ WHY YOU CONDUCT SUCH IMPORTANT STUFF ON CRAPPY EMAIL? of course dude went to jail for posting it on 4chan. also i didnt access your account. but you might not want to have such ">weak<" account recovery questions.
Tijs

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 07:40:10 PM

Duran: It's not a challenge. Yes, it's true that most people's accounts, probably including mine, can easily be hacked. And, yes, you seem to have done this more often. Please stop publishing people's personal credentials here. While an interesting exercise, it doesn't really help the present discussion.

So, has anybody received any confirmations or replies to their claims?

LeFBI

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 08:44:24 PM

searched your username on the database. got your email. went to sign in to your email. "oops forgot my password" security question one. some googling and whatnot. so blame people for weak passwords. but should we also blame your niece for saying how awesome her uncle "lefbi" is on her twitter?
lol... it's still not MtGox fault if users use weak passwords AND easy to guess security questions on other sites.

So, has anybody received any confirmations or replies to their claims?
Nope, not yet.
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 08:50:51 PM

Shocked i cant believe that you guys just dox'ed that guy...... the poster who put up the original post edited the info out, but its still up in the posts where it was quoted....do the community a favor and erase the info out of the quoted posts as well....theres enough people getting hacked as-is.

and someone should inform kiba that he/she was dox'ed so they can change login info
minerX

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 11:25:07 PM

Shocked i cant believe that you guys just dox'ed that guy...... the poster who put up the original post edited the info out, but its still up in the posts where it was quoted....do the community a favor and erase the info out of the quoted posts as well....theres enough people getting hacked as-is.

and someone should inform kiba that he/she was dox'ed so they can change login info

Removed mine.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: