Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:01:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: U.S. residents no more Dwolla + MtGox now what?  (Read 4279 times)
New_Frontier (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:45:53 PM

Like many of you I was using Dwolla to transfer in MtGox & now that DHS shut all that down I'm wondering where everyone is going in the U.S. to get $$ into your accounts?  I'm thinking that CampBX might be a good option & it's EASY.  Speed, security, & simplicity is what I'm looking for.  Thanks guys! 
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:58:32 PM

I've never liked using Gox because of all their send me your birth records BS. Just do a Bank Wire direct to your BTC-e account and then buy btc. You could also use Liberty Reserve.

BTC-e is in the Republic of Bulgaria so I'm pretty sure they don't give a shit what the US gov does. LOL

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 10:59:39 PM

I'm keeping my money away from gox for now - just not worth the risk.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:10:02 PM

BTC-e is in the Republic of Bulgaria so I'm pretty sure they don't give a shit what the US gov does. LOL

BTC-e is susceptible to having the same fate that Mt. Gox had. As long as they continue to service US customers without following FINcen, it is not a matter of IF the US government will shut them down, it is a matter of WHEN the US government will shut them down.

The US government can freeze assets held all over the globe, there are very few countries' bank accounts they do not have the ability to seize, and I guarantee you Russia is not one of those countries.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:15:11 PM

I'm keeping my money away from gox for now - just not worth the risk.

This.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
pwi

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:23:40 PM

Campbx has been my exchange of choice since entering the bitcoin marketplace for reasons recently made obvious. Gox activity was limited to moving coin only. Sure, gox is more liquid, but I like for holders of my funds to play by the rules whether I choose to or not.

Buy my PS3 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216554.msg2282760#msg2282760

Sign up with campbx:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=3lo7dSqrLOu Yes it's an affiliate link, but you will not see me touting anything I do not both believe in and make extensive use of myself. Campbx is one of those things.
Coinseeker

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:26:45 PM

BTC-e is susceptible to having the same fate that Mt. Gox had. As long as they continue to service US customers without following FINcen, it is not a matter of IF the US government will shut them down, it is a matter of WHEN the US government will shut them down.

The US government can freeze assets held all over the globe, there are very few countries' bank accounts they do not have the ability to seize, and I guarantee you Russia is not one of those countries.

^^^Truth.  USG Kung fu is stronger than these weak exchanges.  Comply or die.  It's that's simple.

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
fr33d0miz3r

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:27:13 PM

BTC-e is in the Republic of Bulgaria

Russia.

But actually BTC-E's money is held in another country (I don't know where, maybe in some offshore).
There is unsafe to have a business totally placed in Russia, and all Russians know it.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:34:07 PM

ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:36:45 PM

I've never liked using Gox because of all their send me your birth records BS. Just do a Bank Wire direct to your BTC-e account and then buy btc. You could also use Liberty Reserve.

Huh? You sure about that direct bank wire thing? Last time I checked bank wire was a WITHDRAWAL method, not a deposit method.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:38:49 PM

Huh? You sure about that direct bank wire thing? Last time I checked bank wire was a WITHDRAWAL method, not a deposit method.

Maybe they don't any more. It's still a funding option on the website.

ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:46:50 PM

Nah. You may want to check that again. Just to be clear, we are talking about US Dollars, correct?

If so, you got:

Interkassa- The chick on the website is cute but this service is clearly not intended for us dumb Americans
Perfect Money- E currency with some high fees (they did lower them though)
Bitinstant- LOL @ this option. Why do they even tease people with this? Bitinstant does not send USD to BTC-e. Check their site.
OKPay- Huh Coming back soon maybe? They said this week now it's next week.

Anyway, moving away from our discussion, I think BTC-e is pretty safe from the bullshit. Getting USD on is an amazing feat if you can pull it off and getting USD off will probably cost you your left pinky finger by the time all of the fees and exchange rates take turns spanking you.
BitPappa

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 12:00:34 AM

Thanks, that was my impression too. I couldn't figure out any reasonable way to get US funds into BTC-e.

As for Dwolla being closed for Mt. Gox transfers, why not a bank transfer to Mt. Gox?

joae1975

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:06:30 AM

Just use Dwolla to bitcoin address using bitinstant.  Problem solved.

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:13:11 AM

Nah. You may want to check that again. Just to be clear, we are talking about US Dollars, correct?

If so, you got:

Interkassa- The chick on the website is cute but this service is clearly not intended for us dumb Americans
Perfect Money- E currency with some high fees (they did lower them though)
Bitinstant- LOL @ this option. Why do they even tease people with this? Bitinstant does not send USD to BTC-e. Check their site.
OKPay- Huh Coming back soon maybe? They said this week now it's next week.

Anyway, moving away from our discussion, I think BTC-e is pretty safe from the bullshit. Getting USD on is an amazing feat if you can pull it off and getting USD off will probably cost you your left pinky finger by the time all of the fees and exchange rates take turns spanking you.

I haven't used that in a while so your probably right. I don't worry about getting dollars out because I actually buy things with btc (the reason I want them in the first place). It is so easy in the Bay Area to local meetup and buy btc that I don't really know about today.

Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:20:24 AM

Thinking of starting to use Dwolla to CampBX - I probably should have been doing this before

Guardian of Forever

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:10:20 AM

I have been using Dwolla<-->CampBX in both directions for a while. Transactions have been smooth. and I have no complaints...Yet. Rates are good as well.
New_Frontier (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:13:06 AM

Just set up a CampBX account & used Dwolla & it's working great & fast!!  Smiley
JimCGSavings

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:24:33 AM

Sounds like using an exchange that does service US customers AND follows FINcen would be the way to go? Anybody know which ones those are?
New_Frontier (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:58:00 AM

Sounds like using an exchange that does service US customers AND follows FINcen would be the way to go? Anybody know which ones those are?

I read someplace today on the forums that CampBX is not FINcen certified.  Now we all know DHS monitors these forums so blame me when CampBX gets shut down..lol J/K
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: