Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:21:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: U.S. residents no more Dwolla + MtGox now what?  (Read 4279 times)
WhitePhantom

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:46:05 AM

Pretty sure I'll start using CampBX to get USD out when I sell BTC.
BitPappa

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 02:35:26 AM

Pretty sure I'll start using CampBX to get USD out when I sell BTC.

I just got (mostly) out of Gox by buying BTC and transferring it out. I can't help but assume a lot of people doing the same thing. I assume this exodus via Bitcoin would be boosting the Gox price a bit, vs. what it would be otherwise.

I'm a bit nervous about all the exchanges, though I don't know much about them. I'm hoping there will be some welcome announcements at Bitcoin Conference, maybe even a new, safer, better exchange.

Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:48:52 AM

I've never liked using Gox because of all their send me your birth records BS. Just do a Bank Wire direct to your BTC-e account and then buy btc. You could also use Liberty Reserve.

BTC-e is in the Republic of Bulgaria so I'm pretty sure they don't give a shit what the US gov does. LOL

Huh? You sure about that direct bank wire thing? Last time I checked bank wire was a WITHDRAWAL method, not a deposit method.

Maybe they don't any more. It's still a funding option on the website.

Nah. You may want to check that again. Just to be clear, we are talking about US Dollars, correct?

If so, you got:

Interkassa- The chick on the website is cute but this service is clearly not intended for us dumb Americans
Perfect Money- E currency with some high fees (they did lower them though)
Bitinstant- LOL @ this option. Why do they even tease people with this? Bitinstant does not send USD to BTC-e. Check their site.
OKPay- Huh Coming back soon maybe? They said this week now it's next week.

Anyway, moving away from our discussion, I think BTC-e is pretty safe from the bullshit. Getting USD on is an amazing feat if you can pull it off and getting USD off will probably cost you your left pinky finger by the time all of the fees and exchange rates take turns spanking you.

LOL, very funny, but true.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
joae1975

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:34:14 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2013, 02:59:18 PM by joae1975

Just use Dwolla to bitcoin address using bitinstant.  Problem solved.
I just did it.  Dwolla to BTC address using Bitinstant.  After the funds where in my Dwolla account, the whole process took about 3 minutes from Dwolla to BTC wallet.  So people are wandering how to liquidate.  I say use ebay or person to person transactions.

Edit: Is taking forever to confirm

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:00:29 PM

Just use Dwolla to bitcoin address using bitinstant.  Problem solved.
I just did it.  Dwolla to BTC address using Bitinstant.  After the funds where in my Dwolla account, the whole process took about 3 minutes from Dwolla to BTC wallet.  So people are wandering how to liquidate.  I say use ebay or person to person transactions.

Sorry for bumping an old thread - but I havea  question regarding dwolla to campbx and dwolla to bitcoin address

For dwolla to CampBX, on their site they state there is a 31 day holding period.  I have a verified account with Dwolla and did all the necessary procedures of uploading documents and scans.  If you are verified with Dwolla and have been using their service for some months now to Gox, is there still a holding period at CampBX?  I would like to just transfer funds to CampBX and not have to wait 31 days to remove my BTC.  Can anyone verify this for me?

Dwolla to bitcoin address via bitinstant... if this method works as it is advertised, when the funds are sent from Dwolla to bitinstant for transferring to a bitcoin address, at what rate are the coins purchased at? 

Thanks!

joae1975

Activity: 752

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:44:43 PM

Sorry for bumping an old thread - but I havea  question regarding dwolla to campbx and dwolla to bitcoin address

For dwolla to CampBX, on their site they state there is a 31 day holding period.  I have a verified account with Dwolla and did all the necessary procedures of uploading documents and scans.  If you are verified with Dwolla and have been using their service for some months now to Gox, is there still a holding period at CampBX?  I would like to just transfer funds to CampBX and not have to wait 31 days to remove my BTC.  Can anyone verify this for me?

Dwolla to bitcoin address via bitinstant... if this method works as it is advertised, when the funds are sent from Dwolla to bitinstant for transferring to a bitcoin address, at what rate are the coins purchased at? 

Thanks!
I don't know about CampBX, never tried it.  I have more $$ heading to Dwolla this week, I'll have to try that.  The rate from Dwolla to bitcoin address is the market price on Mt Gox at that moment, I assume, minus 1.99% fee.  I put $200 in so I was able to buy $196.02 worth of BTC.  A little over 1.57 arrived in my wallet.  So that puts the spot at $124.89.  If you look at the Mt Gox price around 10:30am EST, the price spiked up and didn't really hit 125.  So I'm kinda puzzled why my buy price is higher.  Todays high is $123.59.  So there's definitely something else at play here.  I'm not sure.  I'm gonna go play a little blackjack to get my fees back, LOL!

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
Streets 2.0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:17:22 PM

Bitinstant to Bitcoin wallet address seems to be the only real speedy way for Dwolla users to get bitcoins fast and be able to freely move them.  Its kind of crazy CampBX will allow you to deposit and purchase but not be able to move them.

davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:20:30 PM

Sounds like using an exchange that does service US customers AND follows FINcen would be the way to go? Anybody know which ones those are?

I read someplace today on the forums that CampBX is not FINcen certified.  Now we all know DHS monitors these forums so blame me when CampBX gets shut down..lol J/K

from campbx website

CampBX is a Bitcoin trading platform based in the United States. The foundation of our operations is an active and prominent compliance program, and we are committed to maintaining full compliance with State of Georgia - Department of Banking and Finance and Department of Treasury regulations.
Spirit of our program is to do the right thing, above and beyond the legal requirements. This is why we reserve the right to verify our users and transactions. Attempts to bypass account maximum limits or international money transfers will result in a refund of all funds and a ban for the violating account/s. We have hard-coded additional rules in our trading engine to thwart illegitimate usage of the platform.
Please help us strengthen our compliance program and immediately report any suspicious trading activity you notice on our platform to the helpdesk. We reserve the right to lock accounts suspected of fradulent or illegal activity as outlined in CampBX Terms of Use.
bitcoincraps

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 05:04:48 PM

BTC-e is in the Republic of Bulgaria so I'm pretty sure they don't give a shit what the US gov does. LOL

BTC-e is susceptible to having the same fate that Mt. Gox had. As long as they continue to service US customers without following FINcen, it is not a matter of IF the US government will shut them down, it is a matter of WHEN the US government will shut them down.

The US government can freeze assets held all over the globe, there are very few countries' bank accounts they do not have the ability to seize, and I guarantee you Russia is not one of those countries.

The only way US government CAN freeze asstes ONLY IN US. In Europe any bank account suspension is decided by a judge after reviewing a lot of papers. Its not so easy. Un Russia they can do NOTHING.

davidspitzer

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:53:11 PM

I just traded and transferred to dwolla on campbx. 20 minutes and the usd was in Dwolla
Streets 2.0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:08:21 PM

The 31 day waiting period wasn't imposed on you?  When did you sign up with CampBX?

davidspitzer

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:55:15 PM

The 31 day waiting period wasn't imposed on you?  When did you sign up with CampBX?

I signed up a while ago but this is the first time I used it
Streets 2.0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 08:15:33 PM

I signed up a while ago but this is the first time I used it
OK thanks, that confirms for coming out of CampBX, I still wonder going into CampBX from Dwolla.  Don't want those bitcoins locked up on their exchange for 31 days, need to move them over to btct.co shares pronto.

I put in a support request with CampBX and Dwolla, waiting to hear back on this.

Streets 2.0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:38:13 PM

Heard back from CampBX and the hold for 31 days is in place for all users, even if you have a Dwolla account for longer than 31 days.  They suggest to deposit a small amount in their exchange, buy coins and let them sit for 31 days.  Deposits back to Dwolla in USD are not affected.  Kind of lame if you ask me.

New_Frontier (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:40:51 PM

Heard back from CampBX and the hold for 31 days is in place for all users, even if you have a Dwolla account for longer than 31 days.  They suggest to deposit a small amount in their exchange, buy coins and let them sit for 31 days.  Deposits back to Dwolla in USD are not affected.  Kind of lame if you ask me.

Strange I just opened an account last week and moved my coins to my wallet & the entire process took about 15 min.  I used Dwolla?
RavinTavin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

RavinTavin from MyFreeCams

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 01:49:13 PM

coinbase!

BTC DonationSee Profile Bellow Online Daily 7pm-1am  Eastern Time Zone. USA, times may vary Wink
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/RavinTavin <--- Click! 18+ Only
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:51:48 PM

I've never liked using Gox because of all their send me your birth records BS. Just do a Bank Wire direct to your BTC-e account and then buy btc. You could also use Liberty Reserve.

I didn't know you can bank wire directly to btc-e
miernik

Activity: 334

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 02:13:20 PM

You can't.

You could some time ago to their Cyprus bank account, but that was shut down a few months ago.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

You can't.

You could some time ago to their Cyprus bank account, but that was shut down a few months ago.

That's a real disappointment to me. It seems every good service is cut off while shit ones are around forever. Gox is complete shit so they will be around forever with no replacement.

RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:53:45 PM

You can deposit wire or SEPA directly to BTC-e starting from $1000, just create a support ticket.
It's in testing period currently.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: