Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:12:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum and Electron Cash, I need help  (Read 1974 times)
fatlever

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 05:54:10 PM

Yesterday I sent the BCH to Bittrex through Exodus, it's taking ages to receive them, it's been 12 hours until now and I only got 6/20 confirmations  Cry

Using Electron, after 30 hours I have 17 confirmations  Grin  I'd enjoy my Saturday and check tomorrow!

In another transaction I had a Shapeshift transaction when BCH was ~$500 for 50% of my coins and it was cancelled and the BCH refunded to me  Tongue 
Redoing this now using Electron since I think Shapeshift is throwing up BCH after some time and I am at 6 confirmations.  Maybe Monday morning  Grin

Ale88 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2525

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 05:58:04 PM

Using Electron, after 30 hours I have 17 confirmations  Grin  I'd enjoy my Saturday and check tomorrow!
Yeah, better enjoy the Saturday (pizza!) and not think about it, I hope at least to get them by tomorrow  Tongue
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:04:50 PM

I had an electrum wallet with a small amount of money like 0.2 BTC on one of my computers and have tried launching electron without installing it. Just downloaded an executable  and it launched a wallet within seconds. I was asked to point to a wallet file, so I chose my old electrum and boom, all my bcc was visible and ready for transfer.
I sent my BCC to an exchange 3 days ago and my BTC is still on my old electrum, with the wallet working fine, so no files were damaged or anything. I don't recommend it if you have a lot of coins, but IMO installing electron on the same system with electrum and pointing it to electrum wallet files is relatively safe and works fine.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:56:58 PM

Do you know how the registration situation with Hitbtc is? Because I would have to registrate, but if it takes weeks like Bitstamp, Kraken, etc I'm gonna use Bittrex to solve this problem quickly.

PS: I would send the BCH to Electron Cash, and of course I would never use again the Electrum wallet I have right now, do you suggest to remove Electrum before using Electron Cash or simply doesn't matter since it's empty?
I guess it is too late now but Hitbtc have no requirement i registered with them and sold some BCC and withdraw without any problem . about Bittrex I sent to them with recommendation fess and I got my BCC after more than 24 hours .
Ale88 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2525

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:26:48 PM

Do you know how the registration situation with Hitbtc is? Because I would have to registrate, but if it takes weeks like Bitstamp, Kraken, etc I'm gonna use Bittrex to solve this problem quickly.

PS: I would send the BCH to Electron Cash, and of course I would never use again the Electrum wallet I have right now, do you suggest to remove Electrum before using Electron Cash or simply doesn't matter since it's empty?
I guess it is too late now but Hitbtc have no requirement i registered with them and sold some BCC and withdraw without any problem . about Bittrex I sent to them with recommendation fess and I got my BCC after more than 24 hours .
Thanks anyway, I appreciate your help!  Wink
Emgee

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:50:10 PM

I would actually still be very careful using electron cash. I saw one guy importing his private keys into electron cash and as soon the keys got imported the coins were send to addresses that weren't his. Electrum stated that the version isn't 100% stable yet so be cautious.

was the electron cash software legit or was it malware that behaved in such a way? I think I had the same problem, but my electron cash was downloaded from the correct site. so why did the BTC go to an unknown address?
priyankg3

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 03:57:23 PM

To be honest I never used Exodus wallet before so I really do not know, i think it should be some thread regarding this.
keesvandermeer

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:54:40 PM

I have accidentaly install the Electron Cash wallet on the same computer where I have my bitcoin wallet Electrum.
Do I need to worry about my funds because I did not give my wallet private key for redeem my BCC on the same computer?

Can I use Electrum again if I make a new wallet or is it still infected with the malware from the Electron Cash wallet? or do you recommend to use another wallet because I like using Electrum.

Also I was not able to get my funds from the BCC after the fork and I followed all those steps.

Please need some help.
Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:59:46 PM

I would actually still be very careful using electron cash. I saw one guy importing his private keys into electron cash and as soon the keys got imported the coins were send to addresses that weren't his. Electrum stated that the version isn't 100% stable yet so be cautious.

was the electron cash software legit or was it malware that behaved in such a way? I think I had the same problem, but my electron cash was downloaded from the correct site. so why did the BTC go to an unknown address?

I haven't used Electron yet but i doubt it to be bug free. One of my friend coins were lost too as they were send to unknown address. Can someone tell his successful experience with electron cash ?

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██