Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:35:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you invest 1 dusty BTC?  (Read 477 times)
Nehman (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:23:27 AM

Hello,

I've been away from the crypto scene for several years, I've discovered that i had 1 BTC+ on an old dusty HDD from back in the day.

I didn't realize there was so many new crpyto currencies, now I'm overwhelmed, I'm looking for long-term investments, i'll just put it back in the closet and forget about it for another few years.

Here's my current breakdown

20% BTC
10% LTC
10% ETH
10% NEO
10% Dash
10% XMR

So this leaves me about 30% or so left to put into smaller altcoins and that's where i'm having a hard time.

Suggestions are really welcomed  Smiley
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:30:49 AM

Don't forget, you also have 1 bcash now. Cheesy

I would just keep the bitcoin and not buy any alts. You have to be lucky to pick coins that outperform bitcoin. Most likely you just end up losing.
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:36:24 AM

Hello,

I've been away from the crypto scene for several years, I've discovered that i had 1 BTC+ on an old dusty HDD from back in the day.

I didn't realize there was so many new crpyto currencies, now I'm overwhelmed, I'm looking for long-term investments, i'll just put it back in the closet and forget about it for another few years.

20% BTC
10% LTC
10% ETH
10% NEO
10% Dash
10% XMR

So this leaves me about 30% or so left to put into smaller altcoins and that's where i'm having a hard time.

Slow down.
Look, I can't tell you how wrong your current approach is.
You made $3,000 with Bitcoin and now want to sell it for random altcoins? Doesn't make sense.
If I were you, I would simply continue holding BTC. It has worked immensely for you so far, why not keep holding?
Also, as another poster mentioned, you now have 1 Bitcoin Cash (BCC) as well. That is currently going for $250.
Why not sell your BCC to make some extra cash money, then use the $250 to buy altcoins that you desire?
This way you still get to invest in some alts, and also keep your Bitcoin.
addie77

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:37:37 AM

I like how you weren't disappointed that it was only one Bitcoin you purchased back then and not more. When was it and how much fiat did you fork out if you remember?
I remember getting intrigued very early on around 2010 when I first downloaded and installed the core and only because I got distracted and/or found it difficult to find out how to buy Bitcoin with AUD, I gave up and forgot about it.
But to answer your question, all depends what you're prepared to risk. Low risk option is always put it on a trustworthy exchange in the funding wallet and collect interest from traders who will borrow it for margin trading.
Nehman (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:46:17 AM

Hello,

20% BTC
10% LTC
10% ETH
10% NEO
10% Dash
10% XMR

Suggestions are really welcomed  Smiley

Slow down.
Look, I can't tell you how wrong your current approach is.
You made $3,000 with Bitcoin and now want to sell it for random altcoins? Doesn't make sense.
If I were you, I would simply continue holding BTC. It has worked immensely for you so far, why not keep holding?
Also, as another poster mentioned, you now have 1 Bitcoin Cash (BCC) as well. That is currently going for $250.
Why not sell your BCC to make some extra cash money, then use the $250 to buy altcoins that you desire?
This way you still get to invest in some alts, and also keep your Bitcoin.

I really didn't know about the BCC until right now, i'll read up on it, you're right, i may just keep that BTC intact and only invest that $250, i think i was just getting excited?... Cheesy

I like how you weren't disappointed that it was only one Bitcoin you purchased back then and not more. When was it and how much fiat did you fork out if you remember?
I remember getting intrigued very early on around 2010 when I first downloaded and installed the core and only because I got distracted and/or found it difficult to find out how to buy Bitcoin with AUD, I gave up and forgot about it.
But to answer your question, all depends what you're prepared to risk. Low risk option is always put it on a trustworthy exchange in the funding wallet and collect interest from traders who will borrow it for margin trading.

I remember mining a little and buying? It was so cheap, <$10? You don't often find $3k in the cracks of your couch, so i was pretty happy to find even just 1 by complete accident.
PoorLad

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Coinhoarder

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:48:24 AM

Keep the BTC as it is and trade your BCH/BBC into Waves Smiley Forget it for a few years and come back with a new thread when you are rich

addie77

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:53:08 AM

I remember mining a little and buying? It was so cheap, <$10? You don't often find $3k in the cracks of your couch, so i was pretty happy to find even just 1 by complete accident.

Wonder how many millions and millions are stuck in couch cracks, swept under carpets or are rotting away in rubbish dumps...
Nehman (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:03:25 AM

Wonder how many millions and millions are stuck in couch cracks, swept under carpets or are rotting away in rubbish dumps...

My friend had a few 100s of btc's back then, he forgot about them, trashed the computer, but that was not even worth a $100 back then.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:04:14 AM

I won't keep that BTC unless I have at least more than 10 BTC.

The higher your chance doubling the money if you invest on good tokens like ANS or WAVES which is why you let pass your opportunity if you just rely on one BTC. Its diversifying that makes your portfolio look good.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:06:55 AM

Hello,

20% BTC
10% LTC
10% ETH
10% NEO
10% Dash
10% XMR

Well it was a pretty nice move beginning to invest into altcoins. If you want a good place to invest that remaining g 30% why not put it on waves? It still got a lot of potential. Besides it you can lease it in their wallet because no it has a built in feature for that and their own exchange. Its up to you if you were to follow my suggestion or not but it would be nice if you will follow it.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1286

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:33:59 AM

Hello,

20% BTC
10% LTC
10% ETH
10% NEO
10% Dash
10% XMR

Lucky you! Lucky that you found it and that it didn't get permanently lost.
As has been mentioned above, I would hold that 30% after investing into
Your chosen list.

Otherwise you are going to get numerous suggestions from peoples
Favourite coins.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:15:45 AM

I won't keep that BTC unless I have at least more than 10 BTC.

The higher your chance doubling the money if you invest on good tokens like ANS or WAVES which is why you let pass your opportunity if you just rely on one BTC. Its diversifying that makes your portfolio look good.

The question is whether you want to take that risk in trying to double your money. Some people would be content to just keep their money in bitcoins. You can be pretty sure that it won't crash crazily like alts can.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: