Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:10:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kansas City Bitcoin Meetup  (Read 1464 times)
el_Tico (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

"Fly you fools"

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:53:37 AM

Recently,meetups have begun in many cities across the US and the World. When I looked online for a meetup in Kansas City there was none to be found.

Where should a Bitcoin meetup be promoted besides meetup.com? If you live in the KC area, would you be interested in joining a Bitcoin meetup at a convenient time and place?
InSpades

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:58:14 AM

Sounds interesting.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:05:05 PM

I'd like to help organize this and attend.  If anyone has any feedback or suggestions please contact me.  I am not too familiar with the KC area so even general info could be helpful.  Thanks.  Smiley
Eva Braun

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:10:01 PM

Ive never been to a Bitcoin meetup hopefully there will be one around San Francisco soon
Alexander The Great

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:24:16 PM

So who would host this? meaning who would rent out the meeting space?
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:50:18 PM

So who would host this? meaning who would rent out the meeting space?

Ideally I'm looking for a venue which can hold over 100 people.  I'm open to any suggestions or help from KC locals.  I would be happy to call any venues which you can suggest.
jestin

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:29:11 PM

Would the purpose of this meetup to be a Buttonwood-style face to face exchange, or simply a gathering of interested people from the community?  I, for one, would like to see a face to face exchange, although I am not against other ideas.

If the purpose is an exchange, I think River Market would be the perfect location.  It is already a time-honored marketplace in Kansas City, that accommodates participants in the local economy.  Where better to buy and sell Bitcoin in Kansas City?  There are plenty of people around for security's sake, and already a large amount of cash from all the produce sales going on.  Perhaps some of the existing vendors would like to immediately exchange their profits into BTC before they head home (to avoid carrying large amounts of cash), and maybe some will even consider accepting BTC at their stands.  Also, those of us selling BTC at the exchange can use the cash to buy produce and other goods before we leave, giving us one more excuse for going to such a meetup and one more way to spend BTC locally.  I just think that if we are going to have a local face to face marketplace, there's no reason to have it separate from Kansas City's existing face to face marketplace.

If, however, the purpose of the meetup is more of a conference than an exchange, there's probably a better venue.
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:47:58 PM

I'm not far from KC and I'd love to go to a bitcoin meetup!

I'm not really looking to buy or sell coins, but discussing mining and the market would be pretty cool.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 06:52:33 PM

I would be interested in attending and meeting people. 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
flavius

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

welcome to riches

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 06:58:24 PM

what the fuck would there be to "discuss". you sound like the 70 year old baseball card collectors who eat dinner over a ty cobb card

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
jestin

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 10:29:37 PM

So, is this idea dead in the water?  Does Kansas City not want to have local Bitcoin meetups?
Canen

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 12:34:14 PM

It would be fun for kc to finally get some Bitcoin love. It may be a bit to early I guess.
Scared

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 06:35:42 AM

I'm interested as well.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 08:12:31 AM

I might be interested.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 08:16:24 AM

If it's on a weekend I'll attend.
boozer

Activity: 309

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 03:52:52 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 04:05:28 PM by boozer

Reviving an old thread.  I've been wanting to meet Bitcoin people in KC forever!  If its just the few on this thread, we could just meet at my house for some BBB (Beers, BBQ, and BTC).... We could do it anywhere else too.

It would be an initial meeting to get acquainted and see what happens from there.  PM me if interested and I will set something small up for a few people and we can see what happens from there.    Let me know if anyone is up for it!  I sure as hell am!

If something bigger gets setup and coordinated, I would definitely go to it as well.
Singlebyte

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 02:51:48 AM

Posting this in the Meetup sub forum might get more exposure.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=86.0
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:01:44 AM

Closer to Wichita, count me in.

boozer

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:51:11 AM

How about this....

Saturday, Sep. 21st 5pm at http://www.gordonbiersch.com/
Also Oklahoma Joes BBQ is nearby if we want BBQ and something a little less formal.

Let me know if this works for anyone.  Also wont hurt my feelings any if you want a different date/time... I figured I would get it started by throwing something out there.  As things stand right now, there is no formal agenda, just meeting fellow bitcoiners in the area.  More details to follow.  Once we have a few that decide on a place/time we can post something in the meet-up forum to see if any others are interested.
boozer

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:43:54 AM

How about Tuesday, September 10th (as someone mentioned prior engagements on the 14th and suggested a weekday)?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: