Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:04:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex BCC confirmations - issue?  (Read 407 times)
krizniq (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 12:14:10 PM

anybody having same?
In my deposit dasboard I see 4/20 confirmations, but on the network it's already have 16!

Are they cheating or they are having difficulties to connect to the right network?

where to check real status? I mean, 16confirmations are from wallet, so it should be accurate, Bitfinex just playing with our patience....

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
krizniq (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:34:32 PM

ok this is lame, transaction already 20times confirmed in the network and bitfinex still showing 4/20!! and their support does not do anything....

wtf :/

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:24:48 PM

It's not that people are massively complaining about this issue aside from a few individuals. It's either them patiently waiting, or they are not experiencing any problems. The most logical thing that comes to my mind is that it's a problem with their node (i.e. it not being fully synced with the network). Or it could be the exchange itself trying to prevent their platform from being flooded with people looking to dump their BCC, where they then cash out BTC. I would say 60% chance for the first scenario, and 40% chance for the latter -- Bitfinex isn't really an exchange that deserves people's respect anyway.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:02:10 AM

Bitfinex isn't really an exchange that deserves people's respect anyway.

It frustrates me to no end that it still gets the respect and usage that it does. The whole token scheme still leaves them with a target on their back from the SEC, and they still can't explain how they got hacked last year. And still, many months later, they can't even process fiat withdrawals. How does anyone even know they are solvent at this point?

GpreM

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:27:54 AM

ok this is lame, transaction already 20times confirmed in the network and bitfinex still showing 4/20!! and their support does not do anything....

wtf :/
The same problem. Wrote to support twice, but they doesn't respond.
krizniq (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:53:17 AM

update: still the same

27confirmations in the network, 4 in bitfinex
clearly their node crashed or they shutdowned it in purpose so people can do anything with their assets.

and support is zero.

be aware of that before you actually try transfer anything there :/

krizniq (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:13:24 AM

update: sorted

i've sent another ticket to the helpdesk, but with some lawsuit steps against them in case it will not be sorted immediatelly.
And in 20mins it was processed .....

hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:33:23 AM

update: sorted

i've sent another ticket to the helpdesk, but with some lawsuit steps against them in case it will not be sorted immediatelly.
And in 20mins it was processed .....

Well i really don't see the threats with lawsuits and all that was necessary to get your coin back because Bitfinex is quite a trustworthy exchange in my opinion. they've been hacked and all but have repaid their customers eventually.

Anyways, you got your money back in the end which is good. Can't complain more about that.

Sometimes the amount of confirmations that a transaction has especially on a new altcoin chaain can be inaccurate and not always updating in real time. Bitfinex isn't the only exchange that has this problem, Bittrex and poloniex both have it as well.

However a 12 block difference is unacceptable...

krizniq (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:43:14 AM

well thanks to that I've lost quite a few thousands usd because of exchange rate went down during this "uncorfirmed" period, so maybe they are trusted exchange but this was not handled well at all.
They can be thankfull that noone is suiing them yet cos lost of money due to unacceptable delays ... and no support!

We as a customers cannot let exchanges do whaetever they want to do with our assets, no way.

hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 09:34:31 AM

well thanks to that I've lost quite a few thousands usd because of exchange rate went down during this "uncorfirmed" period, so maybe they are trusted exchange but this was not handled well at all.
They can be thankfull that noone is suiing them yet cos lost of money due to unacceptable delays ... and no support!

We as a customers cannot let exchanges do whaetever they want to do with our assets, no way.

Ah, I misunderstood then. I thought that the deposit credited to you on the 20th confirmation, it's just that the number of confirmations were lagging behind a little bit. But what really happened was that you contacted them and only then did they credit you with the amount, is that right?

In that case, they really should refund you the difference. However i'm pretty sure that the terms and conditions that they have made that everyone has to agree to before they sign up states that they won't be liable for any losses incurred like this.

So even if you file a lawsuit they always can refer you to the no liability clause.

This definitely classifies as shady behaviour though, there could be a possibility that they want to keep the value of BCC artificially high for whatever reasons.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: