Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:17:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Xapo kicked out because of twice wrong ID verification  (Read 461 times)
huijaa (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 01:54:02 PM

I'm been kicked out of XAPO because of two times trying wrong ID verification.
I may be glad I do not have bitcoins there yet.

What can i do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:28:08 PM

What can i do?

Just leave that web wallet, you can make some new wallet anyway and why you will give your personal information when you can make some wallet address with good reputation without giving your personal details.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:29:23 PM

Just avoid xapo and coinbase like centralized bitcoin wallet, they are just like paypal with very confusing KYC policy and long verification procedure. And on top of that they also have restrictions on where you can send your bitcoin. Just use electrum or jaxx that gives you full control over your bitcoin so that you can send your bitcoin wherever you want and receive bitcoin anonymously.

hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:18:41 AM

What can i do?

Did they suspend your account temporarily or are you just kicked out of there forever? They have an above average support team based on my experience so i think if you haggle with them you could potentially get another chance at getting your docs verified.

However, how can you submit the wrong ID verification two times? Are you impersonating someone?

Xapo isn't doing anything wrong in this case, in my opinion. This is a legitimate concern for the prevention of potential fraudulent activity that could stem from the account getting verified.

What you can do? If you really want a Xapo account, then try to convince support to give you one extra chance. Otherwise just use another service.

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1323

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 11:32:41 PM

What can i do?

If you don't have bitcoins there, then just forget about Xapo and choose another wallet. There are lot of better wallets than Xapo.
But if you still want to use Xapo, you need to try contact their support your problem.

jossiel

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:03:23 AM

Do they really do that? I've been using xapo before and no problems at all.

And in your case, the best thing to do is just leave that wallet as you can still use blockchain.info and other good wallets.

Why not go for electrum or mycellium?

<<- Rent this out ->>
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:39:33 AM

What can i do?

This is weird from both sides:

Why did you submit your ID documents wrong 2 times? Did you submit the wrong documents, were the images blurred out or aunable to be seen clearly(maybe too low of a resolution for them to successfully process)? How did you submit your OWN ID wrong even once?

Why would Xapo shut down someone who has not balances, no business whatsoever before this event? To prevent fraud maybe but i don't think that this can be said to be conclusive proof of fraud or future fraud.

Contact support and try to get them to reactivate your account so you can hopefully verify it correctly this time. If not then use Coinbase or any other service you fancy.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:14:40 PM

If I remember rightly I had to re verify a couple of times too.

If you have a phone you can do it through the Xapo app which turned out be more successful for me. I think it prompts you to photograph your documents through the app on the phone and upload them there and then. You also take a selfie which may inspire them to look more kindly upon you.
huijaa (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:55:43 PM

I'v sended to support and i get a sad answer;-

Dear,

Thank you for providing the information and supporting documentation we requested from you. After completing our review, Xapo has determined that we are unable to provide our services to your account. This decision is based on multiple factors utilized in our screening process, though for security reasons we are not able to provide specific details.

We will be required to close your Xapo account. If you have more than 55 bits (0.000055 BTC) in your account, then please reply to this message so we can open your account within 24 hours for you to move your funds out of Xapo!

Regards,
The Xapo Team

accourding of me XAPO is worthless!

I have found an alternates (web wallet with supporting debit cards)

• SpectroCoin
  • Cryptopay
  • Wirex
  • Uquid
  • Bitwala

And more? or which one of them is the best?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 2907

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 05:43:05 PM

If you really want to be safe of your bitcoin better to use electrum for safety of your bitcoin than using online wallet like other said its not safe because you don't have any backup private keys for your bitcoin address..

Dear,

Thank you for providing the information and supporting documentation we requested from you. After completing our review, Xapo has determined that we are unable to provide our services to your account. This decision is based on multiple factors utilized in our screening process, though for security reasons we are not able to provide specific details.

We will be required to close your Xapo account. If you have more than 55 bits (0.000055 BTC) in your account, then please reply to this message so we can open your account within 24 hours for you to move your funds out of Xapo!

Regards,
The Xapo Team

• SpectroCoin
  • Cryptopay
  • Wirex
  • Uquid
  • Bitwala

Its not worth to use spectrocoin base on other reviews that site is scam..
And only uquid base on my experience using their debit card i don't experience any problem to them also test the wirex since its not working in some merchant i switch to uquid ..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1323

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 11:30:32 PM

If you really want to be safe of your bitcoin better to use electrum for safety of your bitcoin than using online wallet like other said its not safe because you don't have any backup private keys for your bitcoin address..

Dear,

Regards,
The Xapo Team

• SpectroCoin
  • Cryptopay
  • Wirex
  • Uquid
  • Bitwala

Its not worth to use spectrocoin base on other reviews that site is scam..
And only uquid base on my experience using their debit card i don't experience any problem to them also test the wirex since its not working in some merchant i switch to uquid ..

Spectrocoin isn't scam. I'm using this service for two years and haven't faced any bigger issues. When I had minor problems, their support helped to solve it. And I'm not sure that these scam accusations against Spectrocoin are real. Few users claiming that they been scammed by Spectrocoin and lost huge amount of bitcoins. But shortly after making accusations these users didn't come back to forum to try get their bitcoins back.

MiXxe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:37:26 AM

What can i do?

Just leave that web wallet, you can make some new wallet anyway and why you will give your personal information when you can make some wallet address with good reputation without giving your personal details.
True , i also do this thing i register in some account witu required personal informations but i didn't use to put my real details for my safety purposes .
For the OP well you don't need to worry because you don't have any amount on it ,you can register again a new one or like Blankcode said try different wallets .

guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:28:31 PM

Dear,

Regards,
The Xapo Team

• SpectroCoin
  • Cryptopay
  • Wirex
  • Uquid
  • Bitwala

It seems like you lack sense. Tell me what’s wrong with that message? They even gave him chance to withdraw his funds if he has more than 55 bits. Most platforms would close your account without an opportunity for you to withdraw your funds. This shows that they’re legitimate and also one of the best. To the op, how can you be so freakish, to send wrong ID two times, upon you know it’s  wrong ID, that sounds so stupid. Now you all saying trash against them, I checked the Wallets you mentioned and none of them can even offer up to 10% of the type of services Xapo has to offer their users.
huijaa (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:23:05 PM

Bitwala is now my best bitcoin-wallet/-card provider, because it approves well with my passport and a document with my home-address in.  Cheesy  Grin

just XAPO sucks!  Angry  Huh
huijaa (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:15:20 PM

A late reponse from XAPO:-
"Thank you for providing the information and supporting documentation we requested from you. After completing our review, Xapo has determined that we are unable to provide our services to your account. This decision is based on multiple factors utilized in our screening process, though for security reasons we are not able to provide specific details.

Regards,
The Xapo Team"

-- Let 'em go! Because Bitwala accepts my passport and my document with my proof-address in.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: