Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:28:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XRP is the most scalable of the top five crypto-currencies; not even close  (Read 1274 times)
Hodor7777 (OP)

Activity: 615
Merit: 112

It’s easy to confuse what is with what ought to be

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 04:04:34 PM

I discuss scalability in my latest blog entry here: 

https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/2017/08/05/scalability-will-reveal-xrp-as-the-premier-international-digital-asset/

Feel free to leave feedback or share / link to my blog. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:49:29 PM

Hi Hodor. I will link you a very active speculation thread Smiley maybe you can also post it there
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1381669.4140
Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 09:27:28 PM

Sure thing!  I want to give other alt coin enthusiasts a chance to see the content as well however...
but I will post on both for now: Please share the link & thank you!

25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:31:35 PM

But increasing the block size doesn’t help Bitcoin rise to a level where they can support the number of payments of a truly international currency.

Stopped here. This is total nonsense claims backed by nothing. Research proves you can. Article debunked.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 10:06:16 PM

But increasing the block size doesn’t help Bitcoin rise to a level where they can support the number of payments of a truly international currency.

Stopped here. This is total nonsense claims backed by nothing. Research proves you can. Article debunked.

I have a profound respect for truth, objective facts, and science.  I can back up my claim by pointing to the statistics of current global payment networks such as VISA and Paypal.  Here they are:

Paypal: 193 TPS
    VISA: 1,667 TPS

Source = http://www.altcointoday.com/bitcoin-ethereum-vs-visa-paypal-transactions-per-second/

As far as I know, Bitcoin's top TPS is ~ 6 Transactions Per Second (TPS).  This is nowhere near these global payment networks.

According to this document from Bitfury, increasing the block size to its maximum of 32 MB would only result in a theoretical TPS of 112. 

Source: http://bitfury.com/content/5-white-papers-research/block-size-1.1.1.pdf (page 4)

Am I missing something?  Please do correct me if I'm missing something... Are you talking about off-chain transactions like the Lightning network?  Please share. 

ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:44:48 PM

I have a profound respect for truth, objective facts, and science. 

lol, here get some facts into you

Science, provable, observable repeatable. A shadow  can never under any circumstance be smaller than the object casting the shadow.
Tell me on August 22 how a 2159 mile diameter moon casted a 70 mile shadow on Augusts 21 solar eclipse.

Just about the entire country should be in a total eclipse not a 70 mile strip.

Now go back and cheer for your scam centralized broken database crap to earn your pay.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 01:16:42 AM

Now go back and cheer for your scam centralized broken database crap to earn your pay.

Yeah, nice long article with a huge number of "facts" with no support. My God man, I don't know where to start with that link...  I guess you are welcome to your opinions, which those clearly are

Do you represent some sort of competing interest, or are you just heavily, heavily invested in something else and want to attack XRP for some reason? 

MemberBerries

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:31:26 AM

Yeah, nice long article with a huge number of "facts" with no support. My God man, I don't know where to start with that link...  I guess you are welcome to your opinions, which those clearly are

Do you represent some sort of competing interest, or are you just heavily, heavily invested in something else and want to attack XRP for some reason? 

I would be careful clicking links posted by user BAe. He often posts malicious links over butthurttalk. There is no need to argument with this guy, he leads a self moderated thread, and deletes all answers and the debunks of his stupid and shameless lies.
I can list you more frequent 'Ripple' Bashers but they are always the same fuckfaces. Sorry for my language. But if you look trough baes history you will recognize the saltyness in his posts and in his life.
Hodor when you are interested i can send you every fuckface name so you can put them on mute
Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 04:47:26 PM

I would be careful clicking links posted by user BAe. He often posts malicious links over butthurttalk. There is no need to argument with this guy, he leads a self moderated thread, and deletes all answers and the debunks of his stupid and shameless lies.
I can list you more frequent 'Ripple' Bashers but they are always the same fuckfaces. Sorry for my language. But if you look trough baes history you will recognize the saltyness in his posts and in his life.
Hodor when you are interested i can send you every fuckface name so you can put them on mute

Well that explains it a bit!

It was almost like a "blast from the past" back in 2013 when some detractors were making "scam" allegations against XRP. 

Now it's 2017 and 75 banks have implemented Ripple tech!  Times change... for the good. 

sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:20:47 PM

Science, provable, observable repeatable. A shadow  can never under any circumstance be smaller than the object casting the shadow.

OMG, I really hope this post is a troll post.  To make an argument on a totally unrelated point and then use absurd logic is head scratching.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Hodor7777 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 01:45:15 AM

OMG, I really hope this post is a troll post.  To make an argument on a totally unrelated point and then use absurd logic is head scratching.

Memberberries indicated it was a troll post to get people to click on the thread hyperlinks in his own self-moderated thread. 

I have no idea what his motivation is. 

White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:52:27 AM

Don't feed the trolls
fatlever

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:39:57 AM

https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/2017/08/05/scalability-will-reveal-xrp-as-the-premier-international-digital-asset/

Of course XRP is is much much much more scalable.  Bitcoin has to do Proof-of-Work, confirmations of blocks across the network where the entire blockchain is retained to achieve a decentralized and immutable system.   XRP is completely centralized where Ripple the Company decides if you can become a validator on their network or not.  Then you trust these validtors and ultimately Ripple with these transactions.  You trust Ripple doesn't increase the supply of XRP.  A lot hinges on Ripple.  Hell, they have 60 Billion XRP and you trust that they don't flood the market.  The founder himself has billions in XRP and he's allowed to sell a couple billion every year for the next few years I think.  

Yeah XRP scales much better than Bitcoin but what does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?
MemberBerries

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:20:56 AM

Of course XRP is is much much much more scalable.  Bitcoin has to do Proof-of-Work, confirmations of blocks across the network where the entire blockchain is retained to achieve a decentralized and immutable system.   XRP is completely centralized where Ripple the Company decides if you can become a validator on their network or not.  Then you trust these validtors and ultimately Ripple with these transactions.  You trust Ripple doesn't increase the supply of XRP.  A lot hinges on Ripple.  Hell, they have 60 Billion XRP and you trust that they don't flood the market.  The founder himself has billions in XRP and he's allowed to sell a couple billion every year for the next few years I think.  

Yeah XRP scales much better than Bitcoin but what does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?

Your arguments are invalid. Please educate yourself you lemming
Higginbotham

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:46:29 AM

This is why XRP fans don’t really focus on block size and discuss the fact that “proof-of-work” consensus networks like Bitcoin will always be hamstrung by having to haul all of their transactions around to every node on the network; the other metrics like speed and throughput are much more easy to convey to listeners – and they speak volumes!
Generally, I’ve talked about how Bitcoin and Ethereum “mining” are incredibly bad for the environment here, and how mining will impact the scalability limits of those two networks; however there’s another symptom of a diseased crypto-currency that will eventually make itself known, and that’s the absolute limitation of how big each block can be.
DRogers

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:49:54 AM

the XRP Ledger is able to support 1,500 transactions per second as of the latest benchmark test, and Ripple is working to scale it further.
Pele Legend

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:02:34 AM

Is XRP related to value in China?
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:10:08 AM

Yes XRP is the most scalable of the top five crytos currencies due to the funtions of XRP will be used for digital asset become payment method especially for remittance business, in the future xrp will be adopted by the Banks around the world, it will be save the cost sending transaction than use traditional method like Swift, XRP has good future to investing into it.
Lillian89

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:16:15 AM

It’s a heady topic, and XRP’s performance metrics are so sexy in the other areas that bankers and financial institutions focus on.  Before I talk about block size, if you haven’t seen the head-to-head comparison between XRP and the other two of the “top three” crypto-currencies
nakata90

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 05:05:52 AM

Is XRP related to value in China?
No, not have more holder Ripple from China, as per my understand the altcoin have many holder from China is Antshare, Litecoin, Ethereum Classic, maybe Stellar in this list too.

▄███▄
▄███████▄
▀███████▀
  ▀███▀
           ▄███▄
         ▄███████▄
         ▀███████▀
           ▀███▀
  ▄███▄
▄███████▄
▀███████▀
  ▀███▀