Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:07:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Department of Homeland Security declaring war on bitcoin?  (Read 629 times)
swappermall (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:20:24 AM

The Department of Homeland Security obtained a Court order yesterday which allows them to seize the assets of a Dwolla account linked to Mt. Gox.  The affidavit submitted in support of the application for this Court order asserts that Mark Karpeles lied on his company's application for an account with Wells Fargo, and declared that he was not dealing in the exchange of money.  For a discussion of the impact of this event on the bitcoin community check out my blog post at http://swappermall.com.  If anyone hears of an official response by Mt. Gox (not the pitiful "I heard it on the internet" response) to this event or the CoinLab lawsuit, post a comment on my blog!
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AzureEngineer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:37:23 AM

MtGox decided to ignore FinCEN and continue operating unregistered. That was a bad move.

My name was simply a play on "Blue Engineer" from Team Fortress. I am not affiliated with Microsoft or the Azure project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: