Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:47:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [TO THEYMOS AND MODS] BFL scammer tag?  (Read 4160 times)
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:39:30 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155730.0

The community poll shows that most believe BFL and related BFL employees should be given a scammer tag on this forum.

I'm curious why this has not manifested itself.

Any other party that has delayed this long would have gotten a scammer tag long ago.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

crumbcake

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:36:16 PM

The community poll shows that most believe BFL and related BFL employees should be given a scammer tag on this forum.

Any other party that has delayed this long would have gotten a scammer tag long ago.

You don't honestly think BFL will get a scammer tag, at least not until every last hope of partial compensation is gone?
Come on!  If you suddenly realized you were invested in a ponzi scheme, and (let's suspend disbelief for a bit) were ruled by pure self-interest, not letting nebulous abstractions like "truth" and "justice" interfere with your decisions, you'd be a fool to yell "scam!"*
*Not really, but only when you start muddying the waters with long-term repercussions -- people tend to limit their scope to the venture at hand.
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:58:18 PM

They should at least label them as 'Untrustworthy'.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:25:26 AM

They should probably just label them as BFL.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:55:06 PM

You mean "Big Fucking Liars"?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:11:40 PM

You mean "Big Fucking Liars"?

I was trying to put together BFL to something like above that is in bold. Good job, that's what it means.
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:39:30 PM

Fuck BFL, I ordered a Jalapeno in August via PayPal and now when I log in to BFL's site they know nothing about my order and they haven't responded to my emails.

SCAMMERS
pekv2

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:43:00 PM

Fuck BFL, I ordered a Jalapeno

SCAMMERS

Did you see, they changed the name and price, jal to something, and from $174 to $276 or something, then they removed everybodys shipping from first class to a lower tier and asking an additional amount of money "175USD" for shipping. Then they ship out, "Experiment units" to people, with youtube vids, try to pull more customers in.

Edit:

I'm not all that smart, but this is common sense to me, what BFL is/are doing.
kooke

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:51:32 PM

I wonder what will happen to the price of BTC when the doors on this scam are blown wide open Undecided

MPOE-PR

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 08:30:23 PM

I wonder what will happen to the price of BTC when the doors on this scam are blown wide open Undecided

About the same as has happened to the Bitcoin price now that MtGox got killed: nothing at all. Smart money is already out and stupid money doesn't ever matter.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 02:35:25 AM

I wonder what will happen to ASICMINER share price when this blows open?
kooke

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 03:32:40 AM

No need to wonder about that one Cheesy

AJRGale

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 12:23:58 PM

I just want to know, what makes them scammers? they Have shipped the 1st batch, if you follow their blogs/tweets/etc. you Will see the problems they have dealt with? no, lets call them all scammers because you don't talk to them and you haven't got your product yet.

you try selling out a costly mistake of 10K dud chips from misaligned Photo-lithographic mask. these guys are not Intel or AMD you know.

am i on their side? no, they could of marketed the whole thing a lot better then this, they should of accounted for these issues.

one thing i do look at is more then one side of the issue. BFL has an angry mob at their doors, i don't join the crowd, i look for why they are there.
pekv2

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 01:17:40 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2013, 01:12:49 PM by pekv2

Aren't someone already shipping out asic machines? um, forget the name [1]. I dunno, would they go up? I know bfl asic share holders will be screwed, like myself.

Edit:

[1]Avalon asics.
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 07:14:15 PM

I just want to know, what makes them scammers? they Have shipped the 1st batch, if you follow their blogs/tweets/etc. you Will see the problems they have dealt with? no, lets call them all scammers because you don't talk to them and you haven't got your product yet.

you try selling out a costly mistake of 10K dud chips from misaligned Photo-lithographic mask. these guys are not Intel or AMD you know.

am i on their side? no, they could of marketed the whole thing a lot better then this, they should of accounted for these issues.

one thing i do look at is more then one side of the issue. BFL has an angry mob at their doors, i don't join the crowd, i look for why they are there.
You have much reading and catching up to do.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:00:55 AM

You have much reading and catching up to do.

This.

Hfleer

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:59:37 AM

That's an understatement.  I just saw that poll now, 77% for 22% against.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:39:56 AM

Because we don't give scammer tags based on popular vote. If we don't hear any more updates after the next few months, then we'll talk.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:16:51 AM

Because we don't give scammer tags based on popular vote. If we don't hear any more updates after the next few months, then we'll talk.

Theymos said that in early April.

Hopefully we don't repeat that in the next month as I will likely post about it again.

And true it shouldn't be based on popular vote, but you can not discount the community at large on this forum from being able to gauge what WE as a majority believe is true or not.

Actions speak louder, BFL's actions speak of scam. Pirate delayed on his payments and was given a scammer tag.

BFL promised a 1000 BTC charity donation if they didn't meet their power specs/hash speeds when they shipped. Which they did not. Yet they have not paid their bet. Even Josh has admitted that they do not view the bet (although was done in good faith on this forum publicly) as high priority.

My point being is I do not see ANY difference between the two scenarios described above, yet BFL gets away with whatever the fuck they want.

Just sayin...

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

The interesting thing about what I have said concerning BFL is completely unbiased.

I have no stake in any ASIC hardware, and may never will. I dont plan to order from any of the new vendors, current or future as I believe holding bitcoins > mining bitcoins.

That being said, although I am viewed as a troll on this forum, I do also out the truth on many topics.

People ignore me because of that. That is fine. But my point is, people should not discount what is blatantly obvious in front of their faces and that includes BFL getting a scammer tag for renigging on many different promises over the past 12 months.

That alone should get them a DUMBASS Scammer Tag or something special of that sort.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: