Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:59:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Happen If All Currency become Worthless?  (Read 387 times)
hyadumadha (OP)

Activity: 254
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:59:45 PM

I just want to raise a question.

What if all legal currency that owned by each country in this worlds is no longer valuable?
Lets say world war III ruin everything or the big restart come to happen in our old system of economy?
The time that we will raging and fighting for food to stay alive.

Whether our bitcoin remain valuable?

I just remember what Einstein said that World War 4 (after WW 3) we will come back with throwing stone and stick as a weapon.
Any opinion?

Should we make a coin that backed up with Food supplies as it our main needs to stay alive?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dakovic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:37:44 PM

As long as data can still be sent over the internet, blockchain will live.  A food backed blockchain would be the same as any commodity backed blockchain, I would think.  I also think that wouldn't really be possible, but idk, I'm not an expert.  If all currency became worthless, including blockchain because of a mass internet outage, then yeah we are back to sticks and twigs and shiny baubles to trade.  But unless every library and every developer and electrical engineer just died and there was no way to remember our technology, it wouldn't last and a new, or the old blockchain would rise again, eventually. 
dezeer22

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:54:49 PM

If this really happened - which is super super unlikely - we could see Bitcoin price skyrocket well over $100,000 a coin. Let's do some quick math eh?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDEcDRzUwAExsPZ.jpg

That's 191 Trillion Dollars + 1.4 Trillion Dollars = 192.4 Trillion Dollars in the world market (just off those major marketplaces too!) which would equate the 21 Million coins each being worth: $9,161,905

Woah.
vok-wok_hok

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 10:06:05 AM

I think that all currencies can not be destroyed even in the event of war, because people need some kind of tool for the exchange of goods and services. Unless only because of damage to the Internet, electronic currencies may temporarily disappear.

eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 10:15:26 AM

I think that all currencies can not be destroyed even in the event of war, because people need some kind of tool for the exchange of goods and services. Unless only because of damage to the Internet, electronic currencies may temporarily disappear.
I agree, I think it is hard to destroy all currencies. I guess it is impossible that currencies become worthless. This is one of the major needs of the bank, if there is no currencies there are also no banks at all. Businessmen will also destroy. We all need to have a currency, so we can have a tool to use to exchange goods and services like what you've said. Currencies are very important.
Servalead7

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

I happy to part this Bitcoin Forum

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

If All Currency become worthless, we can go back to barter system. We started from nothing. So there's nothing new under the sun. And I believe, crypto currency is the best solution for our economy because its hard to control this decentralized system. And blockchain is so powerful. We need stable currency.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
superplus

Activity: 475
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:37:43 PM

you all get part time job right? lol
Spoderman

Activity: 122

Swinging from buildings in my spare time.

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:52:41 PM

When all currency is worthless we will be using seeds as currency and doing barter to get things we need. Everyone will have to produce something people want otherwise they will starve.
XXXzorro

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:20:38 PM

When all currency is worthless we will be using seeds as currency and doing barter to get things we need. Everyone will have to produce something people want otherwise they will starve.
and i think this would be better for us, everyone has to do something to get his food and other needs
and we will use commodity swaps to get things that we need from others.
astrid.uchiha24

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:28:39 PM

If all the currencies including crypto currencies become worthless, there is a war for sure and having a depression at the same time. There is no trade, market as well as business community. the world is running through fear and chaos, violence and mass killing.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
hyadumadha (OP)

Activity: 254
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:54:02 PM

And all of this can be suddenly happen, the one that have the most food supply will survive and control the others human being. Do you guys already heard about the Svalbard Doomsday Gene Vault? Who own that place?
helars2008

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:41:35 PM

Looking at the scenario that you have given...
It could be possible that all currency in the world could be worthless, but this could only happen on a total nuclear world war...
All countries being hit by this war and was totally devasted could make their worthless...
The reason why is because during this time people won't value their money anymore..
But instead they will only struggle to survive...
Food is much more important than money..
Therefore people will only trade food for something very useful and money will not be useful by then..
Hence the beginning of barter trade...
Also i think that even btc will be worthless during this time...

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pompei

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:08:13 AM

If all the currency became worthless no one will stay here in the forum it will be useless. But this would be impossible to happen it would take centuries before the currency loose its value.
connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 12:31:01 AM

With the kind of money that pouring into crypto currency,  there is a good chance it can replace those currently existing currency whenever they become worthless.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: