Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:37:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative exchange for Litecoin?  (Read 330 times)
OMlite (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:00:03 PM

Hello,
 I was on BTC-e just because it was the oldest and most trusted LTC exchange.
Considering that we do not know if and when BTCe will come back, I'd like to resume my LTC trading activity since we are in times of great opportunities Smiley

Can you suggest me a licensed, regulated, and safe LTC exchange?
I always close my positions to coins, no need for FIAT withdraws.
I also do not mind to fully register (ID and so on) if the exchange is legit and safe (meaning, no identity fraud or else).

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:09:21 PM

Kraken and Bittrex are both well reputed and you can use it without a problem. You don't have verification Id needed in Kraken, as long you don't need to transfer/deposit over 25000$ to/from your bank account. Over this limit only you will need to be verified to a superior level.
But honestly, I have no idea if both are licensed
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:14:33 PM

Hello,
Considering that we do not know if and when BTCe will come back, I'd like to resume my LTC trading activity since we are in times of great opportunities Smiley

I also do not mind to fully register (ID and so on) if the exchange is legit and safe (meaning, no identity fraud or else).

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Just want to give you a real fact here, we can't say that an exchange is safe even it is licensed. Look at your view on BTC-e, a trusted exchanges but now turned into shitty one.

To answer the topic title, I suggest using Poloniex. As usual even in other exchanges, no need to do verification to start trading but you will have a withdrawal limit. The volume here is pretty nice compate to other exchanges and never did a problem using this exchange until now.
OMlite (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:28:29 PM

Thank you both for the answer Smiley

Just want to give you a real fact here, we can't say that an exchange is safe even it is licensed. Look at your view on BTC-e, a trusted exchanges but now turned into shitty one.

BTC-e was unregistered and failed to complain to fincen rules...
to avoid the same situation, I was looking for an exchange that is solid and legit under registrations and money transmitting rules.

To answer the topic title, I suggest using Poloniex. As usual even in other exchanges, no need to do verification to start trading but you will have a withdrawal limit. The volume here is pretty nice compate to other exchanges and never did a problem using this exchange until now.

i'm looking in to Poloniex, Kraken, and Bittrex right now.
They do not seem particularly open about they financial details or registration...
or, at least, I'm failing to find specific info about that.
OMlite (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:40:00 PM

I.E.
what's wrong with coinbase and its relative gdax?
They seem pretty solid, registered and gdax appeared to be also insured up to 250k per user...

Am I missing something?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:56:19 PM

BTC-e was anonymous and flouted plenty of regulations. Its demise was only a matter of time. Having said that it may well come back from the dead. The American government is responsible for its shittiness in case you hadn't noticed.

You're now suggesting Poloniex? A place that takes several months to answer one support ticket and has regular outages and freezes? With quasi anonymous staff and not much in the way of regulation? That's a crap suggestion.

Bitstamp does LTC now as well. They're officially legit, albeit extremely uptight.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:03:50 PM

BTC-e was anonymous and flouted plenty of regulations. Its demise was only a matter of time. Having said that it may well come back from the dead. The American government is responsible for its shittiness in case you hadn't noticed.

You're now suggesting Poloniex? A place that takes several months to answer one support ticket and has regular outages and freezes? With quasi anonymous staff and not much in the way of regulation? That's a crap suggestion.

Bitstamp does LTC now as well. They're officially legit, albeit extremely uptight.

times really have changed. i feel bad now having suggested btc-e to so many people over the years; it was always my favorite exchange just for sheer reliability and order execution, and access to the major altcoin markets.

now i'd suggest that people use bitstamp or coinbase for their LTC trading. after this experience with btc-e, i'm concerned about using poloniex, bittrex, bitfinex or kraken since none of them are licensed as an MSB in the states they serve... Undecided

janedt

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:53:05 AM

Hello,

Any suggestions?

Thank you

There is no safe exchanges in crypto world because so many big exchanges turn into scam. Based on coinmarketcap, the biggest volume fpr LTC exchange is poloneix, bitfinex, bittrex and kraken. If i must choose, i rather choose bittrex and kraken to trade my coins here and i think you don't need to verification your id on bittrex.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:49:58 AM

There is no safe exchanges in crypto world because so many big exchanges turn into scam. Based on coinmarketcap, the biggest volume fpr LTC exchange is poloneix, bitfinex, bittrex and kraken. If i must choose, i rather choose bittrex and kraken to trade my coins here and i think you don't need to verification your id on bittrex.

this is why i can't stand these jerks blaming us for using unregulated exchanges. every exchange you mentioned is unlicensed and yet serves US customers. this is where volume is traded! if you want positions of any significance, it's tough to get by with coinbase or bitstamp. but now that the world police (FBI) have taken down the world's oldest and most trusted litecoin exchange, what is a chikun to do?

and you don't need to verify ID on any of those exchanges (poloniex, bitfinex, bittrex, kraken); they each just have different withdrawal limits based on verification tier.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:55:57 AM

and you don't need to verify ID on any of those exchanges (poloniex, bitfinex, bittrex, kraken); they each just have different withdrawal limits based on verification tier.

Bittrex has just massively reduced unverified withdrawals. I think it's something like 0.025 BTC or something equally daffy. The first level of verification is very basic though.

It's an odd one about Kraken. They're supposedly based in San Francisco. I don't see how they're happy to serve US customers without pleasing The Man.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: