Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 11:06:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammers have stolen my money  (Read 4315 times)
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1311

Get your game girl

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:15:10 PM

Yesterday I want get BTH on my blockchain wallet
What is BTH ? Did this genius just invest his own coin ?
ultraspiritual

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:22:00 PM

sorry to hear that man, hope the loss wasn't too big

cryptocurrencies need to be a lot more user friendly before mainstream adoption for day to day transactions, otherwise these types of scenarios will happen more and more
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:46:30 PM

I am sorry for your losses, but I guess there is no way to get your BTC back. Since the scammers have your 12 words Backup phrase, I suggest you not to use this wallet again.
DIAH PERMATASARI

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 01:07:03 PM

Nowadays should be more careful in doing activities related to account / wallet, all it will be risky for the wallet that you use.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 01:24:25 PM

sorry to hear this, I hope that next time you should be more careful, don't just give your information to strangers, though their offer seems to be great, always think that if is is to good to be true, that might be a scam and also,try not be to be greedy, hard work always pays off.
7jaka7

Activity: 628
Merit: 276

BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 01:33:15 PM

Now I understand that I was very trusting and stupid, I had to be more careful, at that moment I did not feel the danger

At least you learned something Smiley So for next time: NEVER share your private key (word phrase) with anyone. Write it down on 2-3 papers and store them in safe place.

SECURE YOUR CRYPTO ASSETS | GET SOME FREE SATOSHI'S | TRADE ON BINANCE 
Disclaimer: All links are affiliate/refferal! Thank you for using them! Smiley
JorisK

Activity: 199
Merit: 128

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 01:41:56 PM

I'm sorry for you, it's very sad.

The way i got into crypto currencies was by first reading a lot. After that, i bought for $50, tried a lot of stuff out, including backing up, restoring etc.

Once i had enough confidence in it, i started investing more and more.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 01:54:10 PM

The moment you share your password/ private keys /backup phrase etc with anyone, it is no more your funds. Thus it is strongly recommended not to share the credential even with the CEO of the company in which you are holding your funds (he won't need to ask for the credential of your account to steal your money by the way). The best way to maintain high-level security it to keep wallet away from the internet as much as you can since it is created (for the cold storage wallets). There are further security precautions to keep online funds safe (but it is not recommended to keep it online).

Now coming back to your case, I think you should try to find out as much as info of the video uploader. The legal proceeding might help you but I see very rare chance of it. Thanks for raising this topic on board as it will help other newbies to prevent themselves from such scams. Hope you will take precautions next time.
fathur.aza

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 01:58:27 PM

I also have to be careful in doing activities, especially ayang associated with the official account and account / wallet, because it will all be a big risk to us all.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:08:41 PM

I also have to be careful in doing activities, especially ayang associated with the official account and account / wallet, because it will all be a big risk to us all.

You should be careful of fraud. The are lot of scammers in websites and Internet. You should take care.Its your money ,you should beware of fraud. They only care of money not for others poverty. They are in few members. You should find them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 02:17:33 PM

Hi
My ID in blockchain  368ac49b-9f06-440f-b4ef-58343905e5bc
Yesterday I want get BTH on my blockchain wallet and finded video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRZHTt_lwBA&t=1s. I make step by steps by this video and as result all my money was stolen.
As I understand today thieves can do this after know my Backup phrase of 12 words and sent my money to 1Be7Ej9WA8ioDuqrRKCaGcCBM6Uu3Mci53. I don't know all this nuances, please help me return my money.
Thanks

Sorry to hear about your loses.

But the most worrying aspect is that the scammers have stolen around $210,000 till now, and the robberies are going on even as we debate about it. The original video was taken down from YouTube by the uploaders themselves, but it will be still getting circulated through other platforms.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:24:23 PM

Now I understand that I was very trusting and stupid, I had to be more careful, at that moment I did not feel the danger
Trusting someone online is like giving away your money for free,never share anything that could rip you off and when it comes to crypto currency your ownership lasts as long as you hold your private key and password and if you cant keep those safe,then virtual currency is not your world ,there is no sense in buying millions of dollars of digital currency if you are not capable of safeguarding your assets.
mobilestrike

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:37:01 PM

sorry to hear this, I hope that next time you should be more careful, don't just give your information to strangers, though their offer seems to be great, always think that if is is to good to be true, that might be a scam and also,try not be to be greedy, hard work always pays off.
I will suggest him the same. Scammers always are in search of innocent people who are new to trading. They give them exciting offers, showing them shortcuts of earning grand profits. We all should be really careful when someone is offering us more than what he is demanding us to do. Besides always work hard to have a grand profit than searching for the shortcuts.
Naganua (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:14:45 PM

bitcoin cash
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:37:56 PM

Hi
My ID in blockchain  368ac49b-9f06-440f-b4ef-58343905e5bc
Yesterday I want get BTH on my blockchain wallet and finded video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRZHTt_lwBA&t=1s. I make step by steps by this video and as result all my money was stolen.
As I understand today thieves can do this after know my Backup phrase of 12 words and sent my money to 1Be7Ej9WA8ioDuqrRKCaGcCBM6Uu3Mci53. I don't know all this nuances, please help me return my money.
Thanks

You will never get back your money.
After you send Bitcoin, transaction is 100% IRREVERSIBLE.
Unfortunately, you are like the other who have been scammed (including myself).
Hopefully someday this will stop happening and there will be more security measures to stop scammers.
NEVER give your private keys or seed phrase to anyone or they can scam you.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:38:16 PM

Yesterday I want get BTH on my blockchain wallet
I'm sure he doesn't even know what he's writing.
I'm not going to say 'sorry for your loss', because I'm not.
Let that be a lesson to you, not to be a complete dumb ass
in the future.  Smarten up and you won't get scammed.
BTH.  You're clueless.
ViceOfBTC21

Activity: 438
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:45:20 PM

You had lot of time to withdraw coins if you wanted to get BCC. It's your fault not Blockchain's one. Use web wallets only for small amount of BTC ($100 is enough for emergency).
Brigalabdis

Activity: 278

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:55:58 PM

Don't trust any people about your money because 10 percent in this business are the only legit and the rest are scam. Dont do the work that are not legit it is more good that sure even not that kind of interest that you want.

Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:21:17 PM

You should have known better if you know that the private key is a 12 word pass phrase you should never have fallen for that. Why did you ? How much did you lose exactly ? I also see that youtuber closer their account. Must have got some bad comments and flags. You need to be very careful following links online esspecially when it comes to finance. There many hungry scammers that would see their own mother to make a buck. Sad but true.

xdev

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:47:28 PM

Just my two cents and from experience within the cryptocurrency community. There is a reason why most people involved in cryptocurrency are insanely suspicious. The amount of phising, scams and hack attempts are ridiculous right now and aimed towards anyone that is vocal about their business in the cryptoworld. Its enough that you write on Twitter for someone to check if your email is registered on an exchange and for them to try to hack your password.

Extreme precaution, safe and extremely long passwords and 2FA is the only way you will be somewhat safe. I'm afraid that wont be enough in the long run
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: