Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: False Confirmed Transaction on my bitcoin wallet  (Read 1121 times)
RustyNail6009 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:05:08 AM

I am new to the crypto world and I noticed a  confirmed transaction on my account that was not done by me.  Anything I can do or did I just get hacked?Using Bitcoin Core V 13.1 with encryption.  Thanks for any help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:33:35 AM

I am new to the crypto world and I noticed a  confirmed transaction on my account that was not done by me.  Anything I can do or did I just get hacked?Using Bitcoin Core V 13.1 with encryption.  Thanks for any help!

If you didnt make this transaction, then some one else has the keys to your account. Thats the only way this works, Im afraid.

So, you need to GET THOSE COINS THE FUCK OUT Of that wallet before i finish typing this sentence. Im done now, so you are losing time good sir.

Im serious. STOP READING THIS RIGHT NOW AND MOVE THE  REST OF YOUR COINS. Because your hacker could be reading this thread as we speak, you seem to be carrying malware.

The possibility of address collision is damn near statistically impossible. So, because your address is most likely new, and unused, activity on this address means the key is compromised. Make sure you are running the official version of the client; there are a lot of assholes linking malware designed to send your coins into infinity and beyond. Which apparently means Russia and North Korea Grin

But seriously, if you are still reading this you didnt take me seriously enough. YOUR SHIT IS QUITE POSSIBLY GONE at this point. You most likely have malware designed to compromise bitcoind; move your coins anywhere else (this is the rare time I would suggest an exchange, for the sake of speed) and run all of the virus scans, all of them, dammit.

Good luck. If you are still reading this and havent moved your coins, you are an idiot.

Dont be an idiot, bruv Wink
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:40:30 AM

Hey, its me again. I just realized it may be too late already, you didnt say if that transaction was your whole balance. If it was, don't be mad, you just learned a valuable lesson about bitcoin security. take a deep breath and let it all out. punch some shit. rail at reality for a second, then come back to the keyboard and continue reading.

You have just joined the club that most of the senior members have already paid dues to, the "fuck man I got hacked!" club. Wear this proudly, I promise you wont make this mistake again. It hurts, bro, just like it hurt when they took my * bitcoin. and my .5 bitcoin. and my 1.5 bitcoin as well (because it took me a long time to follow my own advice).

Meh, its suck, I know. But we feel and understand your pain, and we hope you recover from this. im sorry bro, bitcoin is a blessing to modern society, but this is what happens when you insert humans into the mix. Bullshit.

Be strong man. its just money. tasty, useful money, but you will recover from this. let this move beyond you, and heal.

God bless you.
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 05:09:20 AM

Yes bro, that sucks, but probably your wallet have been hacked.
someone else knows your private key and stoled your bitcoins. If they took only a few btc then the best thing to do is to withdraw all the btc left on that wallet, but if your whole btc balance has been withdrow then you are fuck*d.
there is nothing you can do more than creating a new wallet.
good luck, hope to hear from you again

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
efeaydin

Activity: 181
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 09:15:27 AM

Your wallet has been hacked. Maybe they found your private key without a virus or your computer has a virus. You should run antivirus scans on your computer. If the virus is detected, antivirus will delete the virus.

I advice you to buy a hardware wallet or install a wallet on another safe device and send your BTCs to there.
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 09:57:02 AM

Yes, you got hacked or scammed. It could very well be a virus on your PC that stole them. It could be that your Bitcoin Core is not legit as well. It could be that you somehow disclosed your private keys or maybe even generated them using an online service that took your coins now. But assuming you downloaded Bitcoin Core from a trusted source or compiled it yourself and you generated keys using it's graphical interface and you didn't mess around the command line in the debug window, then you have a virus that either stole your wallet before it was encrypted (shouldn't use addresses that were in an unencrypted wallet) or from the memory when your wallet was unlocked or most likely just used a keyloger to snatch your wallet password and stole your encrypted wallet.
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 11:04:10 AM

Although it doesn't seem likely, OP didn't actually specify; so just in case it was an incoming transaction and not an outgoing one, you should know that in that situation there is not really any indication that you've been hacked. If you see an outgoing transaction that you don't remember authorizing then it sounds like you were hacked and like everyone else is saying you should move any coins that might be left in the wallet out right away.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:14:07 PM

Hey what happened in the end? Did this guy managed to move the remaining coins out of the wallet to some place more secure, or did he lost them all? I noticed that he was active even after GreenBits posted his message.
phillymogul
Copper Member

Activity: 56
Merit: 7

global marketer and strategist

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 12:27:23 PM

Hi-

I am also new to crypto world. So it is good to see the quick feedback on this topic.
The advice of moving quickly to withdraw and change wallet is helpful. Also interesting 
that many senior members have had this also happen to them.

I just scheduled a virus scan for my computer. The lesson is also to check the sources
where we download Bitcoin Core and protect my account keys.

Thanks!

NORMBONDMARKETS.com
NORMBONDMARKETS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: