Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:39:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with cash from sales  (Read 769 times)
metalbean (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:47:54 AM

Hi guys, what do you guys normally do with the monies? keep it in exchange for future purchases or transfer it to your bank account.

And if the latter do you then put it in the fixed deposits for stable interest rates?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:36:13 AM

Are you talking about sales from selling crypto? I personally only sell what I have to, which is pretty much just loans. I put almost all of my other earnings in bitcoin.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 03:57:03 AM

Sales? As in selling? I'm not familiar with that scenario in the crypto currency world. People sell their crypto currency?!

I'm kidding, of course. But my question is if you don't have something specific you need to spend the proceeds on (like a debt) why are you selling your crypto currency? One of the fundamental characteristics of crypto currency is the finite money supply, which means that if demand is constant the crypto currency is worth more tomorrow than it is today. That reason alone should want you to keep yoru crypto currency on balance, in your wallet.

I'd recommend keeping as little of your wealth in fiat currency. Fiat currency is always worth less tomorrow than it is today.
Labay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:22:12 AM

I will do trading than transfer it to bank account. I will earn some bitcoin using trading.

❏  ixian    Github -    Discord - ANN -    Telegram - Reddit - Twitter      ❏  ixian
66.6  TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND                 REDEFINING HOW WE CONNECT               GET INVOLVED NOW
██████ Data Streaming Hybrid-Proof DLT  Blockchain based IM  ██████
pacifista

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:48:45 AM

Hi guys, what do you guys normally do with the monies? keep it in exchange for future purchases or transfer it to your bank account.

And if the latter do you then put it in the fixed deposits for stable interest rates?

Some banks are already prone into frauds,  which is that saving in a bank these days is not a good idea. You dont have full control of your money, better to invest it or put in a wallet where you have the private keys.
ladydark

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:49:56 AM

I sell only a small percentage of my bitcoins by transferring it to my localbitcoins wallet to meet my family expenses.I always plan to save the remaining bitcoins safely in my wallet for my future.Earlier i sold some bitcoins and invested in some altcoins for trading.But since now bitcoin price is increasing high,i feel comfortable in holding bitcoins itself.

FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:55:43 AM

What money? you mean our coins? I store it in my bitcoin wallet, for now I am saving it into a exchanger because there are some times where I really need money and I just cash out some when I do. When I need money I do transfer them to my bank account.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:01:09 AM

I usually hold all my crypto in their respective wallet and not in any web wallet or exchange platform because I don't like to loss all my assets when someone will be arrested in another part of the world (referring to recent btc-e shutdown).  Grin

When I think price gonna have some correction, I try to sell those crypto at peak price and keep those fiat or USDT in the exchange platform for next few days to buy back cheap coins again ad quickly pull them out to my wallet (offline/SPV).
hajimasan

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:12:13 AM

Actually here to do a particular work is a stupid thinking by anyone , so to do work with the money in multiple ways is a better option for the economical growth with better stability .
Here i myself made earnings about 0.1+ btc in one month and then  transferred 30% in my trading job again and 30% in my wallet for btc savings for long term and 30% in the cash bank deposit .
And rest of 10% investment in the enjoying life because there is nothing in life if we have no joy , so better to spend some money for enjoy and sometimes i made gambling with this small amount to remain free from mind stress .
So here i am thinking that doing every possible work that people can do use thier earnings Cool
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:58:39 AM

What to do with cash ? Try seperating for different purposes. Put some for investments like in bitcoin, the pump in price is definitely faster than in banks. I would rather keep it in my BTC wallet than putting it in bank. Try to put some in tradings or some for your luxury so that you can enjoy your earnings too.
pigfrown

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:11:51 AM

Put it under your mattress.

Diversify into gold/silver.

Put it in an exchange and wait for either a) the exchange to get hacked or b) you lose all your coins trying to time the market

Put it in a bank and wait for either a) the banks to confiscate your funds b) the next recession and bank run.

Bitrated user: pigfrown.
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:20:32 AM

With what I make on selling is used to meet my requirements. Without any requirements I never sell my coins, because I find it more secure and an way better to profit holding as it is rather than keeping it in the way of fiat. Fiat on saving to an bank account gives a mere profit as interest which is quite low compared to the profit got from bitcoin.
nkmt

Activity: 142

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:24:08 AM

I put it into the stock market and make a killing there.

help fight GFW: 1nkmtbqNDP53phPDSEvmEaTSv7cA2ZS9Z
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:25:24 AM

I do not suggest you guys to keep fiats. Personally I keep my money in bitcoins and wait for a perfect price to enter in altcoins. If the altcoins' price are too high, I put my btcs in lending wallet (bitfinex) to profit from borrowers...

If you are not comfortable in placing money with cryptos, you may try putting it in stocks or microfinancing. always remember that banks should never be an option. I repeat, banks should never be an option!  Roll Eyes
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:08:58 PM

Do you mean the profit from cryptocurrency ? Many people here might be saving that profit in the form of bitcoin itself, because bitcoin is unique in itself. It is more profitable then a Fixed deposit in any bank. We can anytime in cash bitcoins according to our needs, but i individually like to spent more and more coins and invest them so that i get a good daily profit.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:07:30 PM

Sales? As in selling? I'm not familiar with that scenario in the crypto currency world. People sell their crypto currency?!

I'm kidding, of course. But my question is if you don't have something specific you need to spend the proceeds on (like a debt) why are you selling your crypto currency? One of the fundamental characteristics of crypto currency is the finite money supply, which means that if demand is constant the crypto currency is worth more tomorrow than it is today. That reason alone should want you to keep yoru crypto currency on balance, in your wallet.

I'd recommend keeping as little of your wealth in fiat currency. Fiat currency is always worth less tomorrow than it is today.
I too think the same. Instead of just converting the cryptocurrency to fiat, we can store them in the wallet and then sell it when its double the price we bought. It will be more profitable I guess instead of just converting it to fiat which is worth nothing in future. Instead of just keeping the cryptocurrency in wallet, we can also use it to have some more profits on trading, investing, etc (Of course with some knowledge).
zoelhack

Activity: 165

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:29:03 PM

I will make a market entry in order to commit murder there, and I also put my income into bitcoin.
masterwakokok7

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:09:58 AM

My decisions will depend on the situations. If there's an emergency, I would probably withdraw it. Health is wealth. If there's no case of emergency or urgency, Then I would probably reinvest it in Trading. If I don't the need money then It's best for me to make it grow, Though I make sure that I still have enough in me in my wallet in times of fortuitous events.

NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:26:44 AM

Convert them to Bitcoin and then just let it sleep if you don't actually have any plan on your cash. The profit you will surely get is much much bigger than what you can get from depositing them in your bank. Save in cold wallet if you want them to be safer.
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:44:59 AM

It is not the smartest idea at all to hold coins on an exchanger. Look at the story of Bitfinex of the last year and the new one  BTC-e.
I deposit money on the exchanger only when I short with money and need some financial support. But why to ask for it from parents and friends if I can cash out mBTC and I am full with money again?!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: