Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:03:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What programming language should I learn for Bitcoin PTC site?  (Read 775 times)
CodeAndCoins (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 04:09:44 AM

I have basic knowledge on Programming Language. So that it will not hard for me to learn new programming language.
If I want to develop Bitcoin PTC site which will use FaucetHub API. And to develop such project, I should have knowledge on HTML, CSS, Javascript, JSON, MY SQL, PHP. What do you think what other language should I learn. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:35:12 PM

I dont know much about programming language, but as a clicker for a long time i think php, mysql and a little javascript (and css for design) are enough to make a ptc site.
efeaydin

Activity: 181
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:06:45 PM

I have basic knowledge on Programming Language. So that it will not hard for me to learn new programming language.
If I want to develop Bitcoin PTC site which will use FaucetHub API. And to develop such project, I should have knowledge on HTML, CSS, Javascript, JSON, MY SQL, PHP. What do you think what other language should I learn. Smiley

You should know HTML, CSS and JS to design your website.
There is lots of options for back end. You can use PHP, ASP.NET, Python Django, Ruby on Rails and more.

I advice you to use PHP or Python. All languages have their advantages and disadvantages. I use PHP and I think it is fine.

You don't need to know any other languages.
xdeltax

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:09:10 PM

I tried a lot in the last 10 years. After beeing myself a long time into PHP and vanilla Javascript, everything, everone (and me) is shifting to Frameworks. PHP and plain Javascript, CSS is maybe a little bit "old-scool" and more usefull for these "good old" static webpages.

Today everthing (user experience) must be reactive and "realtime".

My recommandation would be to keep it simple in the beginning. Concentrate on one language (Javascript) only (there is still enough to learn).

Maybe start with MeteorJS. You get realtime Client/Server-communication backed by a MongoDB out of the box without any configuration. There are many tutorials for the meteor-framework.

Later you could / should switch to
 Clientside: ReactJS for Web-Development and React Native for Mobile-Dev.
 Serverside: NodeJS with MongoDB

Thats all you need.

Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:21:31 PM

Well most of the ptc websites use php and mysql for user databases for backend, as for front end you should know how to code in html and css, if you can learn a front end framework like bootstrap it help you a lot, also let me tell you that, developing a ptc website from scratch is no easy task, you will have to keep in mind all the edge scenarios. if you are a total newbie i won't recommend you to make a ptc website as your first project. Go small and then go big when you think you have all the skills polished, anyway good luck with this project.

In short, learn html css Javascript jquery ajax php and mysql, you should be good to go.
CodeAndCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 06:25:18 AM

Thanks all of you for your Helpful reply. Now I know I have to start with small then go for big. Smiley
maciak

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:16:39 PM

if u want to study programming u should choose javascript
JTASSOCIATES

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:45:46 AM

As I am newbie what I observe is Java is comfort enough which has more potential in programming.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 04:10:45 AM

I think learning the LAMP stack would be beneficial (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).  So the basic necessities for the site you wish to build would be PHP, MySQL (sql), HTML, Javascript and CSS if you wish to style your site. Do your best to develop the site without the use of frameworks / external libraries unless they are absolutely required. It may take more time, but you'll learn a lot more in the process.

In the future, I would take a look into Python as a secondary language to learn.

Good luck!

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:42:39 AM

You do not need to learn another programming language, enough PHP and Javascript for these purposes.
If you want modern project, learn node.js and react.js.
CodeAndCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 06:13:17 AM

On which language should I consider, to manage and access FaucetHub API?
xdeltax

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:39:36 PM

it's an API. you can access an API with nearly every language you like.
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 02:08:23 AM

it's an API. you can access an API with nearly every language you like.

Exactly. It's really not about what language can interact with the API, It's which language you want to learn. However, I wouldn't exactly pick something like Java for this when compared to PHP. You would be able to learn PHP quicker (due to less of a learning curve) and have something out in production quicker with less setup time.

FaucetHub also has a PHP Library for interacting with their API, which may make your life a little easier. But if using a library, do your best to fundamentally understand how the library works instead of just using it and forgetting it.
https://faucethub.io/phplib

Web Developer. PM for details.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: