Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:00:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Visual comparison of pool payout methods based on real-world data  (Read 9039 times)
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 07:30:55 PM

I am only seeing data for a 2.5 day time window.  Is it supposed to be a week's worth of data or did I misunderstand?
Hrm, you're right. That's odd. It's supposed to be Jul 16 - 25 :/

OH WAIT >_<

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 04:25:01 PM

Ok, got the issues worked out and regenerated everything based on July 8 to 20 (12 days). Since Eligius-Su has had absurdly good luck on average, I decided to artificially drop 1/3 of the blocks to make it have somewhat bad luck. Since most of the PPS systems pay exactly PPS during good luck, I consider the bad luck scenario to be of more importance to "get right". In addition, I am now simulating 3 miners: the default constant 800 MH/s, the hopper 800 MH/s who only mines for the first 43% of difficulty shares, and the "newbie" 800 MH/s who mines constantly starting 2/3 into the graph.

http://eligius.st/~luke-jr/samples/800MH-3/

twmz

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 04:28:53 PM

Ok, got the issues worked out and regenerated everything based on July 8 to 20 (12 days).

Looks great.  Are there definitions of the SMPPS variations somewhere?  I am unfamiliar with several of them (equalized pps, prop/pps, capped pps).

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 02:58:38 AM

I love this graph. However, it doesn't work right in Chrome btw, MSIE is needed. Also, if you added CGM and CPPSRB one day that'd be epic. Smiley
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:24:13 AM

Since Eligius-Su has had absurdly good luck on average...

You do realize that luck has little to do with the process of "winnings", as we are all essentially rolling 20-sided dice, thousands of times...

The "illusion" of luck comes from the fact that all encryption uses at-least ONE long-ass prime-number... That number, with consideration for your "wallet-key/ID", of the pool operators... determines how "easy" it is to hit your target of x-zeros.

EG, crypt any number by 3, and you will never have a zero. crypt any number by 13, and you will have a few zeros. crypt any number by 101, and you get a lot of zeros easily... The "number" is the result of the block-data. The crypt, is essentially the pool operators "wallet-key/ID" we are all using as the base-line to find the "solution" to the block. (The leading 00000's for the win.)

If you look at any pools results, it is exactly the same results of prime-number intersections, as seen in perlin-noise-waves. Highly predictable by the way. I can almost guess with about a 80% accuracy, when our next block will be, and how long our next hot-run will be, and how long it will take us to find that next slow-block. (The luck part, which is little to do with it, has to do with someone-else's "noise" taking our win, at that intersection of our divisor-prime, versus their divisor prime.)

EG... If you are a pool operator, you should be trying a new wallet every day. If the wallet has poorer results than your best wallet, scrap it. (Easy test is to see how fast and how close to a difficulty of 32 the shares come. If most are 32/32 that is a hot wallet. If they bounce all around like 487/32, 32/32, 14k/32, 87/32, 99/32... then it is a messy wallet with little chance of "good luck"... that wallet-key/ID is a "3" or a "7", with few results leading to a trailing zero result.)

Do your pool-joiners a favor, and give them a fighting chance... use a wallet that has the actual ability to create a difficulty 18,000,000 block. Or you will see most of your times lengthen to hours and hours, and others will quickly find blocks that could have been yours, because you were crunching away with a dirty key.

Plot your pool-wallet-key/ID results... you can visually see the better ones that way. (You need more than one users results to see what needs to be seen.)
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: