Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:13:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1+ free Ripple BTC giveaway - ended! See OP! (Over 455 BTC gaveaway)  (Read 17869 times)
Francesco

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:32:38 PM

It is all REAL BTC.

No it's not, it's a BTC IOU.  If it were real BTC you'd be able to spend it right away.

It is a promise to pay 1 BTC, is it not, a promise that is automatically and digitally made liquid the second you are trusted by anybody with a BTC IOU from a trusted source.

TradeFortress walked in to this with eyes wide open, hoping for exactly this result. It has happened, he has taken out 10.15 BTC worth of debt from a trusted source with me, which he now owes me. It's not my fault he's given it away.

More to the point, many other people could have been deceived out of up to 100 BTC each (and still could be), and 445+ people have been (potentially) let down by TradeFortress's as yet unfulfilled promises.

If this isn't a deceitful, foolish, untrustworthy, dirty thing to do, what is?

The idea behind Ripple is that you should only trust people you believe will pay for some good reason. If you trust random people, your problem, this is my position.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
webr3

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:38:16 PM

It is all REAL BTC.

No it's not, it's a BTC IOU.  If it were real BTC you'd be able to spend it right away.

It is a promise to pay 1 BTC, is it not, a promise that is automatically and digitally made liquid the second you are trusted by anybody with a BTC IOU from a trusted source.

TradeFortress walked in to this with eyes wide open, hoping for exactly this result. It has happened, he has taken out 10.15 BTC worth of debt from a trusted source with me, which he now owes me. It's not my fault he's given it away.

More to the point, many other people could have been deceived out of up to 100 BTC each (and still could be), and 445+ people have been (potentially) let down by TradeFortress's as yet unfulfilled promises.

The idea behind Ripple is that you should only trust people you believe will pay for some good reason. If you trust random people, your problem, this is my position.

So then, is TradeFortress good for the BTC he's promised people and taken from me, or is he not, is he trustworthy, or not?

I do not understand why this is being debated, if anybody else scammed a user out of BTC, potentially 455 users out of 100 BTC each, they would be gone in a second.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:42:19 PM

It is all REAL BTC.

You are the fool for granting trust for 100BTC to an anonymous guy on the interwebz.

If he defaults, what are you gonna do? Nothing.

What TradeFortress has done is a brilliant example of what Ripple is. There will be a lot of scams going on in Ripple, lot of people will get burnt.

webr3

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:54:25 PM

It is all REAL BTC.

You are the fool for granting trust for 100BTC to an anonymous guy on the interwebz.

What TradeFortress has done is a brilliant example of what Ripple is. There will be a lot of scams going on in Ripple, lot of people will get burnt.

What TradeFortress has done is abuse peoples trust, by using his reputation as trusted here to con people out of BTC. It doesn't matter what system is used, it has been abused.

This is nothing to do with ripple, and show's no flaw in it. It simply shows that you should be careful who you trust, always.

TradeFortress has asked for trust, and promised people money. He has incurred debt. He has a 100 BTC overdraft with many members of this forum, and he's cashed out over 10 BTC so far. This is money he owes.

TradeFortress is either trustworthy, or is not. So far, it seems he's one of the shadiest people I've ever met on the internet. He has facilitated nothing but his own demise.

TradeFortress, make good your promises, repay your debts, contact the people who issued trust to you and ask them to revoke it. What you have tried to do here is low and foolish.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:03:19 PM

It is all REAL BTC.

What TradeFortress has done is abuse peoples trust, by using his reputation as trusted here to con people out of BTC. It doesn't matter what system is used, it has been abused.

This is nothing to do with ripple, and show's no flaw in it. It simply shows that you should be careful who you trust, always.

TradeFortress has asked for trust, and promised people money. He has incurred debt. He has a 100 BTC overdraft with many members of this forum, and he's cashed out over 10 BTC so far. This is money he owes.

TradeFortress is either trustworthy, or is not. So far, it seems he's one of the shadiest people I've ever met on the internet. He has facilitated nothing but his own demise.

TradeFortress, make good your promises, repay your debts, contact the people who issued trust to you and ask them to revoke it. What you have tried to do here is low and foolish.

TradeFortress has done an excellent job.

You are a fool if you "trust" a guy because of his post count. You trust the blockchain and your Bitcoin private keys. You do not trust fractional reserve. You do not trust IOU's. You trust MONEY, not DEBT.

End of the lesson.

EDIT: you should be actually happy of this. Yours is an excellent example of what will come. You will pass to history to be the very first user to be left holding the bag inside Ripple. And I can guarantee that there will be A LOT of gullible people that will be left holding the bag inside Ripple, including a lot of XRP holders.

prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 07:15:22 PM

Reading this thread (just reading it, not participating in the experiment!) has finally made me understand how Ripple works. There were many threads that tried to explain Ripple, somehow I just did not get it because nobody could really explain to me exactly how the ownership of value (or the promise of such) propagates from A over B to C in Ripple and what it all means and its implications, now after reading this thread I finally understand. This thread is highly educational! Especially the explanation what happened to web3er's ฿10.15/Bitstamp finally made it all clear to me! Thank you!

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 08:08:23 PM

Kudos to tradefortress Smiley
So basically i understood ripple correctly even before this thread... And yes, it's useless.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
ecoop75

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 08:15:07 PM

Ripple well demonstrated.
Nice job guys.
webr3

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 08:53:45 PM

Reading this thread (just reading it, not participating in the experiment!) has finally made me understand how Ripple works. There were many threads that tried to explain Ripple, somehow I just did not get it because nobody could really explain to me exactly how the ownership of value (or the promise of such) propagates from A over B to C in Ripple and what it all means and its implications, now after reading this thread I finally understand. This thread is highly educational! Especially the explanation what happened to web3er's ฿10.15/Bitstamp finally made it all clear to me! Thank you!

It's simple really.

TradeFortress promised to pay each user 1 BTC who trusted him 100 BTC.
He sent IOUs for 1 BTC to each person who trusted him.
He had no BTC.
As soon as somebody who had trusted him had BTC backed by a gateway that was trustworthy, some of those promises has a trust chain back to a source which would turn the IOUs in to Blockchain BTC.

TradeFortress did not issue some kind of different, made up, BTC, he promised to pay people real BTC, sending them IOUs.

I trusted him, using an account with trusted BTC IOUs in it, and people then cashed out the BTC HE (TradeFortress) owed them.

So, TradeFortress owes me 10.15 BTC, nobody owes him any.

He also has many BTC promises ready to be cashed in, 455+ BTC by his own count, which can be cashed in the second anybody puts trusted btc IOUs from a reputable gateway in to any of those accounts.

The ripple system worked perfectly, and had already been demonstrated and used for months.

TradeFortress simply demonstrated it again, but in a very untrustworthy way, not fullfiling any of his promises. Simply, he only demonstrated that he is untrustworthy, and indeed that he doesn't pay back money he owes.

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 08:58:28 PM

It's simple really.

He had no BTC.
As soon as somebody who had trusted him had BTC backed by a gateway that was trustworthy, some of those promises has a trust chain back to a source which would turn the IOUs in to Blockchain BTC.

TradeFortress did not issue some kind of different, made up, BTC, he promised to pay people real BTC, sending them IOUs.

I trusted him, using an account with trusted BTC IOUs in it, and people then cashed out the BTC HE (TradeFortress) owed them.

He also has many BTC promises ready to be cashed in, 455+ BTC by his own count, which can be cashed in the second anybody puts trusted btc IOUs from a reputable gateway in to any of those accounts.

The ripple system worked perfectly, and had already been demonstrated and used for months.

TradeFortress simply demonstrated it again, but in a very untrustworthy way, not fullfiling any of his promises. Simply, he only demonstrated that he is untrustworthy, and indeed that he doesn't pay back money he owes.
good to see you lost 10.15 BTC by using a faulty/deprecated system and being stupid! its your own fault after all lol

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
webr3

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:08:45 PM

It's simple really.

He had no BTC.

good to see you lost 10.15 BTC by using a faulty/deprecated system and being stupid! its your own fault after all lol

Did you not read? I didn't loose any BTC. TradeFortress personally owes me it.

If I have "lost" that BTC, then TradeFortress has scammed me, and tried to scam a few hundred other bitcointalk users.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 09:52:29 PM

It's simple really.

He had no BTC.

Did you not read? I didn't loose any BTC. TradeFortress personally owes me it.

If I have "lost" that BTC, then TradeFortress has scammed me, and tried to scam a few hundred other bitcointalk users.

This is what you get when you deal with debt-backed money.

TradeFortress "experiment" is brilliant, as it is also a perfect example of how the actual debt based financial system works. You have witnessed a small scale and schematic reproduction of the same processes that triggered the recent financial crisis or the default of Argentina in 2001.

Trust + Money = problems, and this is the very point Bitcoin was designed to address.

slwchs

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:15:02 PM

i like this thing
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:14:13 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2013, 12:14:03 AM by Pale Phoenix

Has he said he won't pay you back? I find that hard to believe.

In post 11 of this thread he states:

B) I won't defraud/scam you out of any money. Yes, you can convert the BTC I send you to real BTCs. For continued discussion, send me a PM, responses will be deleted from this point.

Maybe you are jumping the gun?

EDIT: I've read the other thread in Scam Accusations and I'm no longer sure webr3 is being genuine about this whole thing, so I'll butt out.

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:10:02 AM

It is all REAL BTC.

Okay.  Where is it on the blockchain?  txid please.

TradeFortress offered you all a 1 BTC IOU, he said he owed you 1 BTC each. He essentially wrote you a cheque for 1 BTC with an empty bank account. The trust lines he asked you to set, was asking you to extend 100 BTC credit to him, which he could incur in debt.

An IOU in the absence of any consideration is just a naked promise.  Completely unenforceable.

TradeFortress pays me my 10.15 BTC back, or he is 10000% scamming, deceiving, and foolish.

What 10.15 BTC?  What are you talking about, back?  Show me the txid where you transferred 10.15 BTC to him.  A blockchain url will suffice.
yocko06

Activity: 182

1Kgyk4nQSzb3Pm9E9vWiGVyJ6jpPwripKf

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:19:14 AM

I have just been at bitcoin conference in san Jose ca, this was a great thing for bitcoin. One thing I noticed while at the conference is there where heaps of ripple employees/promoters their pretending to be bitcoin users and supporters. They where very sneaky and have also disguised themselves on this forum as bitcoin users by building up lots of posts. Have have seen ripple for what it is now. ripple is a group of people trying to fool people into using their system and their own crypto currency to get rich and hold a monopoly on the market.
ripple is not decentralized.
ripple is polluting bitcoin. they do not like bitcoin and this can be seen easily when speaking to them face to face. don't be fooled by clever marketing.
Ripple should only ever be discussed in alternate crypto section.
noelmal

Activity: 265

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:51:26 AM

don't be fooled by clever marketing.

shut up and take my money Wink
ganabb

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 08:22:40 AM

Bitcoin Address:

18XywD8EpEATSqZ7GDFQPETUPWmfhL8dJf

Dexter44

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 08:44:59 AM

Free ripple?
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 09:16:00 AM

This assholeness should stop. Point well taken, but that does not mean newbies scrambling to get into the crypto-currency World needs to become penniless to learn a lesson from the great TradeFortress - as if it is easier to get into all these anyway.

Please, give it a break and close the thread - or at least take it to the bitcoin millionaires if you have guts and spare the newbies. Seriously man, get a life.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: