Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 05:47:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin Currency Price Buying Question  (Read 224 times)
viking02 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:17:44 PM

Hey all.  So in many of posts i mentioned i want to get a lot of waves.  I bought some waves earlier but its not that much for me.  The thing is i want to get a lot of waves where this amount of waves could be worth a million dollars in the future etc.  Right now i dont have that much waves.  The thing is when i look at the price of waves, it has been going up.  That is of course good when you bought something at a certain price and it goes up.  However, the thing is i do not have enough waves that i want.  Because of that, i actually want waves to fall in price.  Im sure there are lot of people who bought an altcoin and then price goes up and you want to buy more.  But the issue is either you dont have that much money to buy it or you just want to buy it at cheaper price etc.  For me, i would buy all the waves i need now but my issue is i do not have enough money to do this unless i trade my bitcoin for it and also get money from my bank to get bitcoin to get waves etc.  I think anything less than 10 dollars for waves is a great buy etc.

So based on this, would you say waves going down in price is good for me in this scenario?  For example let say you want to have 3500 waves.  You only bought 50 waves at some 3 dollar price.  Then you buy another 150 waves at 3.50 etc.  Yes you have 200 waves.  But the thing is even if the price goes up a lot, you are not making that much money with 200 waves.  Surely you are not going to be a millionaire with 200 waves.  I dont know how much waves one needs but everyone seems to say waves is good.  So the thing is if you have say 200 waves at 3.50 and below price... then get say 1000 waves at 5 dollars.. obviously you are looking at the 5 dollar price because that is what the majority of your waves are bought at.  Thus you could have bought your first 10 shares for 10 dollars each but if you have 1000 shares at 3 dollars each, well that is where the average price you bought is.

Do i want waves to go down now or not?  The thing is i still do not have enough money to get the amount of waves i want unless i trade my bitcoin and also withdraw money from bank account to do this.  If i do have the money to get the amount of waves now, then obviously i want the price to drop now right?  But if i dont have the money yet but will have in the future, what do i want the price of waves to be now?  Im guessing just don't go too high etc?  The thing is i want to get waves at 3 dollars or less etc.  So if i feel like if the price keeps going higher, then it would be hard for me to buy enough waves.  Of course going higher is good when you own waves but not when you dont have enough if you know what i mean.  This can be said for bitcoin, altcoins and every other coin.  People want the price to go down a lot... then you buy since you buy low and sell high.  But the thing is what if you already own that currency?  The thing is if i have enough waves that i want and do not plan to buy more... then obviously i only want the price to go up etc.  Like my thought is... okay i have enough shares of this coin where i might buy more of it later on even if the price goes up or maybe down but im satisfied with how many coins i have.  At the moment, i do not have even close to enough waves that i want. 

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
viking02 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:48:35 AM

Hey all any opinions on this?

To make it simple let say you bought 1000 coins at 3 dollars each.  But you want to get more coins... let say you wanted to get like 4500 coins total.  The price went up to 6 dollars etc.  So that is great in the sense that you doubled up your money.  However you want to get 3500 more coins and thus 4500 coins total.  So even though say you have 3000 dollars invested on 1000 coins, do you want the coins to all drop so you can get more at a lower price?  Let say you either dont have enough money to buy that many coins or you just want it at a cheaper price.  Do you want the coin price to drop down to 3 dollars or less etc?  Because if it drops, then that means you could get the coins even more cheaper.  But the issue is if it drops to 3 dollars, you then you basically lose 3000 dollars of profit.  Does anyone here get what im asking here?  So in situations like this, do ppl want their coin to go up in price or go down?  Because if it goes down, you lose money... but you could buy more coins at a cheaper price.  The other thing would be if you want it to go down to buy more, wouldnt the other situation be just sell all the coins now.  Then wait till it drops back to 3... then buy them all again so you could have double the amount?  Do ppl do this instead?  Because this is the only way where its like a win/win situation if the coin drops?

The other thing is this.  If u dont have a trading account and only use site like shapeshift to trade bitcoin for altcoin etc... then how do you really sell your altcoins then for profit?  For example, i heard of a coin called tether that basically stays at 1 dollar.  Is that true/false?  Because if thats the case, couldn't someone who doesnt trade their altcoin for cash just trade it for tether every time as a way to hold their money?  Example you have 1000 coins at 3 dollars each.  It goes up to 6 dollars each so you have 6k.  You convert that 6k altcoin to tether wheres its not fiat... then if that altcoin drops to 3 dollars, you could buy 2000 of them etc? 

But my original question is basically do you want the coin you invested to drop if you are going to get more of it?  I mean if you have say just 50 coins at 3 dollars.  And want to get say 950 more coins at a cheaper price than 6 dollars, then obviously it make sense then it dropping is good even though you invested money into it right since its only 150 dollars?  But what if you invested a lot more like 3k?  Because right now i want the coin to drop in price so i could buy more.  But if it drops, i lose profit.  But if price keeps going higher, sure i profit but i do not have the total amount of coin i want total for a specific coin.

Can someone give me advice on this?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`